Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostbreakers
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Sony Vegas Question Reply with quote

Hey All!

Im Still A Newbie To Sony Vegas So Was Wondering If Someone Could Answer My Question

I Want A Split Screen Of 2 Different People With Just Their Faces. I Dont Want To Change The Opacity Or Anything, I Just Struggle To get It Right Because When I Use The Sort Edge Border It Gets Rid Of A Part Of The Clip I Want To Keep! Also I Was Wondering How You Change The Size,Height And Width Of The Clip Without Zooming In Or Out.

I Hope Im Making Sense! Thanks To Any One Who Can Help!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, lostbreakers! Hopefully this can help you with your question about split-screening... This comes from the Sony Vegas All-In-One Help thread Please pardon my quoting myself, it was just easier than writing it all again!

Aislynn wrote:
Anyway, the answer I gave to littleton_pace about a picture-in-picture type of effect at the top of this page is actually the same thing that's going to give you the split-screen effect I believe you're looking for. So let me paraphrase myself...

1. Put the two clips you want combined on two timelines, one right above the other. For demonstration purposes let's say that you want to show Kate smiling on the left side of the screen and Sawyer smiling on the right. Hey, why not? So you could put Sawyer's clip on the lower timeline, Kate's on the higher one (or vice versa).

2. Use the pan/crop tool on each of the clips so that Kate is over to the left and Sawyer is to the right, where you want them to be.

Here's a screencap of where to find the pan/crop tool (I'm still borrowing a screencap from another tutorial thing, sorry but it still has the things that you need to see. So just ignore the writing on it -- unless you'd like to know how to mirror a clip, if you don't already... ).

Just click and drag on the inside of the box and you'll see the picture begin to slide in the big preview window. If you need to resize either of the clips, just click and drag the little boxes around the picture:

3. Now use the cookie cutter on the clip on the top timeline. (The cookie cutter is found under the Video FX tab ) To get a true split screen look, use the square shape and leave the cookie cutter set on "cut away everything but section."

4. If you want a nice, soft edge between the two images, use the slider that says "feather." Otherwise you'll have a hard, defined edge.

lostbreakers wrote:
Also I Was Wondering How You Change The Size,Height And Width Of The Clip Without Zooming In Or Out.

What is it you're trying to do? Match the ratios of one clip to the others (so that one isn't full frame while the others are widescreened - or vice versa)? Or are you just trying to crop in on a clip without it moving to zoom in or out? (Like you want it to start off and end cropped at the same size and place?)
lostbreakers
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Thanks For Very Much For Helping
Yeah Im Trying To Get The Ratio's The Same Size
And Wondering If You Can Crop Without Zooming
In Or Out ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: