Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"How To Disappear Completely // The Constant" by F

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: "How To Disappear Completely // The Constant" by F Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"How To Disappear Completely // The Constant" 10-02-2009
September 2009 Contest Submission.
Song: How To Disappear Completely by Radiohead
Vidder: FaradayLinus
Length: 4:02 (61.2MB MP4)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBU4uEjfOJ0

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh; Saben this was very very cool! the contrast on the colouring was very nice and looked so awesome with those army scenes. and the saturation on the other clips was also very cool. There were some jarring bits in there that I think you were using as Des's flashes back and forth but they kinda looked off with this song behind them. And the audio at the end was a little quiet to hear. Excellent recap of the episode tho; one of my faves gold from me; good luck in the comp

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

That was absolutely Brilliant. Your editing was told the story very well and was very visual. So beautiful. I loved your use of slow-mo and jump cuts. Also that part when Desmond said "I'm not here/this isn't happening" to match with the lyrics was chilling. Inspired! My new favorite in this amazing contest!
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! LOVE THIS!! This is probably became one of my fave vids! The song choice was perfect for this and really set the mood for the video. You told the story so well and the voiceovers were spot on! Good luck in the contest! Gold from me!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

Love the coloring! Was there the voiceover at the beginning? Around 0:19 or so? I think it'd be better louder ;D Generally, the emotional part was totally awesome - love it.
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

This was fantasic!!! Like absolutely outstanding episode recap! WOW! Your coloring was awesome throughout the entire video, and you showed every important part of this episode and made it look unique. I got a huge sense of emotion and a chilling feeling too which is very very good. Yay for Radiohead too! I LOVE them! The song was absolutely perfect, "How to disapear completely" that's exactly what happened, Desmond's spirit switched and disapeared to another time. Your editing was marvelous Awesome audio choices as well, I followed the story of this episode very well! Amazing, good luck in the contest!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic song choice, that just fit Desmond's story so perfectly! The unique saturated/desaturated effect worked really well for this as well, really conveying that sort of feeling of Des going back and forth between the past and the present and not really being fully part of either. Nicely done, I enjoyed it! ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

Great video! I LOVE the coloring, that looked so cool & different. A difficult epy to vid and you did it very well.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

This was wonderful! Loved how creative you got with the editing, and coloring was beautiful! This is one of my favorite eppys so i was very excited to watch this! You did such a great job with this, i can't get enough if it!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

Wow! I loved the Sin City-ish effects you used, with the black & white with color spotting! Your storytelling for the episode was spot on and very wonderfully and creatively done! Excellent job and good luck!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

Superb editing! It looks professional, really. Great job!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: How To Disappear Completely // The Constant by FaradayLinus Reply with quote

Oh wow....that was bloody brilliant! I absolutely loved it. Your editing was wonderful - I totally dug all the quick jerky cuts, I think it worked well in juxtaposition with the kind of slow, dreamy feel of the song. And the coloring was beautiful too. Great job and I hope you kick butt in this contest!!
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kat-thanx, yea the audio was low in parts, i wanted to render it again but had no time since i was on the deadline lol

IamSoLostRightNow-thanx! the moment i saw the constant i always thought of this song, it is so funny how des says part of the lyrics lol so knew i had to use it

debbie- thanx! im glad you thought voiceovers were good because some i wasnt sure of, if theyd fit right

maria- yea there was audio there, i think the part with the army man saying "on your sodding feet," i wanted to turn up the audio and re-render but had no time. i will definitely not wait so late to do the contest vid again lol

jinlovessunxx- thank you! im glad you liked the colouring. i think the chilling feeling came from the song cause i think its soo epic. Radiohead are my fav band lol

aislynn-im glad you liked the colouring as well, and thought the song choice fit. thank you!

heather-im glad you think i did it well. thanx. happy you liked the look of the vid

morgan-thank you! its one of my fav eps too. it was fun to vid

xXAngelicEvilXx-thanx! im glad you think so

nightdancer342-thank you! im surprised you think it looked professional lol but thanx

abby-im glad you liked the quick cuts, wasnt sure how theyd come across. happy you liked it tho. thanx!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: