Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4X09- The Shape of Things to Come Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sawyer treating Claire like his little sister or whatever. I also like Conmama AU, but I don't want it on the show at all!!! It's much too soon since Charlie died!!

art by me&tammy
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great episode. An intense episode, but a good one. I happen to like the fact that Sawyer is invincible!!! Bout' time!!! He gets the crap kicked out of him on a constant basis. It really isn't fair.
And to address someone's *COUGH* Sassy! *COUGH* problem with Sawyer's grammer... let me just inform you about we Southerners. Grammar ain't our top priority. Does anyone know the phrase "Fixin to"? I use it all the time. It means "I'm going to" in fancy-shmancy terms. Like

"What are you doin'?"
"I'm fixin' to go to the store."

See?

Sawyer says things "wrong" all the time and I think nothing of it because... well...it's my culture. We aren't all uncultured, uneducated inbred swine!! We just have our own way of sayin things! Like that wonderful quote from season 2:

"There's a new sheriff in town boys! Ya'll best get used to it!"

On the LOST Calendar, that was Sawyer's quote. However they changed it to make it grammatically correct so it said "There's a new sheriff in town boys! Ya'll better get used to it!" I tried for a long time to imagine him saying it that way but... it just doesn't sound as good... or as SAWYER!!!

I love my Sawyer boy... and all his quirks!

Last edited by FrecklesPhoenix on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm getting picked on today. I was simply making a joke. I love Sawyer, so I pick on him sometimes. And I'm not just some Californian, ignorant to everything outside of it. I have family from the South, and I do understand how you talk sometimes. Of course I've heard "fixin to". The only reason I commented on that, is because his sentence changed the whole meaning of the sentence and I found it amusing. Double negatives do that too, of course, but this was different altogether. I found it hilarious, but silly at the same time. I think most people do know where to place your adjectives...but again, mostly I was joking. Sorry if I offended you, because I certainly wasn't taking a stab at people from the South. I love my family, and I love Sawyer (and his wonderful accent!). I was simply pointing something out that amused/confused me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Wow, I'm getting picked on today. I was simply making a joke. I love Sawyer, so I pick on him sometimes. And I'm not just some Californian, ignorant to everything outside of it. I have family from the South, and I do understand how you talk sometimes. Of course I've heard "fixin to". The only reason I commented on that, is because his sentence changed the whole meaning of the sentence and I found it amusing. Double negatives do that too, of course, but this was different altogether. I found it hilarious, but silly at the same time. I think most people do know where to place your adjectives...but again, mostly I was joking. Sorry if I offended you, because I certainly wasn't taking a stab at people from the South. I love my family, and I love Sawyer (and his wonderful accent!). I was simply pointing something out that amused/confused me.

No you didn't offend me!!! I'm just in a pickin' mood this evening! (Left over resentment about not going to prom ain't worn off yet... )

Anyway, you didn't get me, I just like to rant about grammar because I get corrected all the time by both of my English Major parents!!!
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what... I'm sorry Sass. I really should post when I'm feeling resentful or sad about something else that's going on in my life... I always come off sounding harsh and you're usually the one that gets fired at!!!

Again, sorry Sassy.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thank you. I feel better now. To be honest, I felt really attacked (I also did in your comment on my vid). You made me feel stupid, like I was completely ignorant of lifestyles aside from my own, or at least stuck up. And seeing as I actually have family from the South, it kinda stung...but that's alright. I get being upset about something and things coming out harsher than you meant for it too. It's no big deal.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing, I was so happy Sayid found Nadia because I'd really been counting on that... but then she gets killed. Jesus Christ. Poor poor Sayid. If I found him, I would love him and take him to a place where no one could hurt us!!!!! <3

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing, I was so happy Sayid found Nadia because I'd really been counting on that... but then she gets killed. Jesus Christ. Poor poor Sayid. If I found him, I would love him and take him to a place where no one could hurt us!!!!! <3

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Jourdan But I know! I was like "awww, they married!" But she's, like....dead... That's awful, it's true! Everyone he loves dies. Poor Sayid.

After sleeping on it I think I like this episode better. It was a little silly in some places, all good things get a little silly though I actually loved finding out Ben could "control" the smoke monster! Me Still can't believe what they did to Alex though. 16 years old, wow.
Luthien3329
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:

I totally agree with you. I would do the same thing.

banners by Deia and me
*Sorry but my English hates me*
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moo-hah! New Jate scene. I know I am late but

Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:

After sleeping on it I think I like this episode better. It was a little silly in some places, all good things get a little silly though

Yeah, me too. After first watching it, I was a bit disappointed, but now I like it a lot better.

icon by becca
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY.

The realization hit me that even though this was a good episode, I AM PISSED.

Danielle and Alex axed!?!????? WTF MAN!? *is very upset*

Freakin Danielle best not be gone.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
OKAY.

The realization hit me that even though this was a good episode, I AM PISSED.

Danielle and Alex axed!?!????? WTF MAN!? *is very upset*

Freakin Danielle best not be gone.

I second that! So much for the Rousseau's T_T
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so sad that the killed them after they finally met. I still think Danielle might be alive. But it was HORRIBLE, the way Alex died. It was like an execution. She was just a helpless kid. I'm excited for the next eppy, tho!

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: