Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

added you in rosie

Karowyn
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i have Smallville please

Is it ok to just use the one that i've already submitted but modify it to get rid of Dannielle etc. ?
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to claim the Monk theme song.Can I also at least temporarily claim the theme song for The Greatest American Hero.
I am not sure if I will end up using either song or not but I would like to try to use one of them.I should know pretty quickly if either will work for me and be able to release which ever one I don't chose.

I have a question regarding the theme song,does the show have to be from an American television show?
I know a song from a Canadian television show that I would consider if I'm allowed to use it. The show I have in mind has an opening theme song and a closing credits theme song, are we only allowed to use the song in the opening credits of a show?

I know I can only use one song but I am trying to figure out which one I think I can make the best video with.

Macaila

Last edited by Im1oftheOceanic6 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to use the prison break theme song!!
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm gonna go with the 'Cold Case' theme.. even tho I'm wondering how am I going to fit 12 characters into a 30second vid lol
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This contest sounds awesome. But I don't think I'll be able to do it. Mostly cuz the one I want to do is "Mad Men", and it's pretty hard to come up with an idea to use the credits with cuz I would want to do it like "Mad Men" really is, but use Jack as Don falling around the buildings with pics of the Losties. But again, I'd need more of a graphics progam to do it and more time. If you all don't know "Mad Men"s theme, it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRr-Fb5xQo

Sig by Ahmed
pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question except the tv show theme song we have to use the same style or ours??
MPJ
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm claiming the theme song from the OC.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list for everybody! Macaila, please do let us know as soon as possible which theme you're going with. Thanks!

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
I have a question regarding the theme song,does the show have to be from an American television show?
I know a song from a Canadian television show that I would consider if I'm allowed to use it. The show I have in mind has an opening theme song and a closing credits theme song, are we only allowed to use the song in the opening credits of a show?

You can use a show from anywhere, it doesn't have to be American, just so long as it's a theme from a TV show.

About your question about using the closing credits theme... Is this for Monk? Since they're on their second opening theme song and their original one is now their closing credits, I'd say you can use either, since they were both the opening theme at one time or another. (Just be sure to grab the original version from when it was the theme song so it's the original length, composition, etc. )

If it's for a different show, though, let us know and we'll talk it over!

pruedens wrote:
Just a question except the tv show theme song we have to use the same style or ours??

You can make yours in any style you'd like, whether you want to mimic the style of the show whose theme you're using or if you want to just develop your own! Either way is fine, it's up to you.

Last edited by Aislynn on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very interesting. Would be a good "outcoming" for me as a vidder. I think I will claim the "Full House" Theme.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffyfan145 wrote:
This contest sounds awesome. But I don't think I'll be able to do it. Mostly cuz the one I want to do is "Mad Men", and it's pretty hard to come up with an idea to use the credits with cuz I would want to do it like "Mad Men" really is, but use Jack as Don falling around the buildings with pics of the Losties. But again, I'd need more of a graphics progam to do it and more time. If you all don't know "Mad Men"s theme, it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRr-Fb5xQo

That's definitely a very cool opener, Amanda! But I can see what you mean about how sophisticated of a program you'd need to try and mimic that style. Would you like to claim the song anyway, though and give it a try? You might could do a sort of "stripped down" version of it? If you want it, just say the word and we'll add you to the list!

SawyerLittleton wrote:
Sounds very interesting. Would be a good "outcoming" for me as a vidder. I think I will claim the "Full House" Theme.

Hey there, SawyerLittleton! Welcome to LVI and yay for making your vidding debut! I'll add you to the list right now.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karowyn wrote:
can i have Smallville please

Is it ok to just use the one that i've already submitted but modify it to get rid of Dannielle etc. ?

I didn't see this when I answered your question the first time about modifying your existing vid (which would've been okay ) but Smallville has already been claimed, sorry.

Kaory wrote:
we only have to use the song not make the intro like the show we choose,thats right ?

Yes, you can make it in any style you like, whether you choose to mimic the style of the show whose theme song you're using or make it completely original. Sorry for the delay in getting back with you!

eloramoon wrote:
Can we use clips from all seasons, or only season five so far?

You may use clips from any of the seasons. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I want to get into this, I'd like to claim "The Wonder Years" please. Heard the theme the other day and wondered if it'll fit Lost
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added you in, Neo!
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started picking clips today and i'm kinda seeing...that this opening will get a little bit sploofy without me wanting it. I hope thats okay i will try my best to keep it "lostish" so the lost feeling won't fade away with the full house opening.

Hopefully i will still have a little chance to impress with my little video.
Sorry for my bad english, i'm working on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: