Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x08 - Meet Kevin Johnson Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next ep is April 24th! Over a month!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!! i thought it'd be ages longer than that!!! im actually happy!!! i can wait a month! i waited bloody eight for season four to start, lol do you know who gets it yet?

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
wow!!! i thought it'd be ages longer than that!!! im actually happy!!! i can wait a month! i waited bloody eight for season four to start, lol do you know who gets it yet?

According to Spoilerfix it's

Spoiler:

Sayid and/or Ben-centric

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

ooh; it better be ben.as much as i love sayid he can't have two f/f's closer together.maybe its just a rumour? i guess we have to wait and see

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ending
Spoiler:

I didn't see that coming with Karl and Danielle I liked Danielle in a weird sorta way

My heart was pounding so fast when that happened.

I can't wait for more now I wish they hadn't have left it like they did

OMG Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

We All Knew he was gay

And yeah that was for the fans.

I think Michael's FB was good but not totally off the roof awesomeness but still a great episode
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh, now this was an interesting episode. One I actually have something to comment on!

Okay, first off: prediction = Ben is still the uber bad guy. Everything they told Micheal could have easily been a lie. e.g. it was probably Ben who sunk the fake Oceanic, since why would Widmore go to all the trouble of sinking it and covering it up, just to recover the black box from it later? Not to mention, he has no reason to disguise the deaths of the 815ers in the first place.
Ben has the worst track record of either side (so far, nobody from the freighter has done any killing/violence we know of. Even stupid Charlotte only beat up Kate. That's like... neg violence!) Meanwhile, Ben is a manipulative dangerous little bastard who kills for no reason. He shot Locke, killed his dad, and basically wiped out the entire Dharma initiative. "I don't kill innocents". Bull.
Basically the ONLY thing going in Ben's favour right now is that future!Sayid is allied with him. But knowing how easily and stupidly these characters place their allegiance (as demonstrated by Michael this ep), after next to NO proof, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben just tricked him by killing someone and saying Widmore did it. Right now my theory is he kills either Nadia or one of the islanders. But whatever.
What this comes down to though is: did he get someone to kill Danielle and Karl? I'd like to think yes, since that would really make sense - he wanted them dead anyway. But since anything someone expects from this show just turns up as the opposite... I'm gonna say it's probably the trigger-happy freighter guys. Though that doesn't mean I think the freighters are the bad guys. Some of them are, sure. But I expect we'll be led to think they're bad until the last minute, then the wool is pulled from over our eyes. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT ALWAYS HAPPENS

Btw, if we're ever going to get into a debate of who's the worst around here murder-wise: it's the Losties. They've ALL killed "enemies" at the drop of the hat. Hell, Hurley ran over a guy. Sawyer shot Tom in the head. Kate killed a few of Ben's men just because she noticed them spying on them in the season 2 finale. Charlie shot Ethan. Ana Lucia stabbed Goodwin through the HEART. All of this, now that we know better, was pretty-much bullshit. These guys often WEREN'T going to kill anyone, or do anything seriously bad. I mean, they returned Walt, they chickened out on executing Sayid, Jin, and Bernard in the season 3 finale, they probably weren't really going to kill Claire with the whole Ethan kidnapping thing (they'd probably just try and study her to figure out why her baby is okay but other women's aren't). Goodwin, was just making a list of people to join the Others. Etc etc.
All of these people were killed, often needlessly, by the Losties. And yet, they weren't trying to really do any harm. But they had the misfortune of SEEMING like they were. But.... why would you do that? Why make your enemy think you're going to kill them if it just makes them react with lethal violence? Because Ben is an idiot? Or perhaps because the writers needed some action? heh.

Also: you know what reeeeaaallly bugs me? Bernard's quote from Yi Leon, regarding Locke: "He's a murderer". Omfg. Bernard, you goddamn killed 3 people by blowing them up with dynamite. Everyone has done something along those lines on the island so far. Yet Locke kills one person - ONE - because he didn't have much choice, thought Naomi was the enemy (still does. And might be right), and he had to stop her from - as far as he knew - killing everyone on the island by phoning her friends. (and lets not forget, he had good reason to believe this. If you saw a vision of a slightly-taller-Walt who can magically heal a BULLET THROUGH YOUR TORSO, you'd believe what he said too).

I'll admit, Locke was an annoying little bastard the last few eps before this one - and that's because the writers wanted him to hold up the story for a little while so the other characters could have a turn - but it's the moments like this one where the "real" Locke comes out. Finally he flip-flops with his "I'm a dictator. Blah blah blah", and instead TELLS everyone all the info, like he pretty much ALWAYS HAS before this latest character-manipulation. Funny how they only bring this Locke back when it's convenient to the plot.
Anyway, /EndRant about Locke.

Ah Michael, how I looked forward to hearing your story. Too bad it wasn't that interesting. So, you got gypped into helping Ben. Again? Good for you. Why do you tell your 10 year old you murdered two women, again? Shoulda kept it quiet. It would have been SO much angstier. Plus, I was looking forward to seeing that scene. Damn flashback, skipping the good part.
Also, quick comment on the "island won't let you die" thing: might be true, might not. But putting dud bullets into a gun to convince Michael seems like something Ben and Tom would do.

OH!! TOM!! Ha, we TOTALLY called it. Damn, we are good. (Or influential. Either way!). Finally, the writer's Gay Character is revealed.

Speaking of writers, what happened to their Danielle flashbacks? Not that we really need them anymore, since the whole sickness thing is probably the time-warp deelee. But still. I can't believe they'd pull something like this so suddenly. Actually, I can. But still. Tsk tsk.

What confounds me most right now though: if the Oceanic 6 are Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, and Aaron (which is what my next ep preview tells me. Though before that I was convinced Aaron didn't count), then who the hell's funeral is that in the season 3 finale? I was convinced it was Locke's. And if not, then Sawyer's. Now it's neither, obviously. And none of the Oceanic 6 seem to fit the "no friends to attend their funeral" description. Which leads me to two hypotheses:
1. It's still Locke. The tv is wrong.
2. It's Ben.

Now THAT would be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

omg the ending ok, lets say that Karl is a bit expandable but Rosseau?? i mean come on, they cant kill her. Not until we know what happened when she came to the island

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny Warren cause I've been convinced it's Michael from the beginning and the article in the newspaper aswell as the black neighbourhood where it was etc. That said they could be leading us down the road on that one and turn it around for a shock reveal.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
That's funny Warren cause I've been convinced it's Michael from the beginning and the article in the newspaper aswell as the black neighbourhood where it was etc. That said they could be leading us down the road on that one and turn it around for a shock reveal.

I think it's Michael after that episode. He had a different name and so nobody may realise he was from the oceanic flight.

Oh and I was sure that wasn't Malcom David Kelley in the window...the boy looked too small
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Ben. He doesn't seem all that "bad" to me anymore. I dunno... But the freighties seem pretty nasty to me... At least the captain. Dan, Charlotte, and even Miles are all right.

Ooh, and that's a good idea... It could be Michael in the coffin. Or it could be Ben or Juliet, because they wouldn't count as part of the Oceanic Six.

And I think it was the freighties shooting at Alex, Karl, and Danielle. Because Frank took the helicopter, didn't he? He could've brought friends and snuck up on Alex and them... And now they'll capture Alex and use her against Ben...

Argh! I can't wait til April!

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I freakin loved this episode. Right up there with The Constant for my favorite of the season so far.

-I am forced to conclude that Michael....is just not very smart. Who the heck tells a ten-year-old they killed two people? To quote Ron, how thick could you get? (Yeah....I quoted Harry Potter on you...)
-Glad to see Claire this ep and it was cute how she was talking to Alex and Karl. ^_^ Thought it was sweet.
-Miles has a freaky smile.
-Yeah, Michael knew Naomi was from Manchester - cuz he KNEW someone from Manchester, which is why he didn't tell her how he knew where she was from...cuz that could lead to revealing he was on Flight 815.
Yeah, I was talking about Charlie there. So sue me.
-Tom is gay! We all knew it! Yay! ^_^
-I liked seeing Tom again. I always kinda liked him.
-No Jack or Kate this episode. Yay!
-I thought Walt looked a little weird too...maybe it's just because Malcolm David Kelley is like 15 now?
-I thought it was funny when Michael tried to shoot himself and the gun didn't work. I dunno. Maybe I'm just weird.
-The ending was amazing!!! Poor Karl!
-I don't know if Danielle's dead. (That's why I didn't say poor Danielle). I think she's still alive.
-Alex is made of awesome. She is the shiz. And now she has a cool storyline going!! YAYAYAY!
-I agree with Elyse. It was those freighties shooting at Alex, Karl, and Danielle.
-I wanna know what happens to Alex! I will be soo sad if she dies! Cuz she's just my favorite minor character ever.
-I loved this episode. I love this show. I can't wait for April 24th.

art by me&tammy
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my head was totally exploring all the time...and now I really don't know with thinking who are good, and who are bad guys....but still, I think Sayid was TOO emotional and not rational with that revealing of Michael to captain, I think that is not what "real" Sayid would do IMO...I never really liked Michael but after this his flashback story I totally don't want him to die or smth

I think both sides have bad/good guys...damn I don't know what to think..

Ben is manipulative bastard though ...it' just bad BAD that I still like him

Tom's boyfriend, I was laughing really hard, and I like Michael face after he saw Tom "kissed" the guy ---> O_o ...LOLZZZZZZZZ

...No Dan this eppy, was hoping to see him on boat, doing some weird things, like breathing the clean air or smth , doing creepy experiments and stuff ..I'm sad

Never really cared about Danielle/Carl/Alex storylines...and did't like Danielle since season 1...so well ...still I don't completely think that Danielle is dead...and the guys who shooted them are probably from the boat, now that IS bad

No Kate this eppy (well, ok no beach people at all , but well since Kate is the top character on my personal "I hate" list ... I'm happy about the fact of her not being in episode

Very good eppy in my opinion though
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Thoughts (From my LJ):

Ok so I was disappointed with this week's ep. I was expecting something so, so much better. I've really been enjoying this Season so far but I wasn't a fan of last night's ep! Yeah I know - ZOMG there is an episode of LOST that Ashleigh didn't love! O_o

Most of the ep was focused on Michael, who I've never been a fan of. And none of it was particularly interesting. Other than perhaps: The reveal of Tom's gayness, which we knew all along! Libby was back, although very briefly, we need more backstory on her! The Island won't let you die, that's kind of it, maybe why the car crashed and stopped Jack from jumping.... Oh and Walt seems to have had a head transplant!

And OMG don't even get me started on the end. It seemed to have just been randomly thrown in there for a liitle action at the end. I was expecting some big cliffhanger type thing liked they'd promise. But instead they shoot at three characters we didn't see throughout the ep (except for a little at the beginning) and we've hardly seen all season. I just didn't really seem to fit with the ep at all! :S And I sure hope Rousseau isn't dead because she soooo needs to have a flashback ep like woah. And of course she kicks ass! ). They just seemed to shove that last scene in there, it felt out of place, almost as if they'd done it purely for the drama and to try and shock us! Must LOST always feel such a huuuuge need to kill as many characters as it can?

Oh LOST. I'll see you next month. Get you're act together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

did not think of that one . Yeah, now that I think about it, I'd give it a 99% chance that's it. You know why? Because he's the most BORING one to be in that coffin, and the one to have the LEAST overall influence on the plot.

Bah. It would have been so awesome if it was Locke or Ben. I mean, how epicly tragic is that? They're so powerful and important there on the island, but once they're separated from it... they're nothing. Just wee little men who don't even have anyone to attend their funeral.

I like this theory. It puts a lot in perspective:
http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2008/03/an-idea-of-faith.php

Now I'm thinking that the freighter guys are split like this: there's the initial team of Dan, Charlotte, Miles, and Naomi, who's mission is to scout the island - checking its supernaturalish qualities mostly - and to possibly take out Ben, if they can. That's what those 4 have been told. But their real mission is to give the losties a good impression; to gain their trust.
I think the rest of the freighters might be a little more malicious than those 4 are. I think they have more of a hidden agenda. I think they have orders by Widmore to take control of the island with whatever force necessary. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to kill everyone, but I doubt they'd have much hesitation to. I think Widmore wants control of the island. And to get it, he has to get rid of anyone with the power to stop him (i.e. Ben, and anyone else who resists). Then, he has to make sure nobody makes it off the island and lets the public know about the island and the power it holds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren! I think Locke was origionally in the coffin but now they are going to pick someone compleatly different. Hrmmmm. I like what you said about Locke and Ben being nothing off the island. Its soo true. BUT i would hate for Lockes story to end with him dead in a coffin, unless he is faking his death!

I liked the episode. Im not a huge fan though of the episodes with a whole lotta flashback with little island story. It was good though. Hahahaha Tom is gay!!! Let the Tom/Ben Tom/Jack Tom/Sawyer slash vids begin!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: