Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Feel good about it (Ensemble)" by Jo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: "Feel good about it (Ensemble)" by Jo Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Feel good about it (Ensemble)" 03-05-2010
February 2010 contest submission. Stranded on a (not so) deserted island? Stop complaining - feel good about it! (And watch in HD).
Song: Feel good about it by Marching Band
Vidder: Jo
Length: 2:43 (107MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPaqodWgUE
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SH7LMQFR

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

Jo, this was extraordinary, I absolutely am in love with this video. I felt levitated throughout the entire video! It was so bright, happy, flowy and just wonderful! Your creativity was just overflowing in this! I adore your videos, they are always amazing and adorable and inventive! The song choice was soooo perfect, and the clip choices were all great The ending with the faces over the sun and the moon, was absolutely stunning, oh my word! Good luck in the contest!
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

Your editing skills are really remarkable and creative. I wish I had your talent.
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was fantasic...your editing is always so amazing and i am so inspiring..just WOW...i love when Hurley and Charlie at 1:00 are looking out and see the sun!! and then when Jack is looking at what i think is "kate's mugshot" but it was the kate/sawyer cage scene (or it went into it) very clever...then the sun (and everyone in the sun) and the rainbow and then the moon and dark sky!! ahhhh...such awesome clip choices throughout!! amazing job, i'm impressed! gold for sure
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

Jinlovessunxx wrote:
Jo, this was extraordinary, I absolutely am in love with this video. I felt levitated throughout the entire video! It was so bright, happy, flowy and just wonderful! Your creativity was just overflowing in this! I adore your videos, they are always amazing and adorable and inventive! The song choice was soooo perfect, and the clip choices were all great The ending with the faces over the sun and the moon, was absolutely stunning, oh my word! Good luck in the contest!

Thank you! The sun and moon bits are my favs, too. I really like the bit where the two shooting stars cross. I fiddled around so long in vegas before I figured out how to add the "tails" to my stars, haha.

I love your avatar, btw! So pretty!

DJC Productions wrote:
Your editing skills are really remarkable and creative. I wish I had your talent.

Thanks! Though it's not so much talent as ill-timed madness. It'll start with "Wouldn't it be cool if..." and then the vidding part of my brain won't shut up until I figure out a way to do it (like the animation parts in this vid, for example). Fun though!

klost004 wrote:
this was fantasic...your editing is always so amazing and i am so inspiring..just WOW...i love when Hurley and Charlie at 1:00 are looking out and see the sun!! and then when Jack is looking at what i think is "kate's mugshot" but it was the kate/sawyer cage scene (or it went into it) very clever...then the sun (and everyone in the sun) and the rainbow and then the moon and dark sky!! ahhhh...such awesome clip choices throughout!! amazing job, i'm impressed! gold for sure

Thanks a million! I really appreciate it!
Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant vid! The animation was so inspired and innovative. Just amazing. Good luck in the contest
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

Zomg, animation combined with the actual clips in a music video = genious! I can't stop watching this. You have such talent in so many ways! The sun poking up at random places, the fast-paced bea-use, and moon and stars with the clips IN the moon were all so amazingly entertaining to watch. I'm deffinitly going to pass this video along to my friends and family. Best of luck in the contest and gold to you
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

Greatest Lost video ever made. Period. And I do not say that lightly.

Great song choice, wonderful clip choices, outstanding editing... and I cannot even fathom how you did the animation. The animation was absolutely BRILLIANT! It was soft and cute and went very well with the feel of the video. The animation blended so seamlessly with the *feel* of the video (both in look and sound) that it didn't come across as blatant or showy... it's just perfect. Perfect and brilliant, and as Dennis said, I wish I had your talent!!! Great job, Jo! Keep up the amazing work! I'm going to go share this with every Lost fan I know!!!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamielost wrote:
Brilliant vid! The animation was so inspired and innovative. Just amazing. Good luck in the contest

Thanks! Really glad you liked it!

blackwolf1480 wrote:
Zomg, animation combined with the actual clips in a music video = genious! I can't stop watching this. You have such talent in so many ways! The sun poking up at random places, the fast-paced bea-use, and moon and stars with the clips IN the moon were all so amazingly entertaining to watch. I'm deffinitly going to pass this video along to my friends and family. Best of luck in the contest and gold to you

Thank you! So happy you caught the blink-and-you'll-miss-em suns!

eloramoon wrote:
Greatest Lost video ever made. Period. And I do not say that lightly.

Great song choice, wonderful clip choices, outstanding editing... and I cannot even fathom how you did the animation. The animation was absolutely BRILLIANT! It was soft and cute and went very well with the feel of the video. The animation blended so seamlessly with the *feel* of the video (both in look and sound) that it didn't come across as blatant or showy... it's just perfect. Perfect and brilliant, and as Dennis said, I wish I had your talent!!! Great job, Jo! Keep up the amazing work! I'm going to go share this with every Lost fan I know!!!

Thank you so much! I'm thrilled you liked the animation. I did the bases in Adobe, then made them move using the pancrop tool in vegas, and it did take a good deal of keyframes and whatnot. I was somewhat hindered by my complete inability to draw (so obviously it made perfect sense for my brain to decide this vid was going to have animations in it! ), but I think my clouds turned out all right, at least.

Got my little South Park style losties from here, btw, then chopped Jack's up in Adobe so I could make his arms and mouth move.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

WOW. Love the animations - you made them?? They were awesome! Definitely made the vid stand out even more! Your beat use was incredible. And clip choices were perfect! Gah, the end was just so wonderful with Eko and Yemi walking away as kids. Love it!! Lovely work!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
WOW. Love the animations - you made them?? They were awesome! Definitely made the vid stand out even more! Your beat use was incredible. And clip choices were perfect! Gah, the end was just so wonderful with Eko and Yemi walking away as kids. Love it!! Lovely work!

Thank you! Yup, the animations are by me. I made the South Park looking ones through a create-a-character site, and then made some changes to them in Adobe, and chopped 'em up so I could make them move in vegas. The rest I drew by hand, except for the starry sky, where I used a random pic for a base, then added twinkling stars and things. The hardest thing was actually getting the sun and moon to move in a proper orbit. Lots of sighing went on during that part.

The Ako/Yemi clip is probably my favourite Lost moment ever.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*jaw drop* That was just amazing! The animations are so perfect; they not only look fantastic but they go along with the feel of the song so well! *applause, applause*

The vid itself was wonderful as well, with great clip choices (LOVED the little popping-up suns sprinkled throughout! \o/ ) and such a happy vibe! Utterly spectacular work! I adored it!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol; awesome vid pic Jo

This was SOOOO epic!! i loved the little stuff at the start; it was so cute; with the foot and the plane crash, then the South Park losties!! and Jack seeing the skate picture!! lmao that was so cute and clever Such an original way of making a vid well done hun! good luck in the comp

Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
*jaw drop* That was just amazing! The animations are so perfect; they not only look fantastic but they go along with the feel of the song so well! *applause, applause*

The vid itself was wonderful as well, with great clip choices (LOVED the little popping-up suns sprinkled throughout! \o/ ) and such a happy vibe! Utterly spectacular work! I adored it!

Thank you!

littleton_pace wrote:
lol; awesome vid pic Jo

This was SOOOO epic!! i loved the little stuff at the start; it was so cute; with the foot and the plane crash, then the South Park losties!! and Jack seeing the skate picture!! lmao that was so cute and clever Such an original way of making a vid well done hun! good luck in the comp

Thanks! The vid pic is the best part, haha!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Feel good about it (Ensemble) by Jo Reply with quote

Oh! Holy mackerels!!! That was SO BEYOND AWESOME!!!! Just EPIC!!! First off, I'm so amazed that you did those animations they were just superb, you're uber talented!!! The little Sawyer and Kate kiss one made me "Awwwwww!!" aloud, seriously cute! Your editing in this was utterly impeccable, I don't know what else to say, but you just know how to grip the viewer and my eyes never want to leave the screen. I could watch this over and over again! Simply incredible work. Your vids are just so awe-inspiring and you're really such a great example to me as a vidder. Your work is just sooo creative, individual and perfectly executed, it inspires me to one day improve my skills to create vids that have at least a fraction of the power on the viewer as yours do. Utterly amazing work!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: