Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: SV Recommendations Reply with quote

Hey all! I just wanted sort of, an opinions poll.

I'm using Sony Vegas 6 and am looking to upgrade sometime soon. I know SV 8 is their newest out I believe.

So to those who are using, like SV 7, SV 8, or platinum additions, tell me what you like/don't like about your vidding program, the strengths and weaknesses and how highly you would recommend it.

I would like to know some of features the newer programs have that my SV 6 doesn't.

Thanks!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used 8 before I used seven and I've also used a platinum version and in all honestly i dont really know the difference except that season 8 is set out differently. I know people who still use 6 and make great vids. As I said I use seven and i find it perfectly awesome but I'm not even sure that there's much difference between 6 and 7, lol. sos for not being more helpful

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe well thanks, I wanted to have a slight idea of what the other ones have, and it seems like the layout in 8 is just a little more fancy or something lol.

Thanks again
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah; fancy's probably the word, lol i dont think its any better tho. i highly recommend seven; its been working well for me for about a year now

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely keep that in mind.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, version 7 was the best one. 6 is also fine, but I had the impression that rendering took longer here. I'm currently using version 8 because 7, all of a sudden, stopped working on my computer... I couldn't open it anymore and I couldn't even re-isntall it. Don't ask me why, I never understood it. I was happier with 7 though. It seemed to be more stable. 8 is often causing some trouble when I want to use colour effects and it's so annoying. *sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw that sucks Kaja! I wonder what caused it but I'll definitely keep 7 in mind just hope if I get it, that it doesn't do to me what it did to you
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 7 and had the demo of 6 I must say for me I love 7
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooangeliceviloo wrote:
Aw that sucks Kaja! I wonder what caused it but I'll definitely keep 7 in mind just hope if I get it, that it doesn't do to me what it did to you

I don't think it will. I think I'm the first and possibly only person on earth it ever happend to (at least, I haven't heard about this happening to anyone else). I don't know why it happened, but... strange enough as it already is... I wasn't even able to re-install the program after re-installing Windows I suppose the *.exe-file must be damaged... meh... I'm fine with Vegas 8, it's even faster than 7 when it comes to rendering, but 7 was actually the more stable and reliable version.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds familiar.

The first video I created, I made with WMM and after that vid, the program crashed. Couldn't open it, couldn't uninstall or reinstall, and even I tried updating the program, it still wouldn't work. /shudders
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: