Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am having issues with audio on Sony Vegas 9 Studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: I am having issues with audio on Sony Vegas 9 Studio Reply with quote

Sound cuts out (Even though there's sound there) and it's giving me a really odd echo sound of 'wind'. It's really annoying when I want to vid something especially because of the sound breaks.

Is there a way to fix this or could it just be my computer?

It started happening a few weeks ago, and it's getting worse and worse.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally have the sound act up in my Vegas Movie Studio 6 like that, though it gets a loud crackling static sound on it instead of a windy one. When I get one that does me that way, I switch to another program tab without closing Vegas (like hopping over to Firefox if I have it open), then come back to Vegas, which has it reload everything again. If the audio is okay again, then I render just the audio and import that into the project and use it instead of the original one. If it was just a weird codec conflict then that usually solves it.

Is it happening with every song, no matter the format (.mp3, .wma, etc.)? Or is it something that happens on occasion? Can you play the song in question all right through Media Player/iTunes/music player of your choice? If it's just a random song here and there, you can also try burning it to a CD then ripping that back onto the hard drive and using it for your project. Sometimes that'll solve the problem.

If it's just doing it on random songs, then it's probably just a codec issue. If it's doing it on every song or if you can't get the songs to play correctly in your music player of choice, then that's more serious and sounds like a sound card issue.

Have you changed or added in programs around the time when this started happening? If so, then something could've messed with a setting somewhere.

I hope you can find what's causing this! I know it's very annoying when you're trying to vid and the sound just suddenly stops working right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: