Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Hill Jate/Skate" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: "The Hill Jate/Skate" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Hill Jate/Skate" 04-22-2008
Angsty Jate/Skate vid with an AU ending. More info on youtube. Huge thanks to Kate for making me this beautiful vid pic!
Song: The Hill by Marketa Irglova
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 4:42 (38mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNP0c5tWkxk
http://www.zshare.net/video/109517421d2dc3ce/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: The Hill Jate/Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Beautiful, Nikki! I love this video so much. The music is wonderful and you chose the perfect clips to go with it. I love the direction it took and the overall feel of the video. Wonderfully well done!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: The Hill Jate/Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Beautiful, Nikki! How heartbreaking! Gorgeous song and I agree, I like the feel of the video too. Really great job with this And random, I don't think you intended it, but when Kate was on the other side of the glass with Jack it looked like she was mouthing "Love you." or something. Lol. For some reason I thought that was a nice touch even if you didn't mean it to look like that =P
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Nikki! This was beautiful, and so sad! Even though it wasn't as crazy and AU as some of your vids, I still thought it was very well edited and creative. I especially liked the end for some reason, it was just so tragic. She gave up and went back, and Sawyer was still oblivious to all this. It was sad for all parties involved. Anyway, great vid. I enjoyed it!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: The Hill Jate/Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Great vid, Nikki! I must say that you don't use almost any effects but I always watch your videos very carefully. It's hard to keep my attention the whole vid if it isn't that good. Beautiful vid, honey!
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already left a comment on YT but I love this vid! It seems a shame that even when Jack was basically throwing himself at her she still went back to Sawyer but it shows the real poignancy behind their relationship so well done

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely video, Nikki! First, thanks for the credit, awww!
Your clip use was awesome, it matched this completely moving and sweet song perfectly. I loved how all of the clips faded off and in the begining they had sort of a freezing effect. That made it even more emotional and sweet. The ending was so sad, poor Jack, but every clip was so precious and touching, well done Nikki!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia, Thanks so much for commenting here and on youtube! You're so sweet!

Jemma, OMG, thank you for noticing that it looked like Kate was mouthing I love you...that was intentional ,actually...haha...so glad you picked up on it!!!

Sassy, Yay! I'm so glad you picked up on the end about her giving up and Sawyer being none the wiser about what was going on!! I was hoping I made that clear enough.

Luthien, thanks for your comment. I use a very basic editing program called imovie so I don't have many options for effects so I'm so happy you still enjoy my videos despite that.

CF, I know Jate is so tragic. The end I was trying to show that she knew Jack was never going to change so she gave up. Its not b/c she really wanted to be with Sawyer. She just wanted Jack to want her for who she really was.

Kate, Thanks again for the pic sweetie! Its gorgeous! I'm glad you liked the transitions I used.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fabri086
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Nikki! this is so beautiful! love when Jack says "I m not a murder" to Kate and then that close up on her face! and love the AU ending too, even though it s sad .. Kate ends with Sawyer, ! Great job, as always! Oh, and the song fits so well with the clips! AMAZING vid! 5* and faved on YT , too!

Last edited by fabri086 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToxicTrashAlarm
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: The Hill Jate/Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Great video! The song is just beautiful and fits so well.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:

Jemma, OMG, thank you for noticing that it looked like Kate was mouthing I love you...that was intentional ,actually...haha...so glad you picked up on it!!!

Yay! It was intentional! Even better!
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it Nikki! You resume in a perfect way how jate is.
jack is always yelling to kate, he never trust in her, he not respect her, he not accept her as she is. In another hand kate is submisse to him, always trying to get his approval,she's always humiliated by him.. In the future kate is complety different, now is jack that want her attention..but she's more mature now...PERFECT! *skater's POV*

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
CharCassie24
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was sooo sad and moving! You really pulled at our heartstrings here, especially Jaters. But I'll forgive ya This is an excellent vid.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job Nikki
The bit at 1.47 when it says about being on my knees, that part rocked with the clip you used aswell worked perfectly Loved the ending too!
Naphie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very good! Love how you made the video so simple, with almost no effects and such a calm song. This was seriously an amazing work. Very sweet.

Avatar made by me!! Banner made by Charlee!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: