Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The End of the World" by Captain Freya
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: "The End of the World" by Captain Freya Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The End of the World" 06-12-2008
October 2008 contest submission. What if Jack and Kate werent the cutesy couple weve come to know and love? What if they were sadistic, suicidal alcoholics who were a danger to themelves and others? Would they help each other or destroy themselves?
Big thank yous to Kait for my slightly scary vid pic! Lol
Song: The Ghost of You by My Chemical Romance
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 3:24 (25.8B WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DGJj1tH2Fzk
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My! That was seriously messed up Freya..but I LOVED IT...my favorite parts were the montage of scenes were he was beating her up and then that scene where it looked like he was raping her...I don't know what that says about me...but those scenes were soo cool! Oh and I almost forgot...that Juliet scene was creepy where Kate just let it happen and looked all happy...and the ending was in your words "ace"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: The End of the World by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Yay... Thanks Nikki "Seriously messed up" is pretty much what I was going for! I tried to make it kinda ambiguous - It was all a bit more hardcore but I toned it down in the interests of good taste - Thought some subtle(ish) suggestion might be more effective. And yay for the creepy Juliet scene - I didn't know if it was clear enough what was going on. Anyhoo, I'm so glad you liked it.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was sooo frakkin' crazy and amazing at the same time! It was insanely dark and so much was happening at once, I LOVED it, Freya. The manips (like the sex/drug use scenes), the beat use, the song, the whole crazy story ... it was all awesome and trippy!! You continue to outdo yourself, hon, this was great. Btw, I'm with Nikki, I like the creepy Juliet part! I can't wait for your next vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: The End of the World by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thank you! That's always nice to hear..
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: The End of the World by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Awesome!!! So many great AU scenes in there! And WOOO for a My Chemical Romance song!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh Wow Freya!!!!!!!! That was awesome
The manipped scenes were so good OMG WOW the ending that was awesomness
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that I found the many non-matching backgrounds a bit distracting, but the vid was brilliant nonetheless! So intense and very well edited with all the quick cuts, especially towards the end of the vid. Loved the bit with Juliet at the beginning of the vid. It was totally scary, but so well done. The expression and that evil smile on Kate's face gave me the creeps!
And the ending, you totally sold me on that! For a sec, I thought there would be a happy ending but then Just wow!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Freya,
this was really dark! Loved the way you put all the clips together! it was totally believable! the manips were ALL greatly done! and.. OMG at the ending, didn t expect it! awesome job

Last edited by fabri086 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
july

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: The End of the World by Captain Freya Reply with quote

OMG !!! I loved this vid!!! Great ending!!!!
Kdee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song is amazing and the pace and beat-use makes this vid so intense!
Congrats, i have seen so many vids with this song but this is definitly my favorite.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: The End of the World by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Oh, awesome! This was dark! But I really liked it I really loved towards the end, all the quick clips of the drinking/drug taking and abuse-that was pretty cool! Great job, Freya!
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: The End of the World by Captain Freya Reply with quote

AHH that was NUTS (which means I completely and absolutely LURVED it!!) The whole thing was brilliant, but I especially loved the whole drug/alcohol induced trippy/shaky/falling over part. AHAMAZING!! <333

xxx
-Kait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ostia2006
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: The End of the World by Captain Freya Reply with quote

This was great I love the editing and beat use. Good song choice.

Well done! ostia x
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched this again Freya...and its even better the second time...i caught more things...like when he's injecting Kate with something...that entire sequence was so trippy and weird and I forgot to mention last time that I thought your Jex scene was superb! Your vids definitely require multiple viewings!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: