Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ugh.. a LOST Spin-off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Ugh.. a LOST Spin-off Reply with quote

Quote:
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the mysteries of ABC's Lost are about to get bigger - and smaller, as a spin-off of the Emmy-winning series heads for mobile phones.

The trade reports that a deal is close to being inked with a major U.S. carrier, most likely Verizon. The phone carrier would have exclusive rights to the new mini-"Lost," which eventually could get an iPod window after that exclusivity expires.

The series will be called "Lost Video Diaries" and is expected to introduce two new characters said to be stranded alongside regular cast members featured on the TV / iTunes version of the show.

About 20 episodes - each several minutes long - are being shot next month in Hawaii to hit phones sometime early next year. The project is not being produced by ABC or Touchstone Television but is under the oversight of Lost executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

The deal marks the latest example of the networks' push to develop original content for the new, lilliputian format. Disney ignited this trend when it made episodes of Lost and other Disney programming available on the new video iPod in its groundbreaking deal with Apple.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what? They have tv exclusive to phones now? Wow, why use my high definition big screen tv when I can watch this crappy several minute long show on my Ceeeeeeell Phone!? *z snap*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw that man! Im a soon to be grad student, no way I can afford an IPOD. Anyone who sees them will just have to pass it on to us poor people on the forum.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry, there will be torrents.

although, I'm sure these will be underwelming, dissapointing, and/or cheap looking.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll probably be stupid little films mixing old clips from lost eps together.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh. there used to be (maybe still is) a written journal at the official site that was from a anonymous castaways perspective. it was boring as hell. it was like "dear journal, today i got sand in my pants. some the people are really upset about somthing that sounds really cool, but i'm not really involved in that. i've got this special 'outside the group perspective'. well, anyway, better get back to getting that sand out of my pants. its very uncomfortable... bla bla bla" and so on.

yep, that will make a great show.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were a comedy, that'd be funny. I love watching randoms on the show just stare at Jack going "What's an island?".

Ooh, new idea - a spin-off focusing on Arzt. Now that would be funny.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually what they will be is 2 or 3 minute little things kind of like a diary of characters that don't necessarily get any air time. From what I understand all the Lost diaries will be on the Season 2 DVD set so no worries. We'll all get to see them in the end. I personally think it's a really cool thing because it means that Lost is doing good enough for people to want to move forward with making these. Kudos to Lost for moving in on a new medium of distribution.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah like the "extended scenes" on the DVD- very boring! The only one worth watching was the Shannon/Charlie band one.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's good that the show is so popular they want more, but I still think it's not a very good idea. It could be very good, or just plain corny.

Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm that sounds weird to be honest!
what is that about anyway >>????

I've never seen any Mobilephone/Ipod specials that were good
just remember Final Fantasy 7 and before crisis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: