Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"While Time Turns - Skate" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: "While Time Turns - Skate" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"While Time Turns - Skate" 02-07-2009
Dedicated to Deia. Kate and Sawyer must get back to the orchid before the next flash or they may never be together again. Credit goes to Deia for the vid pic.
Song: While December Turns by Rothko and The Sleeping Years
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 3:16 (56mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86VN8piWBw
http://www.zshare.net/video/552488158f809e7d/

http://www.imeem.com/people/S0xULCt/video/-WKH9BJ6/nikki_monique_while_time_turns_skate_art_video/

Last edited by nikkimonique on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, nikki that was so sad i love how you handled all the flashes tho, with sawyer and kate seeing each other and then a flash interrupting and i loved the off island stuff as well. and your idea that kate had to die to be reunited with sawyer for good and that audio at the end was great; sounded really well manipped!! great vid!! loved it

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat! The idea of future Kate having to die b/c Sawyer changed the past came to me last night. I'm glad you thought it worked!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: While Time Turns - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Soooooooooo good. I agree with everything Kat said...really fabulous to use the flashes that way. Like, genius. And this song is beautiful! I've never heard the group but now I'll have to check them out. Did I ever tell you you turned me on to Vienna Teng too? Gold from me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Nikki. Just beautiful. I loved it and all it's Skate goodness. So...
Spoiler:

Sawyer seeing her in the past and interacting with her changed her memories (like it did when Faraday talked to Desmond) so she starts dreaming about the things he told her on the island and then goes to try and get back and dies in a car accident? And then when they reach the Orchid station in the past and fix time, she's alive because time reset itself to a place before she died... right?

Am I getting all that right?

Anyway, even if I'm not, it's a great video. A+++++++++ and tons of gold stars for you.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: While Time Turns - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Aww, wow! What an awesome idea!! I absolutely love the plot! Gorgeous vid, Nikki! Hee I loved the "I can see you there, ya know." Really great work all together! Awesome vid!
sed112986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good! And very clever! The way you worked the on island time flashes with future off island Kate worked well. Great job!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggy, Thanks! Glad I could get you into another artist!

Freckles, yep, thats pretty much the gist of it...its open to interpretation too...b/c I was kind of hinting at the fact that Kate kills herself...but the accident not being intentional works too. Thanks for your comment!

Jemma, Thanks so much! I'm so glad you understood the plot.

sed112986, Thank you so much for commenting!

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you made this fast! I really liked it. I liked how he was seeing kate everywhere especially, when she over lapped with Juliet (like on the boat). That was really cool. I thought you had a really good balance of voice over/music. Plus cool ending! Sad for Jack though!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yael! I know poor Jack. But Kate and Sawyer were meant to be together... Thanks for your comment.

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: While Time Turns - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Awww awesome vid Nikki! So brilliantly done, poor Sawyer! Awesome ending too, very clever, I loved the "Thank you for saving me" aww! Ooh and I think my favourite part was the "I can see you there you know" and his poor face, perfect clip choices think it actually make me squee out loud lol Fab work!!
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: While Time Turns - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

oh my god. I have no words to say how much I loved it. Great idea, beyond great. Fav parts: "I can see you there you know" and Sawyer's face. When she woke up knowing that something changed. And the possibility of change even tho Daniel said that it's impossible. It mean that they are special like Des. The manip where Kate sees Locke in the elevator. And the way that Sawyer kept seeing Kate in Juliet. That was awesomely sad and complicated and sweet and deep.
Damn you, it's hard to be a jater when you do videos like that!
Gold and fav on youtube.
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: While Time Turns - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

P.S. I can't stop watching it...
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma....awww...thank you sweetie! *squeezey hugs*

Ali, You always leave me the best comments! I love how we always get what each other are trying to express in our vids. *hugs*

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, this was so brilliant!!! Ahh, I loved it. First off, I thought the song choice was so cool, I loveddd it
Now to your story I loved the plot and it was told so well--my favorite part, like Jemma, hehe was "I can see you there ya know" really creative, I loved that. I liked when you had them see eachother at 2:00, great, great, clip choices. Awesome audio choices too, the ending with "thank you for saving me" was perfect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: