Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Bicycle Tricycle" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: "Bicycle Tricycle" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Bicycle Tricycle" 09-01-2008
Slightly AUish Kate vid about all the men she has had to turn her back on. Special thanks to Emma for the pretty vid pic and Kat for some much needed clips!
Song: Bicycle Tricycle by Rosie Thomas
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 5:45 (89mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bknTh_SCCrI
http://www.zshare.net/video/180166637235e4aa/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Bicycle Tricycle by nikkimonique Reply with quote

OMGOSH Nikki! I loved it! That was SO sad and moving it gave me chills and made me well up Beautifully done, and your beat use rocked I especially liked the "I will never be good" bits and all the young Kate stuff worked so well, ooh and the ending too! Awesome stuffs! *goes to watch again*
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Emma! I'm glad to hear you thought it was emotional enough to bring tears! That is always such a great compliment and yay! Thanks for mentioning my beat use...I never think I'm any good at beat use so it means a lot for you to say that! *HUGS* and thanks again for my beautiful vid pic!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eleprue
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, you made me cry!
I love it! ^_^
You chose the perfect clips for this song!
Amazing job... that's all I can say!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh gorgeous nikki! i loved it i loved the audio at the end. was that at the end of the song or did you add that? the 'are you a good girl? all the time?' i also loved how you repeated the audio "that I would never be good' at the start and at the end; as the phrase has meaning in both phases of her life.

loved the young kate clips as well, and the sixth sense scene was gorgeous!!! it fit so well.

have to say; i only quickly scanned the summary and saw R and Thomas as the singer and thought it was Rob Thomas. : so for about two minutes i was like. when's rob gonna come in...then checked it again :S

wonderful job!! i didn't realize how enraptured i was in it until the end

edit:

btw; if it weren't for the lack of Sarah song and the use of non-Lost clips; than this would be almost perfect for the contest, lol probably a little too shippy with the use of tom and kevin and jack and sawyer and stuff; but hey; it aint for the comp, is it?

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ele, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the clips I choose.

Kat, Wow, thanks for your amazing comment and i'm LOLing about the "Rob Thomas"part... Oh and no I didn't add in the audio at the end about being a good girl....it was in the song...too perfect right? I love Rosie Thomas! She has such great songs for vidding.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im discovering that nikki! im listening to her stuff on itunes and i just love it

Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Bicycle Tricycle by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wonderful Kate character study, Nikki! I just loved everything about this vid! The song and clip choice were great, and all the voice overs worked really well, specially the "I'll never be good" part! The ending was soooo good... and sooo sad! I love it! The scenes with young Kate worked really well, also!
Awesome work, Nikki!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Bicycle Tricycle by nikkimonique Reply with quote

WOW. The ending to that was just chilling! I LOVED all the audio overlays. They were absolutely perfect!!! Beautiful character study. The "flashbacks" of Kate seeing Wayne abuse her mother and then with the audio from the marshal-wow amazing and perfect!! This was so inspiring. Fantastic job Nikki! I loved it
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what an awesome character study Nikki
The song was just so perfect, oh gosh the audio at the end that was a great fit and how awesome that it's part the song Your audio choice was also very fitting for the video
The young Kate clips worked perfectly as well
Awesome job!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bel, Thanks so much I love that you loved everything about it!! Your comment made me so happy!

Jemma, awww inspiring? Thanks that is so sweet of you to say!!!! I'm glad you liked the ending...it just kind of randomly came to me and I was like OH!! I have to do that! So I'm glad you found it chilling!!

Charlee, Thanks! I know that song rocks! I've been wanting to make a Kate vid to it for years and finally got around to finishing it!!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki! I saw this before school and I didn't have time to reply! OMG this was awesomenesss. I agree with Jemma, it was really inspiring. I loved your idea to show all of the men Kate was with, and to show her as a little girl was really creative and it was so real. Also great audio choices, it was very emotional and soo well edited. This was just an amazing character study for Kate, and it was an interesting way to see her as a child, and then show all of her relationships.

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Bicycle Tricycle by nikkimonique Reply with quote

That was beautiful Nikki. I loved the slow pace and the music choice - The song worked perfectly. The whole melancholy tone was just heart breaking. Perfect character study Nikki..
Oooh.. and I loved little mini-Kate looking all tortured and sad! Cute!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, awww what a sweet comment thanks!

Freya, I love how you described mini Kate being sad and tortured as cute! haha...that amused me! Thanks for your comment sweetie!

WhisperofMagic
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Bicycle Tricycle by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I loved this! It sorta reminds me of my child hood however so.... but I still was moved by this. You made it all look very, very real, and your editing was stunning, the manips fit well.... what else but gold? Brilliant job Nicole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: