Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: May Contest Information Reply with quote

MAY 2009
Contest: "And the story goes on..."
Deadline: June 3rd - extended

The Details:

Before story-tellers made videos, they wrote books. And these days our favourite novels are turning into blockbuster movies. So, this month we want the same thing -- but in vidding form. Pick a fictional book and re-tell the story with our losties! Any genre! Any book!

Also, you don't have to tell the whole story if you don't want to, telling just a part of it is alright too. For example, the final scene of Twilight Book 1 when Bella finds out it's not her mother that's in trouble. As long as you're re-telling a story or part of a story from a fictional book; you're in!

Now just because we're asking for a story, doesn't mean you have to make an audio filled video. There are more than plenty of videos on LVI that tell stories without or with little audio. However if you want to, you can, no worries! We're just saying it's not a requirement.

Have fun!!!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

• - Re-create a story or part of a story from a fictional book with the losties.
• - No text from the book as overlays or title cards (such as in trailers), please. We're asking for the video, audio and music to carry the story.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "May 2009 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• -Have fun!

Last edited by littleton_pace on Fri May 01, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!

This is a fantastic idea, so kudos to whoever thought of this. I think I may know how to do something like this....it's just so different, and it's a little refreshing! Also, don't have to worry too much about audio being removed if you don't use it in the first place

I have a book in mind...we'll see how it goes
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're excited! We meant audio as in dialogue from the show, not the song. Though both would be muted on youtube if the song is disabled. But there are more places then youtube you can load your vid Zshare, for example, allows streaming and downloading.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God! I LOVE this idea! I would really love to try it, so we'll see if I can think something up. If not, I totally can't wait to see what everyone else does!!

art by me&tammy
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's an awesome idea!

So, I have a few questions, just to clarify it if you will:

Do you have to use like a song, or can you use like audio from a movie version of a book or do you have to only do it with Lost audio?

Thanks!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you use a song not just audio. Like it says in the description:

littleton_pace wrote:
Now just because we're asking for a story, doesn't mean you have to make an audio filled video. There are more than plenty of videos on LVI that tell stories without or with little audio. However if you want to, you can, no worries! We're just saying it's not a requirement.

So you can use audio but its not a requirement so you still use a song regardless. No movie audio is aloud because we're asking for a story from a book, not a movie, and it's a disadvantage to people who choose a book that hasn't been made into a movie. So if you want to use audio, it has to be from Lost

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to shout out - this is a wonderful contest idea. It sounds a lot of fun and oh so challenging!!!

Don't know if I'll enter yet, but I just had to say, this is an awesome idea!!

Now to find a cool book. I started formulating an idea for the book High Fidelity, but booo no movie audio Hehe..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Littleton_Pace!!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh i gotcha, Kat. That does add a little of a challenge, which is great. I will probably opt for a simple instrumental song.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. Can we use clips from other movies/tv shows, as long as it's not the movie adaptation of the book? I'm thinking of using my Lost/Van Helsing vid that I'm working on to make Bram Stoker's Dracula. No audio is going to be used, I think. My storyline in my AU is surprisingly similar to that book. Btw, Van Helsing is not the same story, it's quite separate and different, so it wouldn't be like taking clips from Sense and Sensibility or Harry Potter, and putting it into your vid.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll confer and get back to you Allie

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankies.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is no claiming system?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Not really a point, there's plenty of books out there to use!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay cool...well this is an awesome idea if I can think of something that will work I will try and do it! Right now my m ind is blank though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: