Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Our Past Is The Future (Jason/Kate)" by Brooke

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: "Our Past Is The Future (Jason/Kate)" by Brooke Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Our Past Is The Future (Jason/Kate)" 07-02-2010
More info at Youtube
Song: The Cure by Prays For The Rain
Vidder: Brooke
Length: 3:19 (49.2MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3Y9L7h0bU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3Y9L7h0bU

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!! I've been hearing about this in spam for so long; im so glad its up:) and its really quite wonderful!

Technically, i thought it was pretty good, but there was some audio at the start, around 0:45-55, that was very close together and would have flowed better, IMO, if it were spaced out. And there were some edits where clips cut from two expressions of the same character really hard, like Kate at 0:51-0:53, that perhaps if you'd used a transition between them would have made them softer

I know the story from Spam but i think it got a little muddled in there as to what was a memory and what was present.

Having said that, many of the manips were fantastic. Like Jason smothering Wayne and him being arrested, him making her tea, Jason banging on the door while Kate was crying, and the rain manip was quite well done if a little messy with the cookie cuttered segment

I really enjoyed this Brooke and I hope so much that you continue vidding them!!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, I'm so glad to get to see this one at last! David Boreanaz made an awesome Jason! I particularly loved the scene where he killed Wayne (okay, so that sounds kinda wrong to say it like that but you know what I mean, lol! It was a fantastic manip! ). I'd definitely love to see more vids about them in the future. Yay for vidding your OC! ♥!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Yay!! I've been hearing about this in spam for so long; im so glad its up:) and its really quite wonderful!

Technically, i thought it was pretty good, but there was some audio at the start, around 0:45-55, that was very close together and would have flowed better, IMO, if it were spaced out. And there were some edits where clips cut from two expressions of the same character really hard, like Kate at 0:51-0:53, that perhaps if you'd used a transition between them would have made them softer

I know the story from Spam but i think it got a little muddled in there as to what was a memory and what was present.

Having said that, many of the manips were fantastic. Like Jason smothering Wayne and him being arrested, him making her tea, Jason banging on the door while Kate was crying, and the rain manip was quite well done if a little messy with the cookie cuttered segment

I really enjoyed this Brooke and I hope so much that you continue vidding them!!

Thank you. I feel the same way about the cookie cutter manips.

I put the 'future' into color and the past into the 'black and white', but realized that I should have shown that her with Kevin was later on into her life.

Thank you. I never knew Angel would have had so many great moments to use! I'm glad the smothering Wayne looked believable I was worried about that one.

Thank you!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Ooo, I'm so glad to get to see this one at last! David Boreanaz made an awesome Jason! I particularly loved the scene where he killed Wayne (okay, so that sounds kinda wrong to say it like that but you know what I mean, lol! It was a fantastic manip! ). I'd definitely love to see more vids about them in the future. Yay for vidding your OC! ♥!

Thank you! I think I am going to continue vidding them, I think they make a good looking couple.

LOL! I know what you mean, I was so happy when it looked 'good and believable' that he actually killed Wayne.

Thank you Ais!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Our Past Is The Future (Jason/Kate) by Brooke Reply with quote

It was great to get to see this, since I've heard so much about this OC! You definitely have me invested in him, and him and Kate-I'd love to see/read more of them!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Becca.

Glad everyone likes him

Yeah I hope to vid more with the two of them.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story!! I enjoyed this lots! You had some awesome manips in there like that sex scene! That was my fav! And the scene in the rain was heart breaking and really convincing along with when he killed Wayne. the only little bit of crit. I have is that I felt like the first half of the video was really rushed. Like all the clips were put together really fast and I wanted the story to slow down b/c it was such a good story! I hope you make a sequel to this b/c I'm really intrigued about what might happen next.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Cool story!! I enjoyed this lots! You had some awesome manips in there like that sex scene! That was my fav! And the scene in the rain was heart breaking and really convincing along with when he killed Wayne. the only little bit of crit. I have is that I felt like the first half of the video was really rushed. Like all the clips were put together really fast and I wanted the story to slow down b/c it was such a good story! I hope you make a sequel to this b/c I'm really intrigued about what might happen next.

Thanks Nikki I agree about the beginning. It was mostly because I didn't know how I wanted to start it out and rushed that.

I loved doing the manips. I used a lot of different Angel scenes for that sex scene. LOL.

Thank you.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Our Past Is The Future (Jason/Kate) by Brooke Reply with quote

Sorry it took me so long to comment, but great job, Brooke. I really liked this. The beginning did seem a bit rushed, but I got what you were trying to do and I enjoyed the scenes of them as kids that looked like home movies. All those Angel clips really came in handy and worked very well for a lot of manips, they were very convincing. One of the most creative and shocking ones was when he killed Wayne, I think it was because the audio worked so well because in Angel it was so personal and angry and it was supposed to be the same in this vid, so awesome job.

I'd love to see more vids with them, do you have any planned yet? Will JPC be on the island? That'd be something new and interesting since you've told their story up to when she's with Kevin. Gold from me.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Our Past Is The Future (Jason/Kate) by Brooke Reply with quote

3342 wrote:
Sorry it took me so long to comment, but great job, Brooke. I really liked this. The beginning did seem a bit rushed, but I got what you were trying to do and I enjoyed the scenes of them as kids that looked like home movies. All those Angel clips really came in handy and worked very well for a lot of manips, they were very convincing. One of the most creative and shocking ones was when he killed Wayne, I think it was because the audio worked so well because in Angel it was so personal and angry and it was supposed to be the same in this vid, so awesome job.

I'd love to see more vids with them, do you have any planned yet? Will JPC be on the island? That'd be something new and interesting since you've told their story up to when she's with Kevin. Gold from me.

Thanks and yeah it was rushed. I think I cared more about showing them then I did the beginning.

Yeah they really did come in handy I didn't think they were going to in the beginning. But I am glad that they did.

Yeah I think I will show more of them. I really like David/Evi and I think they'd make a good on-screen couple.

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: