Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Flashes Before Your Eyes" by Kastrato
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastrato
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: "Flashes Before Your Eyes" by Kastrato Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Flashes Before Your Eyes" 08-19-2010
August 2010 contest submission
Song: The Island by The Island OST
Vidder: Kastrato
Length: 3:41 (77MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhGsDQ7YCaU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhGsDQ7YCaU

grable24
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

REALLY well done... I love the coloring

I think this is your best vid yet.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

I loved the music you used in this video, it was very emotional and punctuated the story you were telling really well. I was surprised that with such a compact running time you managed to fit so much in. The voice over at the end about the leap of faith was amazing!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

GOSH!! at 1:11 when the music picks up a lil and the clips start falling into place..Just amazing....=)
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, definitely agree that this is your best vid yet. You did a great job. I love how you started with the end, with Jack and Christian talking and started the recap of the show at 1:11 after he said "how did you get here?" It was so nicely done! I also loved the song choice, it was so inspiring sounding and kinda hit me emotionally when I saw it with the recap of the seasons. lol I'm not sure why, it was just really powerful and kinda nostalgic. Fantastic job.

My only crit is that you had a lot of season 1-3, and even 6, but really really glossed over the 4th and 5th seasons in comparison. I know it's hard to pick what to put in there when making recaps, but there was barely anything about the freighter and it's characters, time travel or even living in the 70's, etc. They weren't my favorite storylines by any means, but I think they were relatively important to the show. There was also a lack of flashsideways stuff, though that could have been on purpose, I still think it was part of "how they got there".

I still give you a gold though because your editing and song/clip choices were amazing, I really enjoyed this one. Sometimes recaps can get a bit long and boring since you've seen all these clips already, but I wasn't bored at all with this one. In my faves on youtube.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

Great video! Loved the editing and beat use and it made me miss Lost so much.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

OMG!!! I used this SAME SONG for my contest vid!!! LMAO!!! I didn't know anybody had ever even heard of it! LOL! It's actually called "My Name is Lincoln". I've loved it *forever*, since they used it on the soundtrack to Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Great job on the video! Really well done!!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

Ooh, this was wonderful!! Lovely editing! I do agree with Sassy that it would have been good to fit a bit more of the important stuff in but you did well with the time you had and managed to fit a great deal in Brilliant job!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nicely done! I loved the audio clips you used, they really set the mood for the entire vid so nicely and the "leap of faith" one at the end was a fantastic emotional punch to end it with! I enjoyed it a lot!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

Nice recap, great vid. The audio worked really well.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

Great video, I loved the audio at the beginning
Loved your music choice the title of the song was very fitting lol.
I loved how the video took off from the "how are you hear" recaping how they all got to where they were
Great video and good luck in the contest
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was really awesome!!! I loved the bookending audio from Christian at the start and Eloise at the end. I agree with what Allie said below, seasons 4 and 5 were glossed over in comparison to the rest...there wasn't any real growth shown between those others characters in those times. Other than that, it was a really great ride! good luck!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

Oh wow, this was really terrific! I loved how you started with the clips in black and white and then on the island, the clips were all in color! Really nice clips choices and flow of the clips to the beats, very intense Lost like music! Awesome ending with the audio of Eloise, really nicely done! Good luck in the contest!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

aww this is really great! I loved the audio in the beginning, and how the coloring slowly appeared from black and white in the beginning, that was really pretty. Loved the ending!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Flashes Before Your Eyes by Kastrato Reply with quote

I adored your use of audio in this. I loved how you started off with the dialogue from the last moments of the show, and how after the "how are you here?", it picked up the pace and summarized the whole thing. I loved the audio you chose to end it on too. Brilliant!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: