Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kuliet - All I Want" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: "Kuliet - All I Want" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Kuliet - All I Want" 06-22-2008
Kate is with Jack but she is in love with Juliet and is torn between a life she thinks she should want and one that would make her truly happy. Which one will she choose? Thanks go to Kait for the spectacular vid pic!
Song: All I Want by Susie Suh
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 4:20 (30mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRHQGY6p1NQ
http://www.zshare.net/video/140303782c6a0e4d/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I normally don't watch slash, but there are rare exceptions, and since it's your vid, I had to check it out. I was not disappointed. First of all, it looked like it was tough to make. I wouldn't have even known where to start, so awesome job.

As I mentioned before, I thought that the little wave bit was super sweet, how Kate's all smiley, and Juliet smiles like as a first instinct, but then looks unsure. It's so bittersweet and shows the real angsty-ness behind the relationship. You captured that well in that scene. I also loved when Juliet looks at "Aaron" and smiles, and Kate kind of has this dark look. Again with the angst. hehe I also really liked the exchange - "I love you" "Awesome" "Let's get going". I'm not sure why, but it just totally worked, and sounded like them. Nice. Another thing, was that it was cool how you showed her being happy with both of them. She cared for Juliet, but it was also obvious that she loved Jack/their son, so it was very conflicted. I'm confused about the ending. I'm not sure I quite got it. All that time she still had feelings for Sawyer, or what? Either way, gold, Nik. You did a great job on this one, don't worry.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol; sassy your suck a skater; read what you wrote at the end "all that time she still had feelings for sawyer." lol.

nikki that was such a cool vid!! i loved it!! i loved Kate's anguish at loving Juliet but not being able to deal with being gay and feeling so torn between her normal life and happiness. and she chose the former in the end!! so sad! i loved the last bit with the crying audio. what was that scene from?

im so glad you did another Kuliet vid!!!

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But at the end, it sounded like Kate said, "God, Sawyer". lol Did I totally miss something?

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that'd be kinda weird since Sawyer's not mentioned at all in the vid. lemme go listen again. you mean the end scene of Kate and Juliet hugging/crying? the audio to me sounds like Kate says:

"I can't stay. *cries* God I'm sorry. *cries*"

maybe the sorry sounds like sawyer?

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was very very confused. lol Lemme listen again, cuz I figured she used the audio from "I Do" that I'm used to hearing. *watches* Ok, you're right. It sounds like "I'm sorry" now. That's so weird. xD Thanks.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuliet!! Yay!! (This is probably the only kind of relationship I'd love to see Kate in: with another woman... or Hurley )

Anyway, that was amazing, Nikki! I was totally absorbed by your vid and this doesn't happen too often, I can tell you. Amazing storytelling and great work on the AU moments and the audio.

Sequel, please? I need a happy ending!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Kuliet - All I Want by nikkimonique Reply with quote

That was fab Nikki, I loved it The scene maips were great and the stroyline was really cool. My favourite part was the "I love you", "awesome" bit
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video Nikki I really like Kuliet
I loved the use of the audio at the beginning worked well Ooooh the audio when they were in the trees, wow that was cool
Great video, enjoyed watching!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassy...wow! Long comment! Glad you enjoyed it...lol couldn't help but laugh that you thought she said Sawyer...but yeah Kat is right she says, "God I'm sorry." So basically...she really wants to stay with Juliet but she just can't do it.

Kat, it means a lot that you liked it so much b/c your Kuliet vids are amazing! The end scene is from Gia. I'm glad you thought it worked well...and I'm glad you understood the audio...

Karolina, Thanks! Yeah, Kate with another woman would be really interesting..haha...hmmmm a sequel huh? I'll give it some thought.

Emma, thanks! I'm glad everyone is enjoying the "awesome" part so much.
I was going to put some different audio in there but then left it b/c it was funny and kind of sarcastic like, "Yeah I know you love me but we can't do anything about it b/c of you and I'm annoyed." type of response.

Charlie, Yay! Thanks so much...glad you enjoyed the audio.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Kuliet - All I Want by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Oh wow!! That was so wickedly awesome!! Soo dramatic and emotional, and seriously believable!! Excellent manipped scenes!! <333

Loved it!! Gold from me =)
-Kait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kait! So happy you liked it!

fabri086
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki.. WOW!
this was so incredibly awesome! great Kuliet vid, and I appreciated it even more since you added Jate in it! really perfect! loved your manips and the ending was sooo sad and touching! Congrats hun, amazing vid

Last edited by fabri086 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Fabri...glad you enjoyed the Jate in it.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Kuliet - All I Want by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Really nicely done, Nikki. Um...I dunno what else to say except, great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: