Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Five Seconds" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: "Five Seconds" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Five Seconds" 05-07-2010
AUish vidlet based on The Candidate. Credit to Kat for the vid pic!
Song: Scullys Theme by Mark Snow
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 1:30 (49 mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PYhOPHyyEQ

Sawyer's POV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pDJAkc3Q1M

Last edited by nikkimonique on Tue May 11, 2010 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw, nik that was so awesome! I totally agree with what you said on YT, i don't think I can wait to see what actually happens as a result of Kate being shot I really loved the scenes you chose because you managed to include just the four from the final scene of last week, keeping it very believable. I loved all of Kate's crying in agony and stuff, especially her saying 'i'm so afraid', and I loved the way Sawyer felt for Jack as opposed to getting angry or something You portrayed it really beautifully!! I loved it!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Thanks Kat! So happy you liked it! But I really really hope this doesn't happen next week

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol; me too!! Let's just keep this as an AU

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. That was so sad, Nikki! Poor Jack and Kate!

Great audio/manips as usual though.
Spoiler:

I can see Jack killing himself rather than living with the guilt of something like that and I loved how you had them find each other in the alt world at the end.

As tragic and beautiful as this story was, I agree that it should stay AU! I would cry if this happened on Lost! And have to write a lot of fluffy fan fics as therapy!

Edit: How convenient is it that those four are the same four who were in the hatch after Ana and Libby got shot?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know and the same four when the Marshall dies too! Good thing or else i wouldn't have been able to make it so convincing. But yeah if this really happens I will cry so hard, not just for Jate but for Kate b/c she's been my number 1 favorite since day 1! It can't happen!!

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll cry for Kate and I'll cry for Jack! (And Kate because she's my second favourite but more than anything I hate seeing Jack in pain. He broke my heart in the flashforwards! )

We're so spoiled though because we love the safest characters! There was never any doubt that they would make it to the finale!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true I really wanted to have her say I love you to him in that end scene and actually had it in there but it didn't sound desperate enough and so just sounded badly manipped so I took it out.

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should have said it on the beach! That would have been perfect! I'm still holding out hope that we get a proper ILY (no more of this offscreen business) from her to Jack before the end of the show. Maybe in the finale.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Five Seconds by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I thought this was just fantastic. I really loved the way you edited everything, especially their 'greatest moments' together. It was so beautifully done, and so heartbreaking. Great job!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was such a fantastic, angsty AU! Great work with the manips, very smooth and believable! Really, really nicely done!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke, thanks and hehe at your icon! I couldn't decide which moments to include for their flashes so I just chose my very favorites!

Ais, Thanks! I wanted to include a little more Skate....like have him have a little moment with her before she died but I couldn't figure out how to do that and keep it flowing. I hope that if she does die he will get some time with her and call her Freckles one last time!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, this was absolutely gorgeously heart string pulling!! I loved the song choice, it was very eery, mystical and lovely. I loved your clip choices too, especially of Jack with Kate in the hatch, really awesomely done!! I loved how you pieced together the scenes of Jack in the hatch with Kate lying down after being shot, very creative and well put together. The ending looked beautiful with the glowy clips of them, lovely editing! Beautiful work Nikki!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kate! I always look fwd to your comments!!

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Five Seconds by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Ooo! I almost forgot to come here and vote! Anyway, you did an AMAZING job on this, Nikki! I love Scully's theme and it worked *really* well with this story, I thought. This was so angsty and emotional... I loved it!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: