Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In The End" by KajaM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToxicTrashAlarm
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: In The End by KajaM Reply with quote

Wow! This is a great song for the situation thats Michael's in atm. Great work!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate: Thank you so much for your kind words, hon!! I'm glad you liked the "In the end it doesn't even matter" parts. This line was the main reason why I wanted to use the song for a Michael vid... cause the Others (and as matter of fact he himself, too) ruined his life and it really doesn't seem to matter much anymore as he lost everything he ever cared for.
Thanks again for watching and commenting!!

Erin: Heya, hon!! Long time no see!!! Where have you been for so long? It's great to have you back!! And, squee, you brought a new PB&J vid along with you!! I'll have a look at it in a moment.
Thank you for watching and commenting! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Charlie: Thank you so much for your great comment!! *hugs* It's good to hear that you thought the song worked well for Mike. That's what I was hoping for As for the colouring, I wanted the vid to look dark and depressing as I find Mike's story very dark and depressing.
Thanks again for your comment!!

Heather: A beat use comment from the Queen of Beat Use!! Yay!! Thanks, Heather, that means a lot to me!!! I'm also glad that you liked the red flashes. I thought the vid could do with second colour that breaks through all this darkblue colouring.
Thanks again for commenting!

Joon: Thank you, love!! It's always great to hear from you!! Are you already working on a sequel to your Lost Files vid? I so can't wait to see it!!! Thanks for watching and commenting!!

Luthien: Thanks so much!! I'm glad you liked the ending. I wasn't to sure which scene to use for the ending... I thought that a happy ending wouldn't fit in here, so it had to be a sad, dark one and that's why I chose the scene between Mike and Sayid. I really hope there will be a happy end for Michael and Walt, but I somehow doubt it.
Oh, and your from Poland!! I don't think I'd noticed that before. That's so cool! I was born in Poland and I still have family there Where in Poland do you live??

Fabri: Thank you so much for your kind words, Fabri!! It's always great to hear that the character study was good. That's what I was aiming for and I appreciate your comment a lot! Thank you!!!

Pauly: Thank you so much, Paul!! I'm glad you liked the overlays at the end of the vid. Are you working on any new Lost vids. I'm sooo waiting and hoping to see a new Desmond vid from you sooner or later.

Sassy: Thank you so much for watching, commenting and even favouriting. It means a lot to me!! Oooohhhh, it would be so cool if you made a Michael vid!! There are so few Michael vids out there and I always totally enjoy watching them. You could use the song "Fall Away" by The Fray. It would work perfectly well for Mike.

cappy: Thanks for your wonderful comment, cappy!! I feel the same way about Michael: He did some absolutely horrible things, no doubt about that, but he wanted to protect and save his child and it's punishment enough for him that the images of Libby and Ana Lucia will probably haunt him for the rest of his life. I don't see a happy ending for the poor guy anyway... let's just hope that Ben won't put him into even greater misery.

Quote:
Yes, I am still your shameless adoring fan!

Why thank you!!! I only hope that I won't disappoint you with any of my future Lost/Harry Potter vids.

Deia: Thank you, Deia!! I'm glad you enjoyed it even though the song is pretty over-used. Well, it's Linkin Park's own fault, isn't it? Why do the guys have to make such a viddable music, huh?
Thank you once more for watching and commenting. It means a lot!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelsea: Sorry, we must've cross-posted, that's why I missed your comment. Anyway, thank you so much for your kind words!! I'm glad you liked the song choice. I feel quite sorry for the poor guy, even in spite of the horrible thing's he's done. Looks like quite a hopeless situation for him, huh?
Thank you again for your comment!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, new and rusty vid. I've been here and there, finally have a computer capable of holding lots of clips, vids, music, and that can run programs better than my old one. I'm still using Vegas 6 so I do need to upgrade that, hopefully soon.
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was SO awesome, Karolina!! I really loved the softer use of the music - you chose to focus more on Michael's story than on hitting every single beat, and it worked especially well for this character, I think. The way you used the lyrics was REALLY great, and the way you kept revisiting Libby and Ana through the end of the video was perfect. I also really dug the colouring; to me, blue represents "cold" and "stark", and when you think about what kind of a person Michael has become - has been made into - then it's VERY fitting. On a more technical note, those flashes into red every now and then were MASTERFUL.

Wonderful vid!!

Supernatural Video Station
Luthien3329
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

Oh, and your from Poland!! I don't think I'd noticed that before. That's so cool! I was born in Poland and I still have family there Where in Poland do you live??

That's cool you were born in Poland! I should have presumed it, your name is Karolina, right? I live in Czeladz, it's near Katowice. So do you speak Polish? Where does your family live?

banners by Deia and me
*Sorry but my English hates me*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: In The End by KajaM Reply with quote

Funny how suicidal Michael gets the emo Linkin Park music
Still, so damn fitting for Michael! I just love this song, and I love what you did with it. The lyrics fit him perfectly (he really did put his trust in Ben, and risked everything to get off the island. But still, all it's brought him was misery). I particularly liked "you wouldn't even recognize me anymore", and that little drum beat near the end with the raft explosion.
Nicely done!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Natih
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: In The End by KajaM Reply with quote

WOW Kaja...gotta say I had to think twice before watching this cause honestly I'm not the biggest Michael fan...but since it is one of ur vids I took a shot...and dude, no regrets!! AWESOME editing...amazing effects...love the beats....u rock!!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: In The End by KajaM Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING!!! This was a really fantastic video, Kaja!!! I enjoyed it SOOO much! Really really well done! Is it available for download?
Manon
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: In The End by KajaM Reply with quote

whoaw...Michael is so not my favorite character but you really showed how great and sad his story in lost is! Really good video, great beat use, love the colouring, use of lyrics, everything! Amazing video
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayla: Hey, it's great to see you around again, hon!! Where have you been for so long? And *when* will I get a new Lost vid from you??? I'm on heavy withdrawal,you know
Anyway, thank you so much for watching and commenting!! I'm so happy to hear that you liked it.
I avoided to use every single beat in the song (... well, as a matter of fact I'm also not a good editor when it comes to beat use... ) because I thought it would spoil the story I was trying to tell. And I sure *had* to bring Ana Lucia und Libby in at the end of the vid because they're a very important part in Mike's story. Glad you liked the colouring, too. I was hoping it would make the vid look dark and depressing... just the way Mike's life is atm.
Thank you again for your great comment!

Luthien: I was born in Cieszyn which is at the border to Czech. My family still lives in that area. My mom and I, we went to Germany when I was four years old. I understand pretty much everything when people are talking in Polish and I still speak it more or less fluently but I must admit that my German and even my English skills are much, much better. Oh, and yes, my name is Karolina. What's your name, by the way? (Or is Luthien your real name?)

Warren: Thanks so much for another great comment!! I'm glad you liked the "wouldn't even recognize me anymore" part because that particular line was one of the main reasons why I wanted to use the song for a Mike vid. And *lol*, doesn't suicidal Mike and emo Linkin Park work perfectly well together?

Natih: Wow, I'm so happy to hear that you gave the vid a try even though you don't like Michael. Thank you, it means so much to me!! You know, surprisingly I got a lot of very positive comments on the vid from people who don't like him at all and it's so great to hear that even they enjoy your vid. So thank you so much!!

eloramoon: Thank you so much for your kind words!! And yes, I do have a download link. Here you go:
http://www.zshare.net/video/11128845838a453b/
Thank you again for watching and commenting!! *hugs*

Manon: Thank you so much for commenting!! I'm glad you liked the editing and it's just wonderful to hear that you liked the vid even though you're not a Mike fan. It means a lot, thank you!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Kayla: Hey, it's great to see you around again, hon!! Where have you been for so long? And *when* will I get a new Lost vid from you??? I'm on heavy withdrawal,you know

Wellll, I'm subscribed to you on YouTube, so I thought I'd come back over here and comment rather than leave one over there New Lost vid, well... I'm currently in the process of finishing up my last two vids for SPN (for a while; taking a break from vidding that show after over a year LOL), and I'm gonna make a couple movie vids, a Pushing Daisies one and I have a definite song in mind for a Jate vid, but I guess it's just finding the time and motivation to do it. I won't lie, I kind of "lost" my muse (if you'll forgive the pun) for this show, but I REALLY wanna make this Jate vid, so who knows? I'm very flattered that you said you were going through withdrawals, though! *squishes you*

Supernatural Video Station
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: In The End by KajaM Reply with quote

OMG Karolina! That was perfection! Amazing! I loved the emotion in this, I feel a lump in my throat This was a wonderful Michael video. I love Michael and I for one loved his ep this season so it was great to see this! Man, I don't know what to say! It was just all wonderful! I loved the bits with Sun and Walt (I do actually really like Mun ) and the parts with Libby and Ana. Wow. He's been through so much, poor Michael!

Excellent vid! I really loved it
ellibee
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: In The End by KajaM Reply with quote

That was amazing, the song was so perfect for michael, i loved the colouring aswell.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did I miss this one?!! I swear I've seen it in the video's page for ages...cant believe i havent seen it!

anyway; that aside; awesome vid!! this song is perfect for michael and Lost in general. love how you used the sun parts in there as someone else he'd lost and you showed his guilt and regret from killing ana and libby really well. sweet colours too ;P im always scared to use them, lol but you do it so well! loved the ending too; it really encompassed the whole vid gold!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: