Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with texture overlays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Help with texture overlays Reply with quote

Hi, I need help with an overlay I don't think I do them correctly.

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9. I used to use multiply (mask) But it just looks so dark and doesn't really mesh/blend well with the clip it's going over.

Thank you.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, there's really not much of a way to be able to use a texture properly in Movie Studio because none of the versions have the advanced settings for the compositing track. Like you've seen, we only get Multiply and that's almost always SO dark that you can't see anything through it, ugh! I wish they'd give us at least a few other options so we'd have a fighting chance at being able to come up with some of the cool visuals you can have with a texture!

If anybody knows any way around that, I hope they let you know 'cause I want to know about it, too! But it's not something you're doing wrong, Movie Studio just doesn't have the proper compositing settings for us to do textures very well, I'm afraid.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know. I've always thought it was something I did wrong. But yes that masking for Vegas Movie Studio stinks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: