Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Day Before The Day" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: "The Day Before The Day" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Day Before The Day" 02-14-2010
Juliets death makes Kate realize that she needs to reconcile with Jack. Dedicated to Kat and Stacey. Credit to Kat for the vid pic.
Song: The Day Before The Day by Dido
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 3:21 (70mb mov)

[b]Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPdDIsGiQFI
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu5num42isooud5/The%20Day%20Before%20The%20Day.wmv

Last edited by nikkimonique on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, nik!! thanks for the dedication!!

I loved this; it was so bittersweet. the scene where kate watched Juliet die was so heartbreaking And Jules being pregnant!! thats so what I thought she was going to say to Sawyer in the hatch. so many great manipped scenes, like kate digging the grave and Sawyer and Kate arriving at The Temple Beautiful work hun!!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat! Glad you liked it and yeah I've thought Juliet was pregnant ever since she touched her stomach like that in the finale. Guess we will never know. Or maybe we will!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: The Day Before The Day by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I know I commented on youtube but I am going to comment here too. I enjoyed it. I agree with Kat, it was so bittersweet. The maniped scenes were done so well. I enjoyed it. Juliet being pregnant was really nice touch, especially Kate knowing about it. And I loved the laughing scenes you chose from the bloopers. They worked really well in this.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww I didn't get the youtube comment! Ugh stupid youtube eats my comments a lot too. Thanks for commenting here!

supermander11
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: The Day Before The Day by nikkimonique Reply with quote

That was so great but so sad. I really liked the way you did the Kate/Juliet friendship and Kate knowing about her pregnancy. It was also cool how you connected the Suliet scenes to the Jate scenes. Awesome job! I miss Juliet so much
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki!!! OMG!! I am so in love with this! Thanks so so much for the dedication. I love you too!!! Oh just that thought that Jules was pregnant (which I too have always had that feeling) brings tears to my eyes. I loved everything from the song choice (such a haunting selection, but Dido always has that feeling for me) to the manips (I loved how you had Kate there with Juliet and Sawyer, as Jules was dying) It was great! I loved the Jate/Suliet connections, it was beautiful. And the bloopers! OMG, I was either in tears cause I was giggling (with Liz and that laugh ) or because of those sad scenes. *hugs* Thank you so much hun!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: The Day Before The Day by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wow that was awesome i really liked it, lovley song choice, I loved the use of the bloopers, and great manips, amazing job
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will, Thanks! I know, I miss Juliet too! Her and Kate were my favs! Can't believe she is gone!

Stacey, Yay! I'm so happy you liked it so much! And I know, Dido's songs are so haunting. I don't listen to her much b/c she makes me feel depressed. But I had this song saved for a long time and knew I'd use it for something one day and finally found the right story for it.

EMMALOUISE, Thanks! Glad you liked the bloopers!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!! A new Nikki vid!!! *dances*
This was really awesome!!!!!! OMG Dido <3 She's been one of my faves forever now, her voice is so lovely, and I agree very haunting! The song choice was really perfect, having her soft voice sing the lyrics that matched your story really well was awesome. Perfect audio and clip choices to make your story believeable, and you used the lyrics perfectly too! I especially liked how you used the lyrics "babies will be born", you showed Juliet having her hand on her stomach and then the pregnancy test! Also, I liked "lived my life without regret" you had Kate with the lighter and slapping Jack! I loved the audio you used of Kate talking to Sawyer "You're not alone, we are all here for you." Again, the clip choices were just so awesome, especially your use of bloopers of Juliet/Kate!! The ending was so emotional, with the clip comparisons of Juliet/Sawyer together and Jack/Kate together, showing that Kate needed to be with Jack now that Juliet had died. Nikki, this was excellent, your creativity never stops booming, I love it!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww! Thanks Kate! You named all my favorite parts!! And you got exactly what I was trying to say at the end with Kate and Jack. YAY!

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: The Day Before The Day by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Nikki this was AMAZING. The manips, the audio manips, the story, the storytelling-absolute perfection. I love how you portrayed Juliet and Kate's relationship as well, and the "we are all here for you" fit so perfectly. The pregnancy as what Juliet had to tell Sawyer was also perfect.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Becca!

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: The Day Before The Day by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Lovely vid, Nikki! I like how you mixed the the Jate & Suliet scenes together.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Heather.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: