Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Closure - Jate AU" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: "Closure - Jate AU" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Closure - Jate AU" 08-16-2008
Kate and Jacks already rocky relationship is put to the test when they are brutally attacked one night. Warning, contains mature themes about rape.Special thanks to my AU buddy Freya for making me this deliciously dark vid pic.
Song: G8 Confernece and Long, Long Time Ago by James Newton Howard and Javier Navarrete
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 4:46 (40MB mov)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aoJU6Gqpic
http://www.zshare.net/video/17150687b1165b2d/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Closure - Jate AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

great. you always make your stories so believable. poor kate...
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Closure - Jate AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

WOWOWOWOWO!!!! Nikki I loved this! I have a new favourite video. I liked that this was sooo insanely dark but was also kinda fluffy and romantic towards the end. You found a good balance. The bit in the car looked insanely real - For a second, I was like, "whoa - when did that happen?!" When I saw the film you took the scene from, I couldn't believe how different those two characters looked from Jack and Kate... but they way you edited, you couldn't tell at all. It was just amazing - and the idea with Juliet helping them find out the origins of the baby was really original and clever. GOLD GOLD GOLD from me!
And I liked the pic you chose - I was hoping you'd pick that one!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Closure - Jate AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

WOW!!!!!! Wow Nikki, that was SO,SO awesome, you had me completely gripped from beginning to end. It was crazily believeable and the story was fab! I dunno what to say except I totally loved it! And aww the ending made me smile Absolutely gold from me of course! Awesome work!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was sooo awesome, Nikki!! Great use of clips from other movies, the story totally came across beautifully, and it didn't even look like you were manipping that rape scene. The car scene before that, with Jack and Kate, wow, that seemed sooo real!! It was great! Your whole story really worked well. I loved that it had a happy ending, your love scene was so sweet and gentle. It was nice after the mega dark storyline! Nice dreamy, glowy effects at the end too btw. The Juliet bit was great as well! And this is weird, but I was totally gonna manip a scene almost exactly like that in my Chate vid. Anyway, gold! Excellent vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo yay its up!! Thanks for the insanely nice comments guys!!

Sassy, yay! I'm happy you liked the glowly effect and what scene where you going to manip in a Chate vid? GMTA I guess....

Freya, yay! I'm glad I picked the vid pic you liked best. It took me a long time to decide but this one awesome b/c it was more subtle with the blood than the others but also creepy!

Emma, glad you liked the ending...I kind of shocked myself with how happy that ending was...but I just had to go for fluffy Jate at the end.

Alicja, Thanks so much! I'm glad you like my story telling...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
what scene where you going to manip in a Chate vid? GMTA I guess....

The ultrasound one. Except with Charlie and Kate. I don't think I'll include Juliet in it. lol I want it to be different. I've had this idea for a while now and thought I was all original. It looked awesome though. hehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very cool! I love Chate!!!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki this was totally fabulous! It was so you, but extremely original. I loved the storyline, and thought you told it really well, with all of the clever AU scenes. I really liked when Kate and Jack were talking, and her telling Jack she was pregnant, and Aaron comes out in the hallway while their talking, at 2:48. The parts where Juliet helps Kate find out that it was Jack's was very clever.

The entire scene of the attack was really clever and just terrific! Your stories are always amazing and interesting, and easy to follow, but so twisted, I just love your creative style!

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Closure - Jate AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wow, that was amazing! I don't know what I can say about it that hasn't already been said. The manips were almost seemless (as seemless as they can be with show like Lost where the clips are kind of limited) especially the rape scene. I thought the way you used that shot of Kate struggling against the marshal was really clever and tied her into it really well. I also loved that you included Juliet -- I have a thing about non-romantic Jacket/Kuliet! My favourite part though of course was the happy ending. I'm so glad the baby was Jack's so that they could move past it and get on with their lives.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, thanks so much for your awesome, in depth comment! I'm glad you liked the Aaron part!!!

Samara, awww thanks so much! I'm glad you liked how I put Juliet in there...I try to somehow incorporate her into all my vids b/c she's so awesome!!

Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good vid,Nikki!
I have a recomendation for you...i think you're experiensed enough to try include more effects and maybe even use a song and follow the beat and make a really amazing AU of it
Don't take it personal that's just my opinion because the vid is great... i mean it's original and everything but if you improve your editing it'll be even better
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Borislava....my only problem is I'm kind of limited with the effects b/c I have imovie( which is basically like WMM for Mac) and it can't do all that fancy Sony Vegas stuff.. but I know what you mean....my vids would be so much better if I could! *sigh*

Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,they'll be much better if you're doing them in better vidding program...and despite that i still would like to see a vid with a quick song or something...it'll nice change for you...you know trying different things
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks...I'll give it a shot some time...I did make that Juliet vid awhile back to a pretty fast song..."Stand in The Rain" not sure how good it was though... I just prefer to make these kind of vids more...they are more fun for me....like making mini little episodes....vidding to fast songs just seems like work to me... and takes the fun away.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: