Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU" by aradne

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: "If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU" by aradne Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU" 12-13-2010
A granted wish for Nikki. Full description on YT.
Song: The Suburbs by Arcade Fire
Vidder: aradnea
Length: 2:24 (76.5MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-2DhaxAxI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-2DhaxAxI

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was awesome Ali!! What a novel idea!!! Kate seeing those Jate scenes was so fantastic! And then seeing herself, and telling her to go back to Jack GAH! That was so fantastic!!! I loved it! my heart was racing all through that kissing scene, even tho ive seen it a million times Fabulous job, nikki loved it I'm sure!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I just love the idea first off!! Its so brilliant! How'd you even come up with it?! So are you saying that all Jack's pain and mistakes he made on the island was caused because of Kate and her NOT showing Jack she loved him enough and it all started with that one moment when she pretty much rejected him? That is just so so sad but makes so much sense now! Wow! This is something that could have been put in the show its that good! I loved all your manips! They were so convincing like the one where she throws the rock at herself and the future Kate is shocked at first but then smiles. I loved that one, it was my favorite! And then the ending was brilliant too with the revelation and then Kate going back to change the past and telling Jack she loved him! Now, I'm curious if her telling Jack that she loved him changed not only Jack's life but all the other Losties as well? It makes my brain hurt if I think about it too long. You should continue this vid if you ever get inspired to. It would be a pretty cool series. Oh and like I said on youtube your dedication made me cry b/c it was just so heartfelt and sweet! awwwws! I feel so honored to have such a brilliant editor make a video just for me! I remember when I first stumbled upon your work on youtube and was so amazed, I was almost afraid to leave you a comment lol and now your making vids for me! I never would have thought!! haha! Thanks a million times for this! ****HUGS****

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really fantastic AU and such awesome manips! *applause* Very nicely done!
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU by aradnea Reply with quote

Kat - thank you I actually was afraid to let the kiss scene go for so long, cause... let's face it, we all know its every second by now But then I though... what the hell, it goes well with the music and it's important for the plot
Ais - I'm glad you liked it! Thank you so much. *bows*
Nikki - wow... I loooove your novel comments. Sometimes I go back to read it again, but don't tell anyone I came up with this idea ages ago actually. Somewhere around the start of 5th season I guess. It was the scene where Sawyer starts to see Kate in the flashes. So I though... what if they could see themselves? This is how the Idea was born. Originally it supposed to be an ensemble video, but it is too hard to pull off. So I decided to go just with Kate. And this is what came of it And as always you got what I meant completely. It still amazes me.
We could make a collab series of it
And while we are at the memory lane, I remember when I first watched your video. It was "Did they hurt you?" and I watched it... watched it again... and then I just sat there, thinking... wow... I'll never do something this awesome.
So to sum up this ridiculously long anwser to a comment: I'm so soo happy you liked the video and I am more than happy that I have the pleasure of knowing you *hugs back*
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, Ali you're cute. Sometimes I go back and read the comments you've left me as well. but shhh its a secret too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU by aradnea Reply with quote

Simply AMAZING!!!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh that was freaky! LOVED it! . I loved how you had her talk to herself and then go and kiss Jack because of what she'd said. Amazing!

aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU by aradnea Reply with quote

Nikki #2 - thank you!
Emma - Kate can be very persuasive if she wants to... at least so she says Glad you liked. Thank you
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU by aradnea Reply with quote

Great video!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: If I could have it back - Kate/Jate AU by aradnea Reply with quote

This was so interesting! How clever and original this was. I enjoyed this so much. I like Ghost/Future Kate's reaction at the end. I LOVED IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: