Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"You" by Athena Alexandria

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: "You" by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"You" 08-09-2008
A Kate/Aaron vid about how taking care of Aaron has forced Kate to get her life together, including making some difficult decisions about her past and her relationship with Jack.
Song: You by Fisher
Vidder: Athena Alexandria
Length: 2.33 (9.3MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7APCDEbiRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7APCDEbiRc

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so ... I can't decide. The words that come to mind are "beautiful", "awesome", "amazing", "tragic", "touching" ... too dramatic? lol I mean it! The song was gorgeous, as was the video, it really really fit well with Kate and Aaron and you portrayed her story almost perfectly, with the clips choices and all. I loved the fades to the black and white parts, showing her past/memories etc and why she's doing what she's doing. All for Aaron. Aww, she even gave up Jack for him. That was so bittersweet. At one point, it almost made me cry. It was a major "aww, this is so sad and beautiful" bit.

This was so touching, in my opinion, that I have to gold it. Great work. A couple parts were a little bit choppy, you could have made it a bit smoother and worked on your transitions somewhat, but otherwise, I LOVED it. You're getting better and better, Samara, keep making vids!

I can assure you, everyone does NOT hate this vid. I really enjoyed. I don't know why no one is commenting, but they better start! hehe

PS - If you told in the title who the vid was about, like "One of the Boys (Kate)", or "You (Kate/Aaron)" people might be more likely to take a look. I hope you get more comments soon! You deserve them.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: You by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Awww very sweet and beautiful vid! You told Kate and Aarons story really well and I loved how you showed all the black and white bits from when they were on the island too. Great work!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo I was going to make a vid to this song but then never got around to it! I'm so glad someone did b/c its such a great song for Kate and Aaron. I really liked how you used the court scene and the other scenes in Kate's past, they worked very well with the lyrics. Thanks for making this..it was sweet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: