Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Contest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zodiac48
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: June Contest? Reply with quote

will the june contest be a video recap of season 4, or maybe of just the finale?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually do the season recaps right before the next season begins to sort of get everybody in the mood for Lost starting back up again as well as to kinda remember all the great moments from the last season. So it'll probably be a little while before that one comes up.
VPnymph
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think we could do as one of the contests... probably a Februrary one to be fair, but you have to do a Romance video to your least favourite ship. i.e. for me it would be Jate? xxx

Last edited by VPnymph on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
SarraSurvivor
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was a contest mine would be Jate too.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe thats a good idea! Although I don't really have a least favorite ship ...Don't hate on Jate guys...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKKI saying DON'T HATE ON JATE!!!???!!! what is up with the universe? never thought id hear your little skatey heart say that

I dont thnk i have a least fave ship either. maybe sawyer and ana?

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't hate any ships either.

Also I think we had a discussion about this in the ideas thread. I think we came to the conclusion that the problem would be that there would be no way to tell for sure if that was a ship you actually hated. (although it would definitely be easy to tell for some people )

Last edited by IamSoLostRightNow on Wed May 21, 2008 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a really great sort of personal challenge, to see if you can sell a ship that you don't actually like! It's always good to try and "stretch" as a vidder every now and again and kinda break out of your norm. (Says the Skater who's working on a Skate vid, lol! )

And you're correct, Aggi, we usually do some sort of romance idea for the Feb contest. ♥!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
NIKKI saying DON'T HATE ON JATE!!!???!!! what is up with the universe? never thought id hear your little skatey heart say that

I dont thnk i have a least fave ship either. maybe sawyer and ana?

lol Kat...well Jate has really grown on me this season. I guess if I had to pick a least favorite ship it would be Boone and Shannon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VPnymph
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
This is actually a really great sort of personal challenge, to see if you can sell a ship that you don't actually like! It's always good to try and "stretch" as a vidder every now and again and kinda break out of your norm. (Says the Skater who's working on a Skate vid, lol! )

And you're correct, Aggi, we usually do some sort of romance idea for the Feb contest. ♥!

Yeah, I am still loving Skate but I'm kind of stuck in the past with season 1 or 2 skate where they were just so cool... and Kate wasn't hamming up the triangle! hehe.

But I do think it would be a cool idea, it is kind of a personal challenge, and I do think many songs fit Jate amzingly... I don't deny that Kate also loves Jack, just that Sawyer is a lot better for her... anyway, I don't want my sugesstion to start up some more shipping wars! hehe. xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: