Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lie Is The Road To Death" by Death And Hypnos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death And Hypnos
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: "Lie Is The Road To Death" by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Lie Is The Road To Death" 08-04-2008
July 2008 contest submission. Many are the lies of Benjamin Linus but one cost him too much
Song: Death Is The Road To Awe by Clint Mansell
Vidder: Death And Hypnos
Length: 4:09 (87.8MB AVI)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zQNibNyIyc

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

that was an awesome first vid! i love how you had those sound effects in there as well as audio. the 'System Failure' part after Alex died was so clever. loved the beat use and overlays in the middle and towards the end; i wish there had been more of them great, great vid good luck in the comp!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was pretty excellent! You showed a very unique and interesting way of showing all of the lies of Ben Linus! Your beat use totally rocked, and I liked the coloring you used. Good luck in the contest

aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

Great! Perfect use of sounds. I loved the "system failure" with Alex's death. And flashing text in the background "think about your life" and stuff - so effective. Gold. And good luck
Death And Hypnos
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

Thank you both for your comments!!!! !These are the very first for me I'm Glad that you liked it!!
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

OMFG that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gah i have chills down my spine!! wow good luck in the contest
Death And Hypnos
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

Aradnea, benlinusisagoodguy, thank you so much guys!
I'm happy that you liked it!!
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

I watched it again and another thing: Locke explaining rules of the game. Love it. It's all well thought through.
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

Wow....that was like, ninja awesomely good!! What a fantastic video! I absolutely loved the editing, it was beautiful to watch! I also loved when you had Locke explaining the game, that was a great, great choice!! Gold from me and I hope you sweep this contest because this is by far my favorite vid now!!
jchamb03
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

Great Ending! I love that you used the picture of penny and desmond when Ben is talking about killing her! It goes back to the main idea in Season 1 that all the characters are connected! Excellent job!
fivebyfive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

i agree with all the others, awesome job!
Everlost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

Wow!! Absolutely incredible video!!
Death And Hypnos
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your comments
Some extra description for the video: I have different colouring to past,present and future, which(colouring) is being effected positively(alex,russo words) or negatively(Ben's words)With an exception in the end of course(he absolutely means what he says)
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Lie Is The Road To Death by Death And Hypnos Reply with quote

This vid was so ridiculously good I'm not sure where to begin. I loved the use of brighter/darker coloring depending on who was speaking. Loved the use of the subliminal messaging the Others seemingly brainwashed people with. Loved Locke explaining the game juxtaposed with flashes of Whidmore and Ben. Loved the Despenny shot...

Great job!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was gorgeous! Like the others have mentioned, the "System failure" audio when Alex was killed just gave me chills! I enjoyed this so very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: