Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Movie You Saw?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am watching The Langoliers. Which I DVRed because, even though I am not a huge Steven King fan, I am still in the mood for cheesy horror and was hoping it delivered.

It does not. My streak of crappy films continues.

Note to future Steven King adapters: If you adapt something from a short story, it probably should not be a three-hour miniseries. It definitely should not be a three-hour miniseries if the first hour is 'Plane flying; plane crashes; guys, where are we?' Lost handled that much better by interspersing the first two with the third, instead of going about it sequentially. Steven King is not a genius, but one thing his stuff almost always avoids is dullness, because he knows how to pace a story. You should too.

PS The Langoliers are not scary. They look like bad CGI flying clams with fake, tinfoil teeth. No, I am not making that up.

Last edited by thefilmchick on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that movie and it's quite awful. I don't remember how I was able to sit through the whole thing, though I think I may have been sick and trying to pass the time.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I am watching The Langoliers. Which I DVRed because, even though I am not a huge Steven King fan, I am still in the mood for cheesy horror and was hoping it delivered.

It does not. My streak of crappy films continues.

aw i LOVE the langoliers. creeped me out so much when i saw it, had nightmares lmao. granted i was like 12 or so when i first saw it on tv, so my ideas of great movies and creepy things were highly lenient back then, but because i loved it so much originally, i still have fond memories for it in result lol
i'm sure if i were seeing it for the first time today i'd come to the same conclusion you did tho haha i love mr tommey tho. he was so weird lol and i hated the little girl, she was sooooo annoying.

anyway last movie i saw was a clockwork orange. good but anit-climatic
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently saw Easy A at the theaters; and I really enjoyed it.

Though the parents were funny they were a little too unrealistic of how they were with their kids; but I enjoyed them.

It was nice to see a teen movie like they used to be. The humor had a Mean Girls/10 Things I Hate About You feel...and it showed some homage to John Hughes which was nice; I think he's gotta be one of the best teen film writers.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the movie Greenburg with Ben Stiller....It was kind of a depressing movie but it was really quirky which I love in movies.
The best quote in the entire movie was,
Ben Stiller's friend says:
"Youth is wasted on the young" Then Ben says, "No, I'd go further and say life is wasted on people."

His character was so weird and funny b/c he'd get so upset and annoyed about the littlest things and was constantly writing letters of complaints to people. Check it out if you like quirky films.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like quirky films. I was told not to see it; but it's by people who like more mainstream movies who don't really care for off beat or more original stories.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you should see it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should see it.

I love quirky films; loved Away We Go.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Hairspray in the car today on the way back from my nan's. It's so full of win, and it makes me sooo happy ^_^ also I watched the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas this morning and it made me sad the kid that plays Bruno would make a really good young boy in an OC/AU vid... and his mum, too, would make a good OC, she's so good
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Millie, I read that "The Boy In The Stupid Pyjamas" and at first I thought you were just making fun of it. LOL Then I realized that I'm just dumb. haha And tired. xD I loved that movie though, it was so sad and powerful. I love Hairspray too! I watched it like 3 days in a row recently, cuz I had the music stuck in my head. Such good stuff. Alisson Janney is hilarious in it.

The last new movie I saw was Paranormal Activity 2. It was pretty fun to watch and a bit creepy, but not really scary to me. I think I was more excited about the first one, cuz in the second one you see some of the same stuff, but it was still good and I was psyched to see Sprague Grayden, Kat's Andie OC (the Lost one).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ending was SO powerful in The Boy In The Stripped Pajamas.

I love films based on World War II and I.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching 30 Days Of Night: Dark Days (the second movie), and it's actually not bad so far. It's interesting. Plus, on the cover, it says it makes Twilight look like nursery school (LOL doesn't it already? Sparkling vamps??) so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am watching Radio Flyer; this movie puts serious knots in my stomach; such a good story but I hate 'The King'.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Risky Business; I had only seen bits and pieces. Finally saw the whole thing and I never knew what 'Risky Business' really meant until this movie.

I finally got to watch Toy Story 3, such a good way to either stop or continue on. I think the story could go either way; with ending it or continuing it.

I was SO glad they said something about Bo Peep because since I was a fan I've loved Annie Potts work.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Toy Story 3 tonight too. xD I think it's supposed to be the last one and I wouldn't want them to continue with a new character. The story was about how they were Andy's toys and now he's all grown up and the ending was happy and they don't really need to add more. But they probably could continue if they wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: