Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Skate versus Jate Debate, Mate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worthy of winning.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I haven't seen the latest episode yet, so I can't really comment on it. Nice try though.

I obviously disagree with the fact that Jack and Kate have no chemistry together. I find the Sawyer/Kate chemistry to be forced if you ask me. Also, I really don't think they have any real connection because of my afformentioned reasons (which none of the Skaters had responded to... hmmm must mean I'm right!) I think Jack and Sawyer have a deeper connection than Kate and Sawyer. Remember the jungle/dad conversation? The only time Sawyer has been truly selfless and it was with Jack.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that Sawyer said those things because he knew they meant something to Jack, and since he was leavign anyway, he ran no risk of someone actually becoming his friend, since he hates himself so much he doesn't want that to happen. Yet another thing we shoudl keep in mind now that he's actually back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope they don't let it drop. (The possible Jack/Sawyer friendship) That would suck majorly. It would be dumb of them to drop it because in all honesty? Love triangles get really old really fast when two people who hate each other are fighting over the same person. It is much more interesting when the guys(or girls) are friends.

One reason I can't ship Skate? No matter how much I love Skaters?

*crushes you all to death with mounds of affection*

No emotion.

That conversation she had with SawyerPossessedAsHerFakeNo!REALDadWayne was the extent of the emotion Kate has exhibited towards Sawyer with the exception of two episodes. Number one is obviously the Confidence Man episode and I think that we'll all agree that the ship hadn't even really been "born" until the end of that episode with their kiss. Second is that fireside "farewell" chat.

Skate has all of the light and fluffy scenes whereas Jate has all of the truly angsty scenes. You could argue that it's because Jack's a serious guy. But my take? The reason that Sawyer and Kate don't have a hell of a lot to say to each other besides snarky fun? Because there's not a lot between them. Sure, Sawyer's attractive in a caveman-like way and Kate is the token island beauty (not that all the ladies on the island aren't beautiful, but admit it, she's in the limelight and they're all backup singers.) They connect on the surface, we're hot and sexy and we have twisted histories in which we've both been a little more than naughty. But we'll find out what happens when they are forced to dig a little bit more deeply under the surface.

I sort of feel that, in a way, the writers have set them up too quickly this season. (Think about it, they've only had two episodes where they've had scenes with each other so far. Last time they saw each other Sawyer had just outed Kate as a criminal.) It reeks of failure yet to come. I feel like now that she seems to be in some kind of a relationship with Sawyer (whether it's said out loud or not, it is most definitely implied that they are all "coupley" now), there will be some major sexual tension/angst between her and Jack.

I'm not sure how it will play out or for how long, though. Could be a pretty long time given Jack's track record of relationship speed. I said on the other forum that Jack would not go after some other guy's girl, especially now because I feel like he has a newfound respect for Sawyer. But who knows, maybe seeing them together will torture him into action. The homewrecker.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refer all of you here:

http://www.lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=55582#55582

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: