Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Im a Fake -Kate" by Debbie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: "Im a Fake -Kate" by Debbie Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Im a Fake -Kate" 07-15-2009
Kate centric video
Song: Im a Fake by The Used
Vidder: Debbie
Length: 2.09 (21.6 MB MPG)

Link(s): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9vblo_kate-austen-im-a-fake_shortfilms
http://www.zshare.net/video/62685972dd369c01/

Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback anyone?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a hard time getting into this video b/c I didn't like the song...but that being said I think your editing was good. The video flowed well for the most part with the song and I really liked your use of lyrical text from the song. I had a hard time hearing some of the voice overs in the beginning but then the voice overs seemed to get louder so that was good. But other than that I thought you did a great job!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Nikki on the song choice, it wasn't terrible though. I liked the chorus alright. Definitely good for Kate. I liked your beat use, scene selection. I loved the use of text, very good. Again, great timing... I liked the texture of it... good.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, i apreciate it!

I was slightly unsure whether to go ahead with the video because of the song it was, but I can't listen to that song without thinking about Kate!

other than the song, any other pointers/suggestions?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked it. i didnt mind the song because a good video should get ppl to watch regardless of their familiarity with the song. i thought it completely fit kate. the textures were cool since they matched the mood of the song, and i liked how you had some key lyrics up. the only thing i didnt like was that the first one or two voiceovers were almost drowned out by the song but other than that nice job
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Yeah I need to watch the voice over parts from now on, sometimes when I'm playing it back I forget that I know what it's going to say, others won't know to expect it!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked it, its different, its good to have variety

-- by maj --
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I know alot of the styles of songs used are kinda same-ish so I like trying to work with music that isn't commonly used
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Im a Fake -Kate by Debbie Reply with quote

I thought this was a pretty good video, especially given that you're a beginner and this is only your second video. I've been vidding on Vegas for about 15 months, and I don't know that I've even developed the skills to do a lot of what you've done here. So, kudos to you!

I see what everyone's saying about the song choice... the screamy-ness of it in parts was a little distracting, but the concept of the song worked really well with Kate, and I also think that the contrast between the screamy-ness and the softer sung parts is also kind of fitting for Kate. I think it helped that it was a pretty short song. I think if it had been 4 or 5 minutes, I couldn't have made it through. But, in the end, when a song strikes you and there's a vid in your head waiting to get out, sometimes you just have to go for it despite what anyone else thinks. My first and third video were both really unconventional songs, and people didn't really like them but I wouldn't go back and do it over with different songs. So, I'm glad you went ahead with this anyway.

The editing was pretty good, I think, and the text was a really cool touch. You didn't over do it, but it was enough that it didn't seem random. I really liked that. I also thought the texture and coloring were really good. Most of all, your clips weren't just random clips... they told a story that went along with the song, and you summed it up nicely at the end with her holding the lighter. I honestly thought you did a great job, and you got Gold from me.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Im a Fake -Kate by Debbie Reply with quote

Thanks so much I'm glad you liked it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: