Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x05 - This Place Is Death
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: 5x05 - This Place Is Death Reply with quote

Centricity:
Spoiler:

Unknown

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

Locke shoulders the burden of ending the island's increasingly violent movements through time; Ben is stymied in his efforts to reunite the Oceanic 6 and bring them back to the island.

Guest List:
Spoiler:

Guest starring are Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking, William Blanchett as Aaron, June Kyoko Lu as Mrs. Paik, Melissa Farman as young Frenchwoman, Guillaume Dabinpons as Frenchman #1, Marc Menard as Frenchman #2, Bruno Bruni as Frenchman #3 and Jaymie Kim as Ji Yeon.

Happy Lost Day, everybody! ♥!

Last edited by Aislynn on Tue May 05, 2009 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!
Spoiler:

Ji Yeon!

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY

Spoiler:

at Ji Yeon!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so psyched for tonight episode!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait. Literally cannot!
Spoiler:

CHRISTAIN SHEPHARD and JI YEON! <3

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniffle

Spoiler:

Poor Daniel....poor Charlotte

This episode was slightly mediocre to the rest of the season, but I have to say, the promo for next week's looks INSANE!

Funny bits:

Spoiler:

Desmond knew it was Faraday's mother, but Ben did not...you could tell by the way he looked, then turned and walked right off,

Spoiler:

You can see how the timeline of events on the island are coming together. Because of Jin, Rouseau did not go into Smokie's Lair. Daniel told Charlotte he would die...possibly because of the moment they shared on the island where Charlotte died in front of him. Another flash could send him to the Dharma Initiative to find her and warn her, though he should know it won't work. Loving her though, I don't doubt he would try anyway. Why didn't either know this? He might not be there yet, and she couldn't remember hardly anything from her past on the island anyway. It's just a theory, not fact.

This was a great episode, but looking forward to next week's!

P.S. Poor Sawyer is just getting tortured in each episode so far!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. WHY?! Now Charlotte's dead. Argh! Is there any hope for the cute happy ships that are my favorites? Noooo.... All my ships DIE. Like, all that's left is Jate. And Jun. If we're lucky.

I liked the ep, tho. The big reveals about Charlotte were awesome! A scary man who told her she would die if she ever came back... And that man was DAN! But god, I just loved the acting in that scene! Just made it so much scarier.

Hm... Well, that was definitely the best part for me. I guess they're all finally gonna go back now. Or try, anyway. I wonder if they can without Kate, Aaron, and Hurley? And Sayid?
Spoiler:

Although I saw Hurley in next week's promo... I think Kate'll just be the holdout. But OH WAIT - I forgot, it looks like Jate's back together next week.

But God, I can't get a break with my ship choices! Every time I start liking a ship, it DIES.

*stomps off to mourn Charladay*

icon by becca
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY MOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY!!!!!

That was friggin' awesome!

Spoiler:

Man, Ben was P'O'd when he realized Eloise was Daniel's mom, and he was "working" for Widmore. But I don't think that means that Daniel (or his mom, maybe?) are "bad guys" per se. Although, we do know that Eloise has been at least talking to Widdy, right?

So... I have a cockamamie (sp?) theory involving Desmond. We've seen Daniel try to plant a seed to change the future (a couple episodes ago when, during a time flash, he knocked on the hatch and told Desmond to go find his mom) and now we have another example of Daniel trying to change things by doing this (telling a young Charlotte not to ever return to the island).

Not really a spoiler, but speculation...

Spoiler:

What if Desmond begins working with Daniel at some point later on to go back in time and "plant seeds" to try and change things, and what if the Desmond that bad hair Jack meets jogging in the stadium way back when wasn't actually Desmond, but was FUTURE DESMOND planting a seed ("You have to lift it up"... whatever that means...)? When he sees Penny outside the stadium, he's not sad because they're having problems, but rather is sad because he knows she's dead in the future. Or something. I know, it's out there, but just a thought...

I LOVE THIS SHOW SOOOOO MUCH!

~ Julia
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your theory, Julia!

The thing that gets me though with this time business, is when Mrs. Hawking spoke with Desmond about "course correction". Sure, Dan may have told Charlotte to not come back, but she did, proving a point that you can't change what the universe has in store for you. You can do whatever you like, tell them whatever, and they will still do what they are destined to. However, I'd rather Charlotte had come back, or she and Dan likely would not have met

I think there's hope yet for the ship, Charlie. We know she dies, but not "when", so she may still be around in future episodes
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! OMG...Do you think Charlotte is really dead for good?...I'm so sad...I was really starting to like her...ugh I cried so much...she better come back.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope she'll be back. She was really turning out to be cool. And with all this mystery about her, how she grew up on the island and all, how can they just drop it? Like, who are her parents, anyway? I bet there's an interesting story there.

icon by becca
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a theory going on in the LJ Lost community I chat in, that Charlotte is Ben and Annie's daughter.

It sounds crazy at first, but if Ben was born in the *very* early 1960s and was a teen parent, Charlotte could be in her late 20s. It could work!

Plus, it could explain two things about Ben...

1) Why he felt the need to raise a child (Alex) as his own (to fill the void after Annie ran off with their child, perhaps?)

2) Why Ben was especially uptight about Alex and Karl's budding teen romance, and the possible consequences of said relationship.

~ Julia
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Charlotte is Ben's daughter, but hopefully it's someone else important. I was in tears when she died! I feel so bad for her and Daniel.
Proof positive that love cannot exist on the Island. That place IS DEATH!

I was SOOOOOO pissed at Charlotte for telling Jin that Sun should not come back! "Bring all of them back!" "Don't bring them back!" WHAT DO YOU WANT ISLAND! Make up your mind!

I really enjoyed the Danielle flashback. I love the casting director for making all of the french scientists SO HOTT!!! I felt so bad about Robert! I was really believing he was a good guy in love with her, until, you know, he tried to kill her and her unborn child! (Strange I would have thought "the sickness" was the blood from the nose thing.)

I still want to know about how Ben got Alex from her though.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP!!

That was one HELL of an episode!!!

Spoiler:

Alas, Charladay was taken too early. Was very sad Charlotte died. I even cried a little but more cause I felt very badly for Daniel. He was so in love with her!!

I definitely think they're going back to Dharma times. I bet when Locke turned the wheel again, the time flashes stopped, but they end up in Dharma and obviously Dan is gonna try and prevent Charlotte from coming back. But I think like someone said before - it's course correction. Charlotte is going to come back anyways.

YAY FOR JIN!!! Was great to see him back in action again. And it was really awesome, getting some of Danielle's backstory through him. I really hope we get to see when Ben took Alex...I was kind of waiting for that tonight, but I bet it comes later....

I wonder though if the whole "Don't bring Sun back here" thing wasn't just a red herring....I think Charlotte was in a very heightened state and she was scared of what was happening to her, so I think she extended that to everyone at the time. Don't bring them back to this place because this place is death - maybe for Charlotte is was, but I think the O6 are meant to be on the island.

Btw - I think I fell in love with Ben all over again. Why do I get so hot when he gets all angry? He's sexy when he yells. It was really cool to see him lose his temper like that - I think he's obviously trying to atone for something, and I think he's really trying to help them - I don't think he would have gotten that upset if he was just being sneaky. Ben doesn't lose his temper often, and when he does, you know it's something big....

Yeah, holy cow, this episode was a trip. I can't wait until next week!! OMG!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ep! my mind is spinning right now lol
I'm soo sad Charlotte died Charladay was growing on me and I felt horrible for Daniel. Their last scene was heartbreaking Gah why do they have to ruin all of my ships? At least I still have despenny and jun.
Loved the scenes with young Danielle. And Sawyer & Jin's hug was so sweet!
I can't wait until next week..the preview looked insane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: