Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer)" by Jo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: "Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer)" by Jo Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer)" 08-10-2008
Three people, three wishes.
Song: Three Wishes by The Pierces
Vidder: Jo
Length: 3:42 (14.6 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N7pfWvTCUE

Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMAZING!!!!!!! love the way some of your scenes are edited, with the comparisons between Monica and Kevin/Jack and I particularly love the way Kate's painting in her house fades into that image of Sawyer emerging from the ocean. Really well done!

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, you posted this awesome vid here, too.
You did a great job with showing all the parallels between Kate, Sarah, "Monica" and Jack. And I really liked the coloring and your split screens. Great job!

Icon by ack attack
Heldon16
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) by Jo Reply with quote

That was great!!!...absoultly loved the part with the painting
donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) by Jo Reply with quote

I love this video, great work!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deia wrote:
AMAZING!!!!!!! love the way some of your scenes are edited, with the comparisons between Monica and Kevin/Jack and I particularly love the way Kate's painting in her house fades into that image of Sawyer emerging from the ocean. Really well done!

Thank you! Took forever to match up Sawyer and the painting. It's still not as perfect as I would have liked it, but it'll do.

Joon wrote:
Yay, you posted this awesome vid here, too.
You did a great job with showing all the parallels between Kate, Sarah, "Monica" and Jack. And I really liked the coloring and your split screens. Great job!

Thanks! I couldn't believe how similar Jack/Kate and Kevin/Monica were. I mean, I knew watching SNBH that they were reusing a lot of the shots from the "I do" flashbacks, but when I actually put them side-be-side I was blown away.

Heldon16 wrote:
That was great!!!...absoultly loved the part with the painting

Everyone loves the painting. And so they should!

donna wrote:
I love this video, great work!

Thank you!
Aimee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) by Jo Reply with quote

This is such a beautiful video: the colouring, the clips, the music, the editing, etc. Anything other than a gold star is totally wrong IMHO.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) by Jo Reply with quote

Wow, lovely video! Awesome splitscreens & overlays! I really like the part where it fades from Sarah to Juliet to Kate. Nice!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) by Jo Reply with quote

Awesome video I absolutely loved the song!
I loved everything about the video, I loved your comparisions in the video very nicely done!
Also loved the colouring for the video Great work!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved all of the comparisons you drew but my absolute favorite moment was the painting! Very, very cool! ♥!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I really like how you set this up. The whole three persons with different complex wishes. That was nicely done. Some of the lyrical interpretation was a bit ambiguous (like the "made from metal," etc. - I'm not quite sure why Juliet was there at the moment). However, the majority of this vid was nicely edited and I really did like the theme. And I thought the painting scene seguing into Sawyer rising from the water was incredibly CLEVER! Nice!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a council pick! Awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1390 wrote:
Awesome video I absolutely loved the song!
I loved everything about the video, I loved your comparisions in the video very nicely done!
Also loved the colouring for the video Great work!

Thanks! The song is so gorgeous. Youtube sort of botched the quality a bit, but it still works. I have the album that song's on, and the whole CD's packed with amazing stuff.

Aislynn wrote:
I loved all of the comparisons you drew but my absolute favorite moment was the painting! Very, very cool! ♥!

Thank you so much!

PsychoCynic wrote:
Oh, I really like how you set this up. The whole three persons with different complex wishes. That was nicely done. Some of the lyrical interpretation was a bit ambiguous (like the "made from metal," etc. - I'm not quite sure why Juliet was there at the moment). However, the majority of this vid was nicely edited and I really did like the theme. And I thought the painting scene seguing into Sawyer rising from the water was incredibly CLEVER! Nice!

Thank you!

Yeah, the made from metal bit was a reach, I'll admit. In my mind, I want to believe Jack feels at least a tiny bit guilty about leaving Juliet behind, but he's trying to push those feelings away along with everything else. So in Kate's shot I had Sawyer jumping from the chopper, and for Jack I used Juliet sitting on the beach, alone, abandoned. (I'm a Juliet fan, can you tell? ), and Jack turning his face from the memory, turning himself into "metal", so to speak.

Sawyer rising from the water is my favourite part too. At first, I was just fiddling around with different clips (I got bored halfway through making this vid, because I have the patience of a rabbit on speed, apparently), and I thought, hey that painting looks an awful lot like...
MeeMee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) by Jo Reply with quote

wow, this is great. Amazing video love it especially the scene with the photo in kate's house that tranist to sawyer's scene in the sea ..
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Three Wishes (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) by Jo Reply with quote

3846 wrote:
wow, this is great. Amazing video love it especially the scene with the photo in kate's house that tranist to sawyer's scene in the sea ..

Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: