Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"My Skin" by Meli24
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meli24
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: "My Skin" by Meli24 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"My Skin" 03-19-2009
Juliet character study
Song: My Skin by Natalie Merchant
Vidder: Meli24
Length: 4:30 (100MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGA6a4qa630&feature=channel_page
http://www.zshare.net/video/57289230bb8b0432/

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

Gorgeous! Excellent Juliet character vid! Love the splitscreens!
Aimee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

WOW! I've got goosebumps all over my body!!!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

Aw, dammit, now I miss Jacket. Wonderful video! I've been working on a vid with this song for ages, but I just can't decide on the editing. Love the etheral thing you've got going here, though, it works so well for Juliet's storylines and scenes, she's such an epic character. The mix between black-and-white and coloured clips works great, l especially love the editing between 1:00 and 1:14. Great choice of song, btw, especially for this character, and you did a superb job matching the lyrics to the clips.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That was gorgeous! Best Juliet vid ever! I'm serious! I"m off to youtube to fav this after I finish this comment. I loved the scenes you chose and how you blended them so beautifully with the music. My favorite part was the "Take a look at my body, look at my hands" Gave me chills. And I loved how you had her sister as the "Angel, love of her life." I really hope Juliet can see her again. Its so sad. Fab work!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

That was absolutely FANTASTIC you should be SO proud of yourself! This is the only video that is genuinely made me well up with tears, it really shows how lonely and tragic Juliet's character is. The overlays were stunning and I actually was quite impartial to Jacket JUST FOR THIS VID! It really shows the poignancy of her loves and losses, particularly the scenes that you used with her sister. Just INCREDIBLE! Seriously. Gold. And most defo faved at YT!!!!
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

As I said on YT, inspiring editing skills. The coloring, transitions, everything was just perfectly used...the mix of transitions...everything! I loved the way you studied HER without focusing solely on Jacket/Suliet. F/F at YT and Gold here!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

I'm in love with this video. It's so beautiful. It's going to my favs on yt. Great great job. Gold.
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woow That was fantastic! Beautiful colors and amazing lyric interpretation Definitely gold from me!!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was SO beautiful. You captured Juliet perfectly in one video. Every overlay, every split screen, every beat change, all worked so well. I loved this so much!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

I really, really loved this. Great overlays, beautiful black and white. I've always liked Juliet, and this video captures her perfectly. Gold for me.
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

Oh, Melissa - I LOVED THIS!!! Such a gorgeous, amazing vid!! This song is absolutely perfect for Juliet, I've loved this song for a long time and I'm glad you used it for her. Your transitions were wonderful and I loved your imagery. Your lyric interpretation was spectacular and god, I loved how you played with the black/white & color. T'was absolutely breathtaking!!!
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Melissa, this was brilliant! I absolutely love this song, and I was planning to do a Ben character study to this but after yours I think I might wait a while

The split scenes were great, everything just blended together so well and guhhh. *melts*

Lovely job!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meli!!!!! WOW. Gorgeous Juliet character study!! Wonderful song for her! Your editing and beat use and lyric interpretation were spectacular. I loved you use of black and white and color for the clips. Like "the sweetness" you had color for that part. Soooo beautiful!!

MeeMee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: My Skin by Meli24 Reply with quote

I loooooove it , the song is perfect , amaaaaazing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: