Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kissing You [Jate AU]" by Captain Freya

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: "Kissing You [Jate AU]" by Captain Freya Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Kissing You [Jate AU]" 05-12-2008
Sometimes the end is just the beginning... A car crash ends a poignant day in the lives of Jack and Kate.
Song: Kissing You (Instrumental) by Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 3:17 (11.5MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP704-4SkhQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP704-4SkhQ

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that was so sad but so poignantly done at the same time! I loved how you handled the timeline like that, backing up through the day, then the fast-forward part to the end! *applause*

And I've seen a lot of attempts at making Jack "jump" off that bridge (I even tried it myself, lol! ) but the final shot you used was an awesome choice and very convincing! Great work!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks Aislynn. I always love your comments. *applause* always warms my heart! I've had the idea with the water for a while but I could never think of an storyline where the events would be bad enough to make him kill himself. Then the last episode happened and I was just like "Oh, the tragedy!..."
Smithers

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

This video was freaking awesome! I loved the whole idea and how well it worked. I loved the reversing then fast forwarding thing, 'twas really clever. Well Done !
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks dear. I stole the idea from an Alicia Keyes video but the fast forwardey idea was all my own. Thanks again
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks dear. I stole the idea from an Alicia Keyes video but the fast forwardey idea was all my own. Thanks again

I was gonna comment and say that's what it reminding me of! Too bad
Spoiler:

Jack dies in the end

You are so super creative, but beyond that you are also very good at technically executing your storyline and ideas. Great job!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Wow... thank you. That's so nice of you. Ohhh - that's such a lovely comment
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Freya!!!!!!!!! You made me cry! That ending just killed me!! Okay I don't even know where to begin!! ummmm loved how the video went backwards!!! LOVED the car crash scene! My heart sank when Jack was saying Kate's name and freaking out! Loved the scene when she tells him she's pregnant and my all time favorite part was all the sped scenes and then the end!! But I'm sooo sad now and one more thing...you're brilliant Freya!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Natih
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

OMG Freya!!!!!!!!! You made me cry! [2]

watching a fan video...I hate u LOL

seriously...that was soooo heart wrenching
Beautifuly done...again...excellent job!!!
Natih
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

OMG Freya!!!!!!!!! You made me cry! [2]

watching a fan video ...I hate u LOL

seriously...that was soooo heart wrenching
Beautifuly done...again...excellent job!!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

OMG! That was so great! Love how it went backwards in time and then fast-forwarded at the end! The very last shot is great (sad, but well-done!!).
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

That was so gorgeous!!!! And so sad but so well done. Very clever with the going back in time and surprisingly easy to follow the speeding it up at the end was perfect and the very end was so sad. nice use of that last clip as well
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Making people cry makes me feel disturbingly powerful. I think I'm drunk on power! Mwahahah... Anyway, I'm glad you all liked it - It's really different from anything I've done before so I was worried people were gonna be like WTF?! so yay! that you all like it
Imaginary Peanut Butter
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

OMG.

This was soo amazing.

The song, the clips, the storyline... Another great video
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Kissing You [Jate AU] by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thank you. I'm glad someone mentioned the song.. This was like, my third version cause I tried out loads of songs before I found one that fit. Glad you liked it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: