Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x06 - "Abandoned" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: 2x06 - "Abandoned" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Discuss today's episode. Once the show has aired, and you haven't seen it, I do not recommend you read this topic. Until it airs, all spoilers refering to this episode are off limits, and should either be discussed in the spoiler forum or marked in spoiler text in here (white)

Abandoned"
Sawyer's wound becomes life-threatening as he, Michael and Jin make their way through the interior of the island with the tail section survivors. Meanwhile, Shannon is once again haunted by visions of Walt, and Charlie becomes jealous of Locke's interest in Claire.

And absolutely NO mention of the previews for this episode, unless they're in spoiler text. (white)
Normally LC does this, but I suspect she's having a very very busy time right now, so here you guys go

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY we're back! I'm expecting one hell of an episode tonight!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I didnt even like Shannon, but that was really sad. At least Boone wont be alone now.

Look for Lament for Shannon coming soon!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. That sucked! In the good way.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My FREAKING Gosh! Best. Show. Ever.

Banner: Shinythings
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming we can talk about the show in detail now since it has aired. But just in case that's not the case, I'm going to give you a warning now. SPOILERS BELOW!

Okay, so what the HELL was Walt saying? I'm sure someone here will watch those scenes over and over to decode them. As if Drippy-Whispery-Walt (codename: D. Double-W) is not the creepiest thing EVER! And Sayid saw him too? So does that mean it is the real Walt? Or Walt reaching out to them with his psychic powers? I'm thinkin' B. At any rate, D. Double-W gives me the wiggins.

Why the hell must the writers kill off the interesting characters? I mean, if ever anyone needed to die in this episode it was CHARLIE! How many times did I want to smack him? Let me count the ways. And at least I feel vindicated because Claire AGREED with my sentiments. (Finally, sanity!)

Sayid/Shannon stuff was great. He is going to open up a serious can of whoop-ass on that loud-mouthed Ana. I need a reason for her attitude in order to like her. The others from the tail-section lived through the same stuff she did and they aren't acting like Captain A-hole. I realize people will come to her defense saying that she thought that Shannon was one of the others, but with all due respect, she was a whole heck of a lot cleaner than the others appeared to be and the fact that they were marching in the direction of the fuselage survivor's camp might have tipped her off to the fact that they were bound to run into someone else (not an other) eventually. What's with this shoot first ask questions later garbage huh? Big stupid head. She needs to be tied down and forced to listen to Charlie dictate the way Claire raises HER child all day long. Yeah, that'll teach her.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen the ep yet, then why are you in here? GET OUT! :
SPOILERS for this ep:

SHIIIIIIIT!!!!!!! They did kill Shannon! This is BULLSHIT!

Well, at least they didn't kill Sawyer, that's the important thing. (as I'm sure aislynn was thinking as soon as his eyes rolled into the back of his head ) But seriously, I was just starting to really like her character, more than I ever did Kate or Jack or anyone else other than Locke for that matter. But now they've killed her, and the absolute STUPIDEST character did it too! And I'm not even allowed to hate Ana Lucia! I don't know her bloody story or WHY she's such a stupid bitch, so I just KNOW as soon as I feel hate for her, I'm gonna feel all sorry about it because of her tear-jerking past Well you know what, next week is her last chance at redemption for me, if I don't understand and feel for her with her change from the pushy bitch to the STUPID bitch, I'm gonna go all "hate club" on Ana's ass I hope some people join me...
What's worse is of all the characters they could have killed, Shannon is the one that affects the LEAST of the survivors. I don't really care about Sayid, we KNOW he can't kill another main character since the tally is up already, so what is he going to do? Shannon was the only thing that made him interesting, and now there's nothing... at least when Boone died, there was the hatch, everyone hated Locke, Jack was all sad, and Shannon completely turned over a new leaf...

Oh and btw, Ana Lucia is 100 times worse than Locke At the very worst, you could say that Locke expected from his vision that Boone would get hurt by going after the plane. But even then, his mind was on getting into the hatch and regaining his legs. He also told Boone to get out when the plane started shaking.
Ana Lucia, on the other hand, shot a blonde dressed in pink with hr only bullet.... even if she thought she was attacking them, why the hell would she use her only bullet on the smallest one, and not someone actualyl threatening? lol If I were her, I'd be much more reluctant to fire.

Oh well, it was a great episode otherwise... i didn't feel all that attatched in the final scenes, but I thought the backstory was really nice (Boone was back! OGM! )

As to Walt, people have deciphered what he says by playing the audio backwards. I'm going to go check my sources and i'll be back with any secrets we may not have noticed like that

If Freelancer sees this, as Shannon was telling Sayid that he'd leave as soon as they got off the island, I was humming "I Can't Catch You" Just fits the relationship perfectly. That's why I love that vid....

Charlie's behaviour in this episode just further proved my theory that Claire and Aaaron are his new "drug". He's bloody addicted Again.... Gotta love how Locke left out "recovering", and guilted Charlie about the Virgin Mary statue, but didn't let on he knew. I still love Locke, he's just too great. He should team up with Mr. Echo and fight crim. They could be called the "Backgammon Brothers!" (you know, one is light, one is dark both are big, mysterious, and cool ) Echo's becoming one of my new favs.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys see Jack in the hospital during Shannon's flashback? No one mentioned it yet so I was just wondering. lol.

I absolutely loved this episode. As sad as the ending was, I loved it. It was so shocking (to me anyway) and now I truely believe it's only gonna get MUCH better.
Oh and theres your Shayid nookie Warren. lol. I was hoping for that too since Naveen said back on Ellen that things were gonna heat up between His character and Maggies. It's too bad she's dead now.
And I have to say, as soon as I heard that gunshot I almost teared up because I knew Shannon had just got it, and I didn't even like her that much.
Seeing Boone again was great, well except for his hair. Not quite as bad as Jacks wig in his flashback though.

I just can't believe Ana shot her, best ending EVER! Sayid looked distroyed and he looked like he was ready to rip Ana Lucia's head off. LOL.
I think they should banish her ass into jungle now for the others to get her.

Anyway Great episode and next weeks looks awesome as well. WooHoo, the pilot for the tail section people. Can't wait.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely forgot about seeing Jack! That was cool! He wasn't in any of the other episode though, so I guess they had to stick him somewhere lol

Yep, they had the nookie, and in a way that they didn't have to hand back that "all ages broadcasting" award they won last yar I guess i'm relieved, as that would not be all that comfortable while watching with my mom thank you very much

Walts talk: http://www.cubit.net/lost/investigations.php

LOL Sledgeweb said this, and I just have to quote it
Quote:
I think they need to rush Shannon to Jack before she dies so he can have a part in not saving the entire rutherford family. Sabrina... you're next on Jack's list.

Boone's lines were really well done, kinda a play on the show like "Doesn't death suck" and Shannon's "Boone! You're back!" kinda just what the audience was thinking. Anyoe else catch that?
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I guess i'm relieved, as that would not be all that comfortable while watching with my mom thank you very much

LOL yeah well I went and seen Titanic a few years back with both of my parents and let me just say how terribly uncomfortable it was for me during that Jack stetching very naked Rose scene.

So Walt said "They're coming, and they're close"
I guess Shannon should've listened more carefully then eh. Well you could cearly see/tell that he was saying be quiet anyway.
Poor Shannon.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems almost like Walt was trying to lead Shannon there, since she would never have done that if he hadn't shown up... Sounds like he was talking about the tailies like Shannon woudl think they're enemies.... And those whispers from the others came at a perfect time to get Ana Lucia all scared, didn't they? seems like they were all playing one big trick on them... kinda supports my theory that Walt was made into one of the others
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just so happy Boone didnt screw her over in the past...yay! Yeah that was a really tough one...

Not for me to defend anyone who irrensponsible with a weapon- but obviousl some BAD sh*t went down for the tail section people, and I suspect Ana is suffering from severe Post Traumatic Stress, that just the thought would make her actually fire her weapon. Not to mention that Cindy lady going missing.

Also I must disagree- Ana actually seems REMORSEFUL- unlike Locke. Locke is just happy go lucky like nothing ever happened. And at least Ana didnt have some vision of her killing Shannon. She was really freaked out. But it was a really bad decision and accident. I mean come on- everyone seems to have forgiven Charlie for premeditated murder. I understand his animosity towards Ethan- but jeez!

I was SOOO happy that someone actually explained something in this episode (Ana about the others) instead of giving some cryptic, ambiguous answer like Desmond did.

But it was very sad, and I didnt even really like Shannon. At least Boone wont be alone now...

Anyone else think that Vincent is Walt's familiar? Also- there seems to be 2 visions of Walt- the one with the water (which freaks me out, thinking that maybe he drowned or something) and that one that led Shannon to her death- it didnt seem to be the same one. I agree- I think he was made into one of the others. My suggestion- cannibals.

PS- NOTHING is as bad as Jack's wig- maybe Locke's wig...

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Boone's hair was cool! he looked much younger and cool like a colege student would. He had much more of the "older brother" vibe inthis one than ever before. I thought he was younger befoe today actually...

How bout we just agree that killing anyone is bad Though Locke did try to stop it by telling Boone to get out, which is why I don't believe he completely grasped that vision (I know I didn't until it had all happened, di you? Was the first thing oyu thought when you saw Boone bloody "OMG Boone's gonna die!" I thought it was about an accident that happened to Boone in the past, and why wouldn't Locke think that too? He also had no choice in the matter and Boone made all the choices to stay in the plane, to go up initially, and to continue

I think Charlie's was the worst though. even IF Ethan was actually evil (and my theory is he wasn't ) that was still the stupidest thing anyone's ever done on the show to date

Quote:
My suggestion- cannibals.

Soul-sucking cannibals that eat children! awesome
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
even IF Ethan was actually evil (and my theory is he wasn't )

Ethan was just...misunderstood. (I'm not exactly sure how you can "misunderstand" him kidnapping Claire, hanging Charlie by his neck until sorta dead, and all the other stuff he did... But by criminy, I just know he was misunderstood! )

About tonight's ep... Okay, I admit it, I checked this thread before the ep started because I wanted to be SURE that it wasn't going to be Sawyer who bit the big one! No sneaky switch-outs and killing MY sweet Southern boy, thank you very much!

I hate it when they set a character up in a very sympathetic way just to kill them off. That said, it seemed like a very senseless way to kill a main character. Of course, people die in "senseless" accidents every day so it certainly does happen. It just seemed like the only storyline her death is going to kick off is the "Sayid tears Ana-Lucia into little bitty bits" storyline! 'Cause he really looked ready to do some damage there at the end, didn't he?

About Ana-Lucia... I just hope that they give her some sympathetic backstory and PRONTO if they expect the majority of "Lost" fans to really like her. After all, Shannon was "ours" and Ana-Lucia just blew her away because she was spooked and had an itchy trigger finger. That's NOT going to inspire anybody but Shannon-haters to like her.

Need I even mention the love I'm sure all Sawyerettes must be feeling after she kept repeatedly trying to leave our ailing Southern boy behind to die?

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ethan was just...misunderstood.

You laugh now, but when you find out he was forced to do those things by a giant talking dinosaur, you'll be sorry

Quote:
It just seemed like the only storyline her death is going to kick off is the "Sayid tears Ana-Lucia into little bitty bits" storyline!

You missed out "then cries about what he did because he swore to never do it again, then goes crying off into the jungle to find his french woman again."

Quote:

Need I even mention the love I'm sure all Sawyerettes must be feeling after she kept repeatedly trying to leave our ailing Southern boy behind to die?

WOOT! Go AnalSaw!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: