Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Something Missing" by Kuliet4ever
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: "Something Missing" by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Something Missing" 07-18-2009
July 2009 contest submission Full discription on YT
Song: Here Without You and A Sorta Fairytale by Vitamin String Quartet
Vidder: Kuliet4ever
Length: 5:00 (17.75 WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjZs7Vaqz1U
http://www.mediafire.com/?qxmej0mmhlm

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know my opinion. Astonishing! Good Luck in the contest! Gold from me!
                                 
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for both of your comments!! You're awesome!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Sweet video!! I loved all the endings and also like how you kept little clips of what happened before with the clips of what happened after. Nice ending with the text as well! Good luck!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool ending. I really liked the message at the end. What's happiness without a little misery to go along right? haha maybe thats true love.
Think that was my fav. part of the vid...that and the Jack and Ana hook up. Haha I just watched SWAT.

I'm not sure ( and this just my opinion) if I liked the constant video overlays. I think I would have liked it if you had either done a split screen or just switched back and forth to the scenes. That way I could have clearly seen it and gotten the full effect. But...great job anyway and good luck!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dear - I wanted to say that I really enjoyed this!! I loved the music and I think you did a wonderful job crafting what happened after the bomb went off.

I enjoyed the overlays too, but I think they would have worked a lot better and been more effective if you had done some coloring or brightened them up a bit. Sometimes they were too dark, so you couldn't see what they were, and sometimes they didn't go over the scene very well. Like Nikki said - I think a split screen or cookie cutter would have helped counteract this...

That's my only criticism though. Overall, I loved the video and the message at the end was great!! Good luck with the contest dear!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

that was really good but let me clear something up; Jack/Ana, Kate/Marshal(forgot his name), Sawyer/Cassidy? The overlays got a little annoying after a while, but the songs you used and the scenes were perfect, best of luck in the contest
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

This was really cool Stacey! I love how you used the overlays over the bits with the audio, although it was tricky making out some of the scenes, like Nikki and Abby said, maybe some split screens or brightening up might have made it a little easier. I really loved the bit near the end with Sawyer going back to Cassidy and Clementine and her "Daddy" awwww so cute! And that writing at the end was perfect! Wonderful vid and good luck in the contest hun!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Really great job Stace! My favorite part was the creative pairings you came up with at the end. And I loved Clementine's Daddy!

I agree with the others-the overlays, while a very cool idea, were very hard to see sometimes. A split screen or going back and forth between the two might have worked better.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Stace, I thought that was fantastic!!!

I know people feel that the overlays were hard to see, and I could be wrong, but my interpretation is that we weren't supposed to see the overlays all that well... I took them to be sort of the "ghost of what would have been" (had 815 crashed afterall)... just sort of a faded but lingering presence of this other life they would have had. That said, I don't think split screens or different opacity would have gotten that across. I think it worked perfectly the way you did it, if I'm right about the "ghost of what would have been" thing.

I also think that the choice of music was completely awesome! It fit the mood *perfectly*!!! Great job and good luck in the contest!!!

LOVED IT!!! ♥♥♥
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Great vid, Stacey! Love how it ends.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was cool stace! loved the start with the overlays paired with the jate/suliet audio. and juliet echoing her mother's words. loved the jules/rachel stuff too, and pairing kate in the shop with the memory of her their with aaron was great too. and Jana, with ana all bad-ass cop! very cool to see the different storylines and how they'll play out. Love that you dealt with the sawyer/cassidy/clementine storyline too. good luck in the comp!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Aww, this was quite lovely Stacey!!! The music was so gorgeous and sweet!! Your clip use was fabulous, all of your overlays were awesome! You showed a lot of story in your vid, showing details and thoughts of the characters wonderfully Good luck in the contest!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Something Missing by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

*steals Julia's words* *gives Julia a cookie in payment*

eloramoon wrote:
I know people feel that the overlays were hard to see, and I could be wrong, but my interpretation is that we weren't supposed to see the overlays all that well... I took them to be sort of the "ghost of what would have been" (had 815 crashed afterall)... just sort of a faded but lingering presence of this other life they would have had. That said, I don't think split screens or different opacity would have gotten that across. I think it worked perfectly the way you did it, if I'm right about the "ghost of what would have been" thing.

That was the way that the overlays struck me as well, like a ghostly sort of echo lingering where they weren't supposed to be anymore. It did occasionally make a scenes here or there a little difficult to make out (though no more than some textures do, in all honesty ). I think it was a bold artistic choice and it worked well for the feel of the vid!

I absolutely loved Jack/Ana here (I was definitely a Jana supporter before Jacket came along ), I couldn't help but *squee* through that whole part! And even though I don't tend to ship Sawyer/Cassidy that much, I thought it made for a sweet future story for them to be a family together with Clementine! Great work, I enjoyed it a lot! ♥!
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that it took so long to get back to you all! Thanks so much for commenting on it, it really was a labor of love.

xXAngelicEvilXx- Thanks so much for your comment, glad that you liked it.

Nikki- Thanks Nik...The more and more I thought about this vid the more and more I loved the concept of Jana. Ana was definately a soul that Jack could have tried to fix.

Abby- Thanks so much hun! Im so glad you liked it!

loudpaw- Thanks so much for your comment. Yep...Im a big lover of AU pairings so this was really fun. With Jana and Kate and the Marshal, they definitely gave it an AU kick. Thanks again!

Emma- Thanks so much for commenting Em! Glad that you loved the Clementine "Daddy"...big thanks to Kat for that.

Becca- Thanks so much Bec! I loved doing the AU pairings for this one...my fave is actually Kate and the Marshal.

Julia- I love you, I love you, I love you! (Not that I dont love all you others, cause you know that I do ) But yeah thats actually exactly what I was going for with this vid. The before the bomb overlays were memories and the after the bomb werent really there but lingering reminders of the what would have beens. And not really reminders for them, but for us, but the main thing was what was happening in the forefront. You my dear were dead on about it! Thanks so much for your comment!

Heather- Thanks so much for your comment!!

Kat- Thanks hun! Im so glad that you liked the overlay paired w/the audio. Of the before the bomb parts big surprise that my favorite involves Juliet. Its when you see Juliet echoing her mother. I LOVED showing Ana as a tough cop! Thanks again hun!

Kate- Thanks so much for your comment Kate, I was trying to get alot in there...this vid turned out being my longest vid at exactly 5 minutes. Thanks again.

Ais- Thanks so much...even though your words are paid with cookies. Yep you two were right on...after seeing the vid again, I do agree that I might have lightened them up a bit, but I was afraid to get them "too" visible. SO glad that you and everyone loved the Jana...makes me want to try and vid them. I also loved giving them all someone to come home to. Only one not to have a lover is Juliet of course, but I was taking from an interview that I saw with Liz where she said that she would love to see Juliet back with her sister. So ta-da. Thanks again so much to you and everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: