Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOST vidding block... and Vegas!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: LOST vidding block... and Vegas! Reply with quote

Okay...

You may have noticed that I haven't submitted a LOST video in quite some time... and I wish that weren't the case but...

I HAVE VIDDING BLOCK FOR LOST!!!!!!!!

It's not that I don't have ideas... it's just that I don't have the motivation to fully map out the story of the video and hunt down clips and finish it. Like... The LOST Musical 3 was due back in MAY!!! May for crying out loud. It's almost July.

And the real pity is that I have Vegas now!!! I always felt so limited by Widows Movie Maker before... like I had all these great ideas for videos but I couldn't make them truly great because of the software I was using (which is total bull, btw, because I've seen some really phenomenal stuff made with WMM) and now I finally have better software but no motivation to use it...

...at least for LOST videos.

I HAVE been using Vegas.

But not for LOST videos. (Well, there was one... but it's just clips made pretty with glow.) I've made two fully Sony Vegas videos from scratch. One was for Iron Man, the other, for The Incredible Hulk.

I would appreciate input from Vegas users on things I could improve on both of them... as I'm happy to get any pointers I can. And even if you don't use Vegas, I'd love to know what you think of them. I wish I could offer a LOST video done in Vegas... but not yet.

Iron Man "Blow Me Away" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4jizVAm-I

The Incredible Hulk "Diary of Jane" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpSn07plvi4

Alright... well.... there you have it. If you have any ideas on how to un-LOST vidding block me, feel free to share!!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves Stick of Removing Vidder's Block over you*

Man, I wish it was that easy, lol! You might've noticed that I went nearly a year between my last two Lost vids and now it's been almost 4 months from "Only Hope." Yet I've vidded for several other fandoms in this amount of time. I'm always struggling to get back to Lost but a very wise person once told me that fandoms "speak" to you sometimes. In other words, you feel so inspired by them that you just have to vid for them (or make icons or whatever else fannish thing you want to do). But when a fandom stops speaking to you in that way, it becomes VERY hard to make something for it.

So I've found that no matter how much I want to vid for Lost, I have to wait until something speaks to me in such a way that I can't keep myself from vidding it. Otherwise, I'll never be able to get it done just through sheer "want-to" alone.

Congrats again on getting Vegas! You already know I loved your Iron Man one and I plan on watching the Hulk one very soon. I think the main thing, whether you're using WMM or Vegas or whatever, is just to vid whatever is speaking to you at the moment, whatever is inspiring you, and don't stress over it not being the fandom that you'd really rather it was. You may be kinda burned out on Lost right now and if you just take the pressure off of yourself to produce something, then you may find that the inspiration will actually come back!

That all probably isn't as helpful as a Stick of Removing Vidder's Block but I promise that, if I ever find one, I'll loan it to you as soon as I'm done waving it over myself, lol! ♥!
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
*waves Stick of Removing Vidder's Block over you*

Aislynn wrote:

I'm always struggling to get back to Lost but a very wise person once told me that fandoms "speak" to you sometimes. In other words, you feel so inspired by them that you just have to vid for them (or make icons or whatever else fannish thing you want to do). But when a fandom stops speaking to you in that way, it becomes VERY hard to make something for it.

So I've found that no matter how much I want to vid for Lost, I have to wait until something speaks to me in such a way that I can't keep myself from vidding it. Otherwise, I'll never be able to get it done just through sheer "want-to" alone.

Yeah... I guess LOST isn't speaking to me right now. It might have something to do with the fact that it's summer and LOST isn't on and all these awesome blockbuster movies are coming out now... I'm so easily distracted by guys with claws or green skin or really awesome metal flying suits!!

Aislynn wrote:

Congrats again on getting Vegas! You already know I loved your Iron Man one and I plan on watching the Hulk one very soon. I think the main thing, whether you're using WMM or Vegas or whatever, is just to vid whatever is speaking to you at the moment, whatever is inspiring you, and don't stress over it not being the fandom that you'd really rather it was.

Thanks! I'm really excited about it. Ever since I saw Iron Man I've been in full super hero mode. It's tough being in adrenaline filled super hero mode for two months!!! But I'm not burnt out yet! There's still Hancock and The Dark Knight to see and of course all the dreaming of X-men Origins: Wolverine and The Avengers movie. Thanks for the kind words Ais. I thought you'd understand. I remember looking at your vids page and thinking... "man, there's a big gap here!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: