Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Breakeven" by eleprue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleprue
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: "Breakeven" by eleprue Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Breakeven" 03-16-2010
This is my fifteenth video. I edited it with Kdenlive on Linux Ubuntu. I hope you like it. Comments are appreciated. ^_____^
Song: Breakeven by The Script
Vidder: eleprue
Length: 4:21 (66.7 MB AVI)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtNpC-lIzso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtNpC-lIzso

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First comment! Not a Jater or a Skater here, so I can't really comment on that angle except to say that the video did not feel overly shippy or saccharine to me (and I have a low tolerance for really maudlin and overly cutesy shipper vids, so you were fine on that front.)

I liked the oversaturated look to a lot of the scenes. The pace of the clips is good too--this is a middle-speed song, and clips being too fast would have killed it.

Word of advice: Try to stay away from talking clips. I end up trying to lip-read, and that distracts my attention from the connection between the song and the clip that's contained within the line of the song. Try to look for when the character looks interesting, as opposed to saying something interesting--and few people look interesting when they talk.

Overall, though, well done!
eleprue
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Jack & Kate - Breakeven (The Script) by eleprue Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your comment and your advice!
In my head, this video was a little bit different, but Kdenlive had some problems and I was going crazy, so I decided to finish it before changing my mind! XD The crashes didn't help me a lot! I had to replace some scenes with some others.
Anyway, knowing how I finished it, I can absolutely say it's okay for me!
Thanks a lot again for commenting and voting! ^___^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: