Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Porcelain Heart" by Captain Freya
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: "Porcelain Heart" by Captain Freya Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Porcelain Heart" 03-22-2009
Once upon a time, Katie and Juliet were BFFs, Jack was breaking both their hearts, and Sawyer was secretly in love with Katie. 15 years later, and theyve all grown up a bit, but has anything really changed?
Song: Porcelain Heart by Barlow Girl
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 3:17 (62MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.vimeo.com/3793589
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lee34c

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was just gorgeous! I loved the song, loved the story, and loved how you used the other footage to match the characters with "their younger selves!" *applause* Fantastic work! ♥!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, Freya! That was fanastic! I loved the idea of the past repeating itself, and how you mirrored the scenes of their "younger selves" with them now. It was such a new and interesting idea that worked beautifully. Gold from me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Brilliantly well done. I can see you took a lot of care into this video, the different choices in characters was brilliant - you've gotta love Gossip Girl!
Anyway, I thought it was extremley intelligently done and the interchanging of the characters past and present was very clever and precise to the music.
GOLD!
-Aggi. x
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Absolutely gorgeous Freya!! The way you found the perfect parallel scenes of their younger selves and would fade back to their older selves was so so perfect!! This was so creative and so well-done!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a brilliant idea Freya! I loved it! The way you kept using the dissolves to flash back and forth was brilliant! I love how similar some of the scenes looked ,like when Jack and Kate were sitting in the hallway!! I was like...ooooo thats good!! Ooo and then when Kate is taking the pregnancy test in the past and the future!! That was my very favorite part! So was she pregnant? Or not? I took it that she wasn't. But wasn't exactly sure. Oh and I thought it was clever how you turned the "he kissed me" line to be about Sawyer instead of Jack. Wonderful work as always Freya!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

O M G!
Such a great idea. Freya, you rock!
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Wow! Freya! I loved it...I loved all the little parallels, as well as the big ones too. Great, great job! Kinda makes me want to watch GG to look for more Lost parallels. Gold from me!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Yay! Thanks everyone! I'm so glad y'all liked it. I don't really know Gossip Girl well enough to plan out lots of scenes that looked the same, so I ended up just stumbling across a few that seemed to kinda work. I'm glad they did.
And, Nikki, I guess the pregnancy thing wasn't really clear. She took the test when she was a teenager and was pregnant, and the kid at the end is her kid as a teenager. She wasn't pregnant when she was an adult.. Or maybe she was actually, thinking about it. It does kinda look like that, doesn't it? Oh well - I guess it's open to interpretation.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh clever idea, I like the whole using Serena/Blair/Dan/Nate for the characters as that worked well I love the manip of Blair/Dan sex
Love the song as well , I loved the comparisons you had also Worked really well. The scene where Blair and Dan were on the floor worked really well when comparing it to Jack and Kate, fave scene
Quick question who was Eric's character?? EDIT: Oh saw it in ya response just
Awesome job!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

3328 wrote:
Yay! Thanks everyone! I'm so glad y'all liked it. I don't really know Gossip Girl well enough to plan out lots of scenes that looked the same, so I ended up just stumbling across a few that seemed to kinda work. I'm glad they did.
And, Nikki, I guess the pregnancy thing wasn't really clear. She took the test when she was a teenager and was pregnant, and the kid at the end is her kid as a teenager. She wasn't pregnant when she was an adult.. Or maybe she was actually, thinking about it. It does kinda look like that, doesn't it? Oh well - I guess it's open to interpretation.

OH!!! I just watched it again and I totally get it now! Thanks for explaining.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Oh wow that was brilliant Freya!! I loved how you used the similar clips of when they were younger it looked so awesome! Fab storyline and you told it so well and really showed the emotion! Fantastically done!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Freya! great job with this! it's such a unique idea. I loved how you were able to use all of the gossip girl cast as younger versions of the lost quadrangle. It wasn't a stretch at all especially the way you mirrored their similar movements. I loved the ones of kate standing in the mirror and juliet crying on the floor. Young Jack was such an ass though. That post-sex note was awful!
I'd love so see a sequel to this with more chuck/sawyer.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks again kids! Yeah - I tried to make the post-sex note like, really casual and half-arsed, like he didn't really give a crap about her, so I'm glad that came across. I wanted to get Chuck into it, but he just doesn't look like any of the Lost characters. I'll have a little think about doing a sequel. I defintely wanted to do more Sawyer stuff, and I really wanted to get Chuck into there somehow. I shall sit quietly and ponder.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Porcelain Heart by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Great vid, Freya! Really good storyline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: