Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WMM "pro", Sony Vegas noobie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phanna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: WMM "pro", Sony Vegas noobie Reply with quote

This isn't a technical question, so much as a strategic one.

So long story short I have almost 3,000 subscribers on youtube and have been well-versed in windows movie maker. But I got Sony Vegas for Christmas, and I'm learning a lot about it, uploading clips and just toying with the various built-in tutorials, modifying elements to see the effect, watching youtube tutorials, etc.

The biggest problem I'm encountering as I try to get my feet in Sony Vegas, is that in Windows Movie Maker I would take my hours-long recorded clips of video games, cut out 5-20 second portions I liked from each given video, and store all these hundreds of clips in the built-in folder hierarchy, making new folders for type (eg funny, skilled, etc), moving clips here or there, storing them like finished movie files on a computer. Then when it came time to make my movie, I would navigate the clips, add them to the timeline as I pleased, edit, and produce.

Is there any equivalent to the above in Sony Vegas, or how would anyone suggest I get the same end result? I really don't want to export each 5-20 second video clip to an actual file and then play with those, nor do I want to drag the massive hours-long videos on and slice out only the parts I liked, trying to shuffle-organize hundreds of clips on the timeline all at once. Any suggestions or insights are very much appreciated.

Thank you so much!
youtube.com/dphanna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: