Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"This place is a Prison" by MariaPurt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: "This place is a Prison" by MariaPurt Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"This place is a Prison" 11-18-2009
Juliets child dies of a canser and shes not sure she can survive this.
Song: This place is a Prison by ---
Vidder: MariaPurt
Length: 1:45 (35 mb avi)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4uHVraRQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4uHVraRQI

FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: This place is a Prison by MariaPurt Reply with quote

Very good! Excellent beat use and the overall feel was so dark. Great work. I liked the Buffy tombstone in there... Great AU, excellent lyric interpretation. Gold from me.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: This place is a Prison by MariaPurt Reply with quote

I LOVE this!!! Amazing job!! Really, really cool! Everything was perfect. Nothing to even say! Great!!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: This place is a Prison by MariaPurt Reply with quote

I LOVE this!!! Amazing job!! Really, really cool! Everything was perfect. Nothing to even say! Great!!
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: This place is a Prison by MariaPurt Reply with quote

This was a really nice looking vid -- the butterfly effect was particularly cool -- but to be honest, I had no idea what was happening. I could sort of see it from what you wrote in the summary, but only as far as Juliet being haunted by something to do with a baby. I would have liked to see more in the way of storytelling -- Rachel's cancer was mentioned a few times in Juliet's flashbacks, so surely there were some soundbites you could use? It would have been perfect if it was a canon vid -- technically it was great -- but since it's AU, the story needs to be given a high priority. I hope you don't mind me pointing that out, but you do always say you value criticism.

Last edited by Athena Alexandria on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always love your colouring, i struggling with getting black and white contrast to look good but you make it look effortless That butterfly effect was beautiful ;P I agree with Sam about the story, it did seem more canon-ish because it seemed just like Juliet was haunted but there was no real emphasis that it was her child. I did understand that the bub was sick tho; i loved those overlays of the x-ray. with your colouring it looked particularly beautiful ;P The ending was great too, nice use of those House scenes I always laugh when i watch that ep cos Liz's hair is so short lol

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: This place is a Prison by MariaPurt Reply with quote

Awesome video! I liked your overlays and beatuse. Great story too awesome work
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: This place is a Prison by MariaPurt Reply with quote

Beautiful effects! Nice work.
MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your reviews! I see your point regarding the storyline - i just tried to keep it tech perfect (as good as i'm capable of) But i will try making a more plotful vid soon ;D
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome beat use and great effects!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: This place is a Prison by MariaPurt Reply with quote

Very cool! Great storyline, awesome editing, and I loved your coloring and the texture!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: