Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Maybe" by IamSoLostRightNow
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: "Maybe" by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Maybe" 05-12-2008
An Ana Lucia Character study. Maybe all she needed was to be loved.
Song: Maybe by Kelly Clarkson
Vidder: IamSoLostRightNow
Length: 3:55 (22.3MB mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XMlgTW-dFc
http://www.zshare.net/video/119336550c29d34a/

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a perfect Ana Lucia vid!! She's one of my all-time favourite characters (I miss her!! ) on the show and it's so good to see a vid about her every once in a while, especially when it's as great as this one here. I had to favourite it right away on YT because I enjoyed it so much that I will probably watch it a few more times.

Thank you for this wonderful vid!!! *hugs*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Your Ana vid is up! I'm going to comment as I go along. lol

Ooh, I liked the floating clips at the beginning, it was really cool. I also thought that your scene comparisons throughout were very interesting and made of awesome, like Ana sitting and talking to Goodwin, then it flashing to her talking with Libby, then drinking with Jack's dad/then Jack etc. Your cookie cutter scene overlays :42-47 looked nice, I like how they went to the music and the "I'm confusing as hell" part was great as well, with the little bit of beat use and good clip choices you had there. All the beat use from 2:34 (especially with the Jack/Ana bit) to like 3:05 was awesome too. This song works well for Ana, great job, Yael! This was an excellent character study! I love how you pretty much brushed over her entire story, and the dialogue at the end tied it all together somehow, I enjoyed this a lot. You should be proud!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Maybe by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Great video:) I love the song and it's realy good for an Anna Lucia video!
Luthien3329
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very good! It feels like this song is perfect for her, your lyric interpretetion was great! I love the end the most. Editing was awesome!

banners by Deia and me
*Sorry but my English hates me*
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM- You are sooooo welcome! lol I actually have to say that I owe you a thanks as well. Your Ana Lucia Character study was really one of the only Ana Lucia videos that inspired me while I was making this video. I really miss Ana Lucia too! I hope you continue to enjoy this video and watch it whenever you want. Thanks for favoritting!

Sassy- Yes, it's finally up!!! wow.... I mean started this thing in March! I am soo happy I finished! Thanks for the running commentary. I think you, my friend, are made of awesome. It's nice to be recognized for all the little things I worked so hard for. I am indeed very proud. Thanks so much!

Lost-majs- Thank you. It's such a great song and fit someone who is tough on the outside but sensitive on the inside like Ana.

Luthien3329 Yeah the interpretation could be tricky at times I think I edited out like :30 seconds of the original song. But the concept was just so fitting, I had to find a way to make it work. Thanks so much!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing character study Yawl!!! The clips and editing flowed right with the lyrics!! It was simply beautiful!!! I loved the ending especially, just an amazing job with song/clip choice and editing!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Yael! I'm soo happy to finally see this up! I've been so excited about it ever since you sent me that little preview. I'm really happy you kept the version I liked with her mom!! There were so many beautiful parts! My favorite when she was running and you had scenes of her life flashing by! That was brilliant! I also really loved the end too when you had the shot of her body and then the funeral and the "People don't like me" line....really made me weepy! Gold all the way Yael! I know how extremely hard it is to make a good character study and you went way beyond awesome with this one!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meli24
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Maybe by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Beautiful Ana vid! Great beat use and I loved the coloring and the moving clips at the beginning and the overlays with her running at the end. The editing was perfect! nice song choice too:)
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, this was a fantastic character study, and the song choice was had "Ana Lucia" written all over it! Perfect song for her! I miss Ana so much, I've always liked her. This vid really showed the good, the bad, and the realness, everything Ana feels was shown wonderfully. All of the "Maybe you'll love me" and "Maybe" lines were soooo great. The audio at the end was just perfect. Your beat use, clip use, song, vid, was beyond spectacular. You really put 100% into this video, I could tell you really thought about the lyrics, and they fit so well with Ana. Well done!! *claps* hehe.

lifeinthesnowglobe
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring back Ana Lucia
wonderful vid!!!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Maybe by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Great Ana character vid! Great beat use and the song choice was right-on for her.
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey- So I'm "Yawl" now? thanks a lot you Texan you! I'm so glad you think it had all those makings of a great video and that it flowed well. Sometimes I worry about that. I am glad it worked! Yay!

Nikki Awww Nikki, you're so sweet! Yeah, it feels so long ago that I sent you the earlier version. Thanks for helping decide what was the right way to go. It definitely work out in the end. I'm glad you liked the end! I was also leaning a couple different ways with that, but I really liked the idea of her running on the lines "I just want to be loved by you/and I won't stop." The audio was actually my sister's idea. Character studies are challenging because I feel like I only have this one 4 min shot to get all aspects of the character in there and do them justice. (especially to someone that died!). Thanks again!

Meli24- Yay someone commented on the coloring! Hehe, this was my first time actually working with a program that did serious color-correcting. It was a challenge, but I had fun with it. The Final Cut program was also the reason the beginning and the end were awesome. I could never do such cool effects with my old program. I'm so happy I could improve the quality of my vids. Thanks for commenting!

Kate- WOW your comment truly touched me. You just hit on everything I wanted to convey. It's always my ultimate goal with every video to have someone watch it and just "get it" I really do put in a lot of time and thought into these videos and comments like yours make it all worth it. Thanks so much.

lifeinthesnowglobe- I AGREE!!! so unfair that she died . Thanks so much for your comment and welcome to LVI!

Uruviel- Thanks so much for watching and commenting! AND for that CP! AMAZING! I am sooooo excited!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Maybe by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

That was ace. I now hate Kelly Clarkson AND Ana Lucia a little bit less! So, yay! Lol.. I really liked the colouring and the effects and your lyric interpretation was ace.
CharCassie24
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Maybe by IamSoLostRightNow Reply with quote

Wow I am completely blown away by this. Character studies have always been my favorite and you do them really well. Awesome!!! I LOVE the part towards the end when she's running on the beach
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: