Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x07 - "The Other 48 Days" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: 2x07 - "The Other 48 Days" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Discuss today's episode. Once the show has aired, and you haven't seen it, I do not recommend you read this topic. Until it airs, all spoilers refering to this episode are off limits, and should either be discussed in the spoiler forum or marked in spoiler text in here (white)

Wednesday, Nov.16, 9/8c
"The Other 48 Days"
The harrowing first 48 days in the lives of the tail section survivors are revealed.

And absolutely NO mention of the previews for this episode, unless they're in spoiler text. (white)

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the just-on-time post I completely forgot about this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*had a performance and is willing to kill for spoilers, specifically of the Bernard and Mr. Eko kind. Ana-Lucia who?*

sig by niki blue
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ana-Lucia: Still a Bitch
Bernard: Cuter than ever.
Mr. Eko: Do you mean Mr. AWESOME?

Sorry that's the best I can do. I suck at recap.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE FOLLOW! Don't read any further if you don't wanna be spoiled

I for one thought that was a superb episode! This is probably the last time I'll ever say this, but it was almost too fast an episode LOL

I think I forgive AL now. I don't hate her. I don't love her mind you, but I don't hate her... which kinda sucks, since all tshe's gonna fall as is a mediocre character I want to love or hate her dammit!

Too many mysteries opened and hinted at in this, just too much to take in

"the Good ones" - does this mean Claire was the only good one on the island? Please God don't tell me this means it's purgatory... Maybe Dharma's looking to start that utopian society from the video? The Others seem to think they're doing the right thing by taking people anyways.
Also: proof that Ethan WOULD have talked if our goddamn little druggie didn't shoot him to death And perhaps the others aren't evil after all.

I suppose based on the evidence, Nathan wasn't actually an Other (lol "Nathan") but damn if that rabbit trapping and running from the jungle thing didn't make me suspicious of the guy. (anyone else jump at the rabbit trapping? anyone else that geeky to remember that from the ol' days? )

Everything adds up nicely as to why those events happened, except for Mr. Echo's sudden and violent beatdown on Micheal and Sawyer when Jin ran out. I guess it was something that had to be done, but it really didn't seem to fit him after all that peaceful silence.

One thing should probably be clear to everyone: whatever they do with the people they take, they don't kill them. Why would they go to all that trouble just to kill them? I highlly doubt it at least.

Lets look at the "others", shall we? Male and female. Clothed in brown robes when "stalking", have access to at least some 20-year-old U.S. Army trinkets, may be related to Dharma Industries, and might carry the belongings of their conquests as trophies (teddy bear). At least two have infiltrated the camps (around the same times too...). And best of all, they can be killed.... seemingly easilly from this episode (tsk tsk Jack... can't even beat up ol' Ethan...). My analysis: Secret Dharma Initiative U.S. Army Operation

The Dharma logo's an arrow! Boo ya Sledgeweb!

That opening shot was AWESOME. Great vid footage too. I got that nostalgic feeling of the pilot... Sigh.... Mr. Echo needs his own "Walkabout"-esque episode to really bring back Season 1 though.

okay done, can't think of more. Must watch again!

Last edited by Hobbes on Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like it how Micheal said "what was that?!". That makes me forgive A L more than anything else... unless they're BOTH idiots... could be
Still, if I were her I'd TOTALLY hold onto that one bullet (didn't she say in a previous episode it had only one bullet?!?!?! The previews don't seem to think so...) if the others were coming. It's her one only protection! Why waste it on a shape flashing by in the distance?
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best part of episode: "Nathan wasn't a good person."
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hate Ana. What, her crying in the jungle is supposed to make me feel bad for hating her? Please.

Looking forward to next week even though I don't even know who it's about.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Best part of episode: "Nathan wasn't a good person."

LOL that sound byte will fuel this ofrum for many years
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Crap ...They finally had a Nathan on the show and he was a bad guy???

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was very accurate
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Warren got this up because I've been so busy with school lately that I didn't have time to get this up.

I really loved this episode. People can say all they want about Anna-Lucia but I see a good person under that tough exterior. She put the lives of everyone else above hers. When the kids were kidnapped she put there wellbeing over her own. When she thought they had been infiltrated then figured out who it really was she put herself on the line to get him away from camp to deal with him. Everything she's done has been to protect the people in her care. I really respect her as a character and I think we'll see a lot of layers to her as we learn more about her.

I can't wait to have the entire cast together in one place because I think that's when things are really going to get good. Anna-Lucia is a great character imho and I really can't wait to learn more about her. She just joined Kate and Jack as my three favorite characters with the most depth.

That different Dharma logo just served to confirm my theory that every seperate outpost had it's own seperate Dharma logo kind of to seperate them from each other. I guess kind of like each places own mascot/theme.

I love how they introduced Bernard and you can see his real pain in thinking he'd lost Rose. I can't wait to see those two finally reunited.

I liked how we got to see that the flight attendant survived the crash. Hopefully we'll get an explination as to if the Others got her or not. I think it would be great to have her survive to meet up with the other survivors because I think it would be great to have just one crew member from the flight around.

Libby has a lot of potential as a character as well so I think we'll get some fun and interesting stories from her too. Mr. Eko is definitely a bit of a odd character but I like him. I loved how he comforted A-L in the jungle.

People can say what they want about these other survivors and what they want about A-L but I'll be damned if that wasn't the most intriguing episode yet this season. And that's saying a lot because there have been some great episodes so far. I love the way they decided to edit together the ending and bring it back to the place the last episode ended. That was a genious move.

A top notch episode but then again what would you expect from a Damon and Carlton written episode.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't anyone else just want to beat the living crap out of Ana when she is like, "There aren't any other survivors" to Bernard and he was all dejected and she was all "SO THERE!" How much she deserves my wrath for that!
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Didn't anyone else just want to beat the living crap out of Ana when she is like, "There aren't any other survivors" to Bernard and he was all dejected and she was all "SO THERE!" How much she deserves my wrath for that!

It might have seemed harsh but to her she was protecting her group. They had been majorly infiltrated (more so then the other survivors by Ethan) and even had there kids taken from them. I would hope that in a similar situation we'd all have the courage she did to take charge. No one on the island has all the answers but with the few numbers they have someone needed to take charge. I really respect A-L for having that courage to put herself on the line for all of them multiple times.

While I love the character of Bernard I think A-L did what she felt was best for the remaining members of her group. But I'm glad we finally know who was on the other side of Boone's radio message. Again can't wait to see the two groups reunited.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Ah Crap ...They finally had a Nathan on the show and he was a bad guy???

Well, if you look at it logically, he was a good guy... just wrongfully accused good guy... right? Unless he was a bad guy and Goodman killed him so he wouldn't talk... but then that conversation they had as he pulled him up wouldn't realyl make sense so...
So yeah, he was probably a good guy, despite MG

But he was a jerk at least!

Quote:

Yeah.... but Bernard was being a sissy Besides, A-L probably couldn't stand the thought of there actually being hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: