Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting Ana-Lucia spoilers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Interesting Ana-Lucia spoilers Reply with quote

I know early on in Season One some people speculated that Jack might be gay because he hadn't made a move on Kate well apparently the producers were listening and one of our castaways may indeed go for the same sex but thank god it's not Jack. Anyway I did have a purpose for this post. Both Michael Ausiello for TV Guide and Kristen for E! are both hinting at spoilers that the "Danny"/"Danni" mentioned by Ana-Lucia may not necessarily be a guy (kind of an Alex situation take 2...is Alex a girl or boy...is Danny/Danni a guy or girl?...the questions we must ponder on this show...lol).

Quote:
Question: How 'bout a Hurley and Ana Lucia romance on Lost? — Chuck

Ausiello: I'm thinking more along the lines of Rousseau and Ana Lucia, but don't quote me on that.

Quote:
From tivoteacher: Your rival spoiler Ausiello alluded to Ana-Lucia being a lesbian (someone told me--I would never read his trash). Any truth in that?
Ausiello and I are BFF, sweetie, and if his stuff is trash, mine is the sticky film that congeals at the bottom of the basket. As for A-L, let's not forget that "Danny" can be spelled two different ways. That's all I'm saying!

For all of us Jaters out there this could bring only good things for our favorite couple. Now if we can just get that pesky Sawyer out of the equation we can have an actual "happily ever after" on the island (okay who am I kidding this is Lost there will never be an happily ever after...lol). I think it would make for an interesting storyline to find out exactly whom Danny/Danni is and what exactly happened to Ana-Lucia. Now I'm all intrigued to learn more about her past and can anyone say DAMN in regards to the Canada preview for this weeks episode? I'm literally counting down the days till I see that happen and no matter the outcome of it at least us Jaters finally get some hope for a future.

Okay, wait this was supposed to be about the Ana-Lucia spoilers...lol. Anyway, thoughts on these spoilers? Anyone actually starting to like A-L yet or is she still like one of the most disliked charcters on the show (which by the way if I was pregnant and got shot by a gun whelding maniac I'd be a bit psycho myself as I'm sure any woman would be)?

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she is... really... macho? But I was so looking forward to some Eko/Ana-Lucia jungle sex. Dammit. But yeah, I think it would make the most sense for the "gay quotient" to be one of the tailies because we haven't had a chance to get to know them very much yet and so it wouldn't be such a huge curve-ball.

I think Charlie should be gay though. It would be hilarious. Imagine his coming out episode.

Everyone: "Oh come on, we all know you're gay."
Charlie: "What?" *looks self up and down* "I'm gay? How?"
Claire: "It's true Charlie. You barely touch me and you keep asking to borrow all of my clothes. Besides, you're really bossy. And you're British! Hello? SO gay."
Charlie: "But? No one told me."
Claire: "Well, now you know."
Charlie: "I wish I would have known sooner, before Sayid was taken. He's so hot."
Claire: "Oh, by the way, Shannon just died."
Charlie: "Really?!... I mean... really? That is so... sad?"
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Well she is... really... macho? But I was so looking forward to some Eko/Ana-Lucia jungle sex. Dammit. But yeah, I think it would make the most sense for the "gay quotient" to be one of the tailies because we haven't had a chance to get to know them very much yet and so it wouldn't be such a huge curve-ball.

It would be an interesting twist. But I really thought that down the road we could see some Sayid/Ana lovin' going on. But this spoiler I just read makes me wonder.

Quote:
11/28 - The relationship between Locke and Eko will be a central focus of the show. The different viewpoint those two characters have will come into play. The Sayid/Ana Lucia relationship will be something that will carry foward in the upcoming episodes in ways that are different than people might think. They probably have more in common than "I killed the woman you loved." Desmond will be coming back. Maybe there will be an episode about the island's past. Dr. Marvin Candle has a fake hand. Source: Lost Podcast

Sayid's #1 leading lady, Nadia, was in California from what we know from his last episode. Could what they have in common be a common love? Now that would be a hell of a twist. I can just see her and Sayid getting into it and fighting over the remnants of the picture...lol.

Quote:
I think Charlie should be gay though. It would be hilarious. Imagine his coming out episode.

Now that would just be funny. I can't see Charlie turning away from Claire though. He's smitten by her.

www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is getting OT but given the fact that I haven't seen the newest episode yet, I CAN see Claire turning away from Charlie. I find their relationship completely uninteresting and apparently from what she said about him a couple of episodes ago, she herself is getting bored with him. I understand that he likes her "a whole lotty lot!" But I find his attachment to her to be akin to a childish infatuation-crush-like-thing. He wants to take care of her, etc. etc. But he seems to be doing a pretty piss-poor job of it IMO. And who says she needs taking care of anyway? She seems to be able to handle herself. His whole preoccupation with her seems to be more about himself than it does about her. In short, piss off, Charlie! Go do some heroin. At least then you'll be interesting. (Sorry, I have all of this pent-up Charlie hostility!)

I do think that a Sayid/Ana-Lucia hook-up would be a very unexpected twist, but not as unexpected as your afformentioned Nadia connection. The only problem with that is that I don't think that Nadia is gay! Haha. Just based on the interactions we saw between her and Sayid last season. FYI, Nadia is so my favorite non-island character and I desperately wish there was some way they could put her on the show permanently.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I do think that a Sayid/Ana-Lucia hook-up would be a very unexpected twist, but not as unexpected as your afformentioned Nadia connection. The only problem with that is that I don't think that Nadia is gay! Haha. Just based on the interactions we saw between her and Sayid last season. FYI, Nadia is so my favorite non-island character and I desperately wish there was some way they could put her on the show permanently.

I don't think Nadia is gay either but it would still be one hell of a twist. I'm still holding out hope for a Ana/Sayid or Ana/Sawyer hook-up but with the spoilers I've read tonight my hope is slightly diminishing. Plus if you drop one of that A's in Nadia's name you can spell a female version of the name Danny "Dani". Okay now I'm just being crazy but with Lost you can't help but wonder because they do have a reputation of throwing us through loops with some of the character twists.

I like Nadia but at the moment I still like Jack's wife and Kate's mom more. They both seem to have some deep stories to tell with those two.

www.lostvideo.net
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I just rewatched the beginning of last weeks episode and now I have a bit of renewed hope for an Ana/Sayid or Ana/Sawyer ship down the road. She calls Danny an "he" so I'm wondering if that was a slip up on the writers part or something diliberately done by Ana to her therapist (she works for her mom and if she was dating a woman would she want her mom to know? and hey stranger things have happened on this show) or a spoiler meant to screw with people like me that want to see Ana hook up with one of our lovely guys and maybe finally work some of the anger out of her.

Whatever happens I've decided spoilers are evil because they make me think to much about what is coming up. You'd think that would be enough to make me stop reading them but, nope, I'll still hit up all the spoiler places just because...lol.

www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to watch that episode. Still haven't seen it.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I really need to watch that episode. Still haven't seen it.

You need to it's a great episode. Definitely worth watching.

www.lostvideo.net
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is not to even mention one other possible outcome if Ana-Lucia were gay...

Jack: "Sawyer, you leave Kate alone! I kissed her this week!"
Sawyer: "So? She kisses a different guy in the 8th or 9th episode of every season! Doesn't mean a darn thing, doc!"
Jack and Sawyer start punching each other.
Ana-Lucia: (to Kate) "Soooo, you're the Hot Babe of the Island, hm?"
Ana-Lucia throws Kate over her shoulder and carries her away while Jack and Sawyer continue to fight.
Eventually --
Jack: "Kate, you'd better tell us to stop before I really hurt myself, uh, I mean, before I really hurt Sawyer!"
Sawyer: "Yeah, Freckles, I think I'm about to pull a -- Hey, where'd she go?"
Jack: "Kate?"
*sound of crickets chirping*

And, for the record, I have my fingers, eyes, toes and ears crossed (what a lovely image, hm? ) that they'll put Ana with Sayid! Not. Sawyer. Let me repeat, Not! Sawyer!

And KC, loooooove your Charlie comes out scene!

SuperKC wrote:
Claire: "Oh, by the way, Shannon just died."
Charlie: "Really?!... I mean... really? That is so... sad?"

The question mark at the end is what did me in!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO best imaginary scenes EVER

My thoughts on this whole thing: A-L would be the absolute worst character to make "the gay one". Like it or not, she's ALREADY on thin ice. The writers seem to have made every single attempt possible to make her as hatable as can be while still keeping her a round character, and this just seems like a death toll to A-L and the show. Not because it would make people hate her more (well, not most people anyway) but because it would mean wasting a perfectly good twist on a character nobody even knows or cares about that much, and marking her forever in the show as "the Gay one". You A-L fans may not have a problem with what the're doing to the character, or are just putting up with it very well with faith that you'll end up liking her more later, but this would just be the end for me
I think it was Lindelof who said that if they were to introduce a gay character, they'd have to make it someone people like and get to know first, then bring it on later once they like the character for themself, not their stereotype. That's completely my point of view on how this would have to be handled and how they should handle it I don't think A-L has the fanbase to take this twist. It could mean the point where everyone hoping to give her a chance just gives up, and if it continues to eat story time, when they give up Lost too she's already had two full episodes, plus a number where she was one of the main stories. I personally need a break if I'm going to end up liking her
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true! I personally don't think they'll make her gay if they really are going to pull that twist.

My money's still on Jack.

*ducks*

You gotta admit, that would be one HECK of a twist if they outted their leading man!

*ducks again*

I'm not saying he's gay. I just wouldn't put it past the writers. But of course, if they've already said straight up (no pun intended ) that Jack's NOT going to be gay, well, then I assume that they wouldn't out and out lie.

*waves white flag at angry Jack fans/Jaters* Uh, I'm just saying that would be a mighty big twist, now wouldn't it?

*whimper*

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally with you there Ais. All jokes aside, it would be an AMAZING twist to announce that the hero of the story that everyone loves is gay. It would be risky, but danm would it be cool. I would find Jack a lot more interesting from that too.
That's the kind of gutsy twist that I want Ana Lucia is the easy route "oh, well SHE's a hero too! ohhhh!" but it really just wouldn't have the same impact. Jack's would be like Locke and the wheelchair level of twist

Plus, if it was Jack, it would mean that they could handle it much more maturely. Can you think of many male gay characters on tv that aren't the complete stereotype? Not that I can think of
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Sawyer in all his dripping machismo being the gay one wouldn't be an extraordinary twist?

What is this? And M. Night Shyamalan movie?
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept saying how the island is so ethnically correct, but they still needed a gay character!

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
And Sawyer in all his dripping machismo being the gay one wouldn't be an extraordinary twist?

Hey, I'm not saying it wouldn't! However, up until what we see next episode () Jack's been one very mysterious fellow when it comes to these things. And Sawyer has PLENTY of evidence against it anyway, or so Aislynn can hope
Quote:
What is this? And M. Night Shyamalan movie?

What else do we HAVE but twists? At least judging by how the show is still all mysteriosu with flashbacks and whatever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: