Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules and Regulations! All Members Read and Respond
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Rules and Regulations! All Members Read and Respond Reply with quote

We've been thinking about this for a while. To help keep LVI a safe and fun place to visit and archive your videos we have decided that it has become time for us to implement a few rules. These will make it easier on us and allow for the site to maintain it's apperance. On that same note we want to hear what all of you think. Let us know if you think these rules are fair or not. If you have any idea of what we can add or change please let us know. I'm posting this now so that we don't just dump this on all of you. We want your input on them.

They go into effect July 1st. After reading through them please take a second to reply, this allows us to know not only that you read through them but it also gives you a chance to tell us your thoughts.

“Lost Video Island” 4.0 Rules and Regulations

The goal of LVI has always been to bring the best possible service to the Lost fandom. To continue to bring a quality service to our users we feel that we need to implement a few rules and regulations to keep LVI a fun and exciting place to visit while maintaining order. Please read the following rules and remember the last rule is the most important!

These rules go into effect July 1st 2005!

Rules

1) No vidder can submit more then 5 videos in a month (contest entries do not apply to this amount).

Note: We have found in our experience that if a vidder can make multiple new videos in a single day quality is usually the first aspect to go. This is being implemented as a rule to hopefully encourage people to take extra time to perfect their videos before submitting them. If you are a new vidder to LVI and would like to submit more then 5 videos in a month to get your profile updated with all of your work then please contact us via the message board or e-mail. Let us know your circumstances and we will gladly accommodate you and your videos.

2) When submitting you must use different pictures for each of your entries. Any vidder that uses the same picture on multiple videos will be contacted to resubmit their videos before they get posted to the site.

3) Make sure the vidder name category is filled out before submitting to the site. If your video is submitted missing the vidder name the video will not be posted to site and you will have to resubmit.

4) NO CLIP THEFT is permitted on LVI. If you are accused of clip theft the video(s) in question will be pulled from the site while they are investigated. If they are proven to contain clips taken from another fan video the video in question will immediately be deleted from the site and the vidder given a warning. After the warning if it happens again the vidder will be banned from LVI.

Note: If you have any questions about what clip theft is please visit our forum where we will gladly define clip theft for you. If you believe you have seen a video on LVI that contains stolen clips please contact us privately with the name of the video you believe the clips were stolen from and the video you noticed the theft in. We will immediately look into the accusation and contact all parties concerned in the incident.

5) If you want to submit multiple versions of a video (i.e. different size, different host, or new link) then please find the link to your video on the message board and submit the new link(s) making it clear to the moderators that you want that new link posted with the main link. If you notice after a few days, that a moderator has not made the adjustment please PM one and the update will be done as quickly as possible. Make sure to include the file size of the new video link (if it is the same size as the original entry this does not apply). DO NOT resubmit the same video just to provide a new link.

6) Be respectful of other members.

7) Have FUN!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa okay first response! Just got home from a 12 hour workshift, so my brain is swiss cheese, pardon any mistakes.

1) 5 videos a month rule - I think its a great idea! Personally I started to feel bad when I saw people, who shall remain nameless, submitting new videos like every day. I have been suffering some serious vidder-block, so this made me feel worse. I think one should only submit a video they themselves are REALLY proud of. I have about 10 other videos I didnt submit, because I just dont like them enough to be on here. I agree 100% about the quality. The "Return to Innocence" video was a huge process- and usually a video I would submit, depending on what else is going on (I have 3 jobs now, so you do the math)- but when I first graduated college and had no job, RTI took me maybe a month, from embyronic idea to final result. I always go from the song first, then editing the song, then the huge task of clips, etc. Im anal about the music and clips matching too. I think a problem for a lot of people is thye feel they HAVE to finish in a day or the day they started. Not true! Sometimes Ill be lying in bed trying to go to sleep and a scene that matches a lyric or music I had been stumped at matching will just "POP" in there. I think the more time spent on creating what you really wanted for your video will really show in the end. Honestly, I didnt know RTI would be so well liked. It was worth the time.

2) Different pix- have people been that lazy?

3) No problemo!

4) NO CLIP THEFT- this is an awesome one. We are a pretty friendly community (although I feel familiar vibes of competitiveness, something that had never suited me, coming across these boards now). If someone is having trouble getting ahold of something- ASK! Its a labor of love for most of us, no one is making any money- we are happy to share.

BTW- has this happened?

5) Multiple versions thing- good.

6) Be respectful of other members- an excellent notion which really has been flushed down the crapper over at the LOST-Forum.

7) Have FUN!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Rocksiren, for just coming off a 12 hour workshift, you're amazingly articulate! I was going to go over each point as well but there's really nothing new I could add to what you said!

Although, I hadn't noticed this --

Quote:
although I feel familiar vibes of competitiveness, something that had never suited me, coming across these boards now

-- which I suppose is inevitable once you involve people and the things they create. Everybody starts trying to one-up the other, I guess... Hope it doesn't turn into a problem because the friendly and cool people here at LVI are my most favorite thing, even over the vids themselves, in a lot of ways!

Other than that, I think these new rules and regs should only serve to keep LVI a quality vid site. Who should have a problem with that?

~Aislynn
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything sounds good to me:

1) I can't imagine making more than 1 vid a day! It takes me about a week to make each of my vids, give or take a couple days. If I really get going, 5 in 1 month would be my absolute maximum anyway.

2) That seems kinda obvious to me...

3) Got it.

4) No stealing please! My thoughts on clip theft in general: If someone asked me if they could use a single clip from one of my vids, that would be ok, as long as it was straight from the show and none of my editing. I see no problem with that, but always ask first!

5) Sounds good to me.

6) Be respectful of other members. Yes, always.

7) Have FUN!
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all of them.

sig by niki blue
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
Agree with all of them.

Ditto from me.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) This is probably the harshest of these rules, if you can call them harsh, but we hope it will encourage people to sit back and really think about their videos before making them. We hope to end up increasing quality of videos, rather than merely limiting some vidder's entries. So if this might end up applying to you, then perhaps you could consider looking at your process of vidding, and see if there's something in there you could improve upon, even if it means taking a longer time. This will also make the judging job a lot easier in the future, so we don't have to judge quite so many videos!

2) Only one person has done this and she knows who she is. Doon't worry, we're not angry or anything, you just didn't know! So now we're just making it an official rule so nobody else gets confused, lol.

3) This one is the one we've had the MOST problems with It's probably from a glitch, but it might be due to people not noticing it. If your vid isn't on the site within the first day or two, check out the lost and found topic in the videos section.

4) It's now officially in our charter! Yes, it has happened a few times, unfortunately, but those were mostly misunderstandings.

5) No clutter! yay!

6) YEAH!!! you awful people you!

7) This should be the toughest to enforce. But I'll just have to break out the ol' Cat o' Nine Tails, and it should do the job okay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules

1) No probs at all, i must admit I have rushed a couple of my vids a little bit, I just get so excited about sharing them with everyone. I hope no one is sick of me

2) No worries at all

3) Yep

4) right so CLIFT THEFT = BAD Gotcha sorry not really a joking matter is it

5) I'm usually happy with one type so that's cool

6) be respectful... hmmm ??? even too Nate ???

7) Have FUN! - alright if you insist
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1) No probs at all, i must admit I have rushed a couple of my vids a little bit, I just get so excited about sharing them with everyone. I hope no one is sick of me

nobody could ever get sick of you!
Quote:

6) be respectful... hmmm ??? even too Nate ???

Hmmmm.... you have a point there! Well lets confine it to when we talk about Movieguy's "Nate" LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hobbes"]
Quote:

nobody could ever get sick of you!

aww , i feel all warm and fuzzy now, thanks Warren

Hobbes wrote:
Hmmmm.... you have a point there! Well lets confine it to when we talk about Movieguy's "Nate" LOL

hehe yeh i'll go with that (sorry Nate, you know we love you )
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree wholeheartedly with the rules. They aren't too harsh and I'm sure they can do nothing but improve the quality of the site.

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blind.filmmaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't make videos. And from an "outsider" standpoint, I'd say those rules are brilliantly balanced and fair. Very, very sensible.

___blind.filmmaker
fallsofast
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Ahh, that's a good idea, it will keep me from making so many videos at least...it's just so addicting!

2) I love making the pictures, as I'm better than it than videos (Of course it helps when I've been making pictures for a few years and videos about a month) It gets very confusing when someone uses the same picture over and over again

3) Hrm...isn't this kind of going on now?

4) Another good one =]

5) I figured we were supposed to do that anyways, hah.

6) Respect ish always good.

7) No point if you have no fun.

Good rules..good rules.
––––•(-• SUPERMAN •-)•–––

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice rules..

i agree with all of them..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: