Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x06 - The Other Woman Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well if you make the rules

Probably not. But I'm more of a Charlie fan then a Claire fan. Charlie-obsessers are known to have a certain Claire-hate. Some of them anyway. It depends. Not that I don't want to learn more about Claire. I like Claire and I'd like to see her character develop but it would just bother me even more that there would be no mention of Charlie. In every Charlie episode there's plenty of mention of Claire...
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
it would just bother me even more that there would be no mention of Charlie. In every Charlie episode there's plenty of mention of Claire...

and yet in Maternity Leave; Charlie didn't appear and was only mentioned once in the f/back with claire and ethan in the baby room. its a weird way they've represented her relationship. obviously charlie loved her and wanted to take care of her and SHOW her that he could take care of her and Aaron; but they didn't really venture into Claire's POV in that relationship. i wold've liked her to have been more wary of Charlie abandoning here when things got too hard; like Thomas did; and I think that was sorta done without actually saying anything. kinda subtle.

Claire's ep this season when she gets one (I dont know for sure; im just staying positive) HAS to mention Charlie. if not; i say everyone whose annoyed by it should write a letter or petition or something to the writers asking Wtf is up with Claire. as ive said; if in her ep we find out that she's been distraught when she's alone and is putting on a brave face; ill deal with it. but if its all smily, happy claire doing nothing then what's the point?

Even tho i love Par Avion; i found it a sort of empty episode. Claire got mad at charlie then they made up. nothing really happend to her on-island character. I, and i think a lot of people, want her to become more kick-ass. obviously its hard with Aaron; but its not impossible. Her seeing Miles would be AWESOME.

this isn't really about the other woman; ill reel in back in with something...i also feel it was kinda an empty ep. we already knew how protective of juliet ben was, it was just confirmed. we knew jack loved juliet; it was just confirmed. and nothing really happened on island except that weird thing at the power station that we STILL dont really know about. I also wanna see some more Sayid. he's been getting good screen time this year so far; everyone has, even Claire with her happiness is getting more lines then last year about this time, so I hope they keep it up.

Matter of fact; i think Sawyer is getting the short end of the stick this season. In a way; he's sorta turning into Claire...only really having scenes with Kate or about Kate/Jack the same as Jemmz mentioned with Claire always being connected to Charlie...which is why it would be good to have Claire and Sawyer feature in each others eps....

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agree Kat. It actually bugged me how Claire & Charlie were apart in alot of S2 but I didn't mind so much that he was only mentioned once in Maternity Leave because she was kind of in a weird drugged up way, but it would have been interesting to explore that Charlie "abandoned" her.

I don't think petitions will do anything. They just won't listen to us. There's already been a petition to keep Charlie alive with over 1, 000 signatures. I don't know what's happened to it now. There's been letters though and it's obvious they're ignoring us.

Oh yeah, and I agree with you about Sawyer too! I like him this series, but it's true. Alot of his scenes are with Kate, or about Kate...Do they care more about the triangle then the actual characters in it..?
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Cause I make the rules

This made me laugh

In response to your question... Speaking as a completely third party objective with absolutely no personal interest in the matter...(that was a lie- I do have personal interest in the matter- I just couldn't resist quoting She's the Man and was just trying to convey the point that I'm not as invested in it as some other fans are) I would be kinda upset if they delved into developing her character more and didn't somehow include Charlie's death- she contributed significantly to his character development, and it would be nice to see that it wasn't a one-way street.

I don't know. I always thought Claire loved Charlie. But now this is confusing. Ah well. Tis' life. and Lost.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Cause I make the rules

This made me laugh

Except of course when we have him tied to the bed.... Sorry, had to throw that out there. The Passy/Jaul thing has slowed down.

I just never got the "feel" that Claire was in love with Charlie. She loved him as a friend, even regarded him as a part of the family, but I don't think she really loved him yet. She had feelings for him, but I'm not sure if they were love. In fact, I think she felt almost....I'm going to get KILLED for this one....indebted to him? He was always helping her and being there and she felt bad at times. I dunno. I do think she had legitimate feelings for him, but it didn't strike me as love, unless she just wasn't acting well...I don't know.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
riay_night wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Cause I make the rules

This made me laugh

Except of course when we have him tied to the bed.... Sorry, had to throw that out there. The Passy/Jaul thing has slowed down.

Lol yes that's why it made me laugh, it was just sort of dirty in a way Like all sexual- "I make the rules."

Lol... here's to taking it too far once again. I'm sure Paul doesn't mind though

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:

Lol yes that's why it made me laugh, it was just sort of dirty in a way Like all sexual- "I make the rules." Lol... here's to taking it too far once again. I'm sure Paul doesn't mind though

Oh, I know he doesn't mind. And I was laughing at that too. lol He makes the rules, does he?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he tries, but I have a suspicion that Paul likes his women assertive. I can testify

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We both know that, Jourdan.

lol Paul's going to come in here and be like "WTH? .... Nice"

We should probably get back on topic.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I know... this conversation has strayed so far away from episode discussion...

*cough*ahem ahem, so back on track, lovely episode right???

Wow, I can't believe I just called a Jacket episode lovely... but it really wasn't as bad as I first thought it was!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Do they care more about the triangle then the actual characters in it..?

Jemmz; that is profound!!!! lol. but its true. even in this ep, the other woman, it was jacket/jate. i wonder why that is? its more interesting to see how a character reacts to a relationship rather then just the relationship; if that makes sense. like how in season three at the beginning it was so cool to see how sawyer, belligerant conman, reacted to finally being with Kate. although i suppose we have to allow some leeway since the writers have time constraints and have to, forgive the term, skate over things *cough* claire *cough*

Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think Claire was in love with Charlie. But this season is making me doubt it. I'd be really pissed if Claire had an episode with no mention of Charlie, because she's barely reacted to his death!! I know it's been said before, but it still makes me mad. So I want to see Claire's episode about her dealing with Charlie's death, but character development of her own, because God knows she needs it.

I used to like hearing about the triangle... But when that started to become all they talked about on the show, then it started to annoy me. And then there was Juliet. Who Ben was in love with. The triangle isn't a triangle anymore! It's just ridiculous!

Now don't get me wrong, guys, I still love the show. This week's ep was good, and next week's looks really good! So I'm definitely looking forward to it.

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! *cowers* You guys can't give up on PB&J!! I blame the writers! Not Claire!

Sorry. Just had to say that. I think I've said it before....sorry.

The triangle is getting irritating. All three of them should go away for awhile.

art by me&tammy
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlies_Innocence wrote:
I used to think Claire was in love with Charlie. But this season is making me doubt it. I'd be really pissed if Claire had an episode with no mention of Charlie, because she's barely reacted to his death!! I know it's been said before, but it still makes me mad. So I want to see Claire's episode about her dealing with Charlie's death, but character development of her own, because God knows she needs it.

I used to like hearing about the triangle... But when that started to become all they talked about on the show, then it started to annoy me. And then there was Juliet. Who Ben was in love with. The triangle isn't a triangle anymore! It's just ridiculous!

Now don't get me wrong, guys, I still love the show. This week's ep was good, and next week's looks really good! So I'm definitely looking forward to it.

JESUS! Shut UP ABOUT PB&J!!!! Everyone KNOWS its all about EClaire!!!

sorry just working on my vid now hint hint!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
Charlies_Innocence wrote:

JESUS! Shut UP ABOUT PB&J!!!! Everyone KNOWS its all about EClaire!!!

sorry just working on my vid now hint hint!

JESUS! Trey, you don't have to be so rude!!!

That was only half-joking tho.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: