Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x06 - The Other Woman Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: 4x06 - The Other Woman Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Episode 4.06: The Other Woman

Character-centric to:

Spoiler:

Juliet

Episode summary:

Spoiler:

Juliet receives an unwelcome visit from someone from her past and is given orders to track down Charlotte and Faraday in order to stop them from completing their mission -- by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Ben offers Locke an enticing deal.

Cast, guest stars, writers and director credits:

Spoiler:

Written by: Drew Goddard, Christina M. Kim
Directed by: Eric Laneuville
Guest star: Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Andrea Roth as Harper, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom and Brett Cullen as Goodwin.

Please remember to use spoiler tags until the episode has aired in your region. Thank you!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Yay!! Tom and Goodwin are back for this episode!! I heard rumours about Ethan being in this episode as well, but I couldn't find him on the cast list.

aaaaand

Spoiler:

I'm hoping for another Jacket kiss!!! *is excited*

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't wait for this one! And I'm spoiler free! So yay! Its gonna be good!!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
I really can't wait for this one! And I'm spoiler free! So yay! Its gonna be good!!

Same After accidentally reading the Egg Town spoilers I've read no more

On the most part I like Juliet's episodes (Although they totally ruined "One Of Us" with the last flashback *pouts*)
Spoiler:

Though as a Jater I really hope they don't kiss again, flirtings fine though And Kate's back in the promo, squee

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this eppy
*SQUEEE!!!*
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited!!!!!!!! Spoiler free too, except for the

Spoiler:

kiss

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just SAW IT! WOO!
I'm only going to evaluate on one thing right now.

Spoiler:

When Ben was all like (in flashback) "Why? After all I've done for you, you ask me why?..." and I thought, "Aw, this can turn out to be really sweet." Then Ben's like "YOU'RE MINE!" That heavily increased Ben's creepy scale. Heavily. He could've said, "Because I loved you!" but no, he had to go down the creepy stalker route...

Another great episode! (More later.)
*slinks off to bed*

Banner by erandil.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. I loved this episode! (gonna squee about it in the spoiler tag....)

Spoiler:

OMG OMG! Bennet is canon! *runs around in circles, squeeing* I thought I was the only person on the planet who ships Ben/Juliet, but apparently the writers do too?? And how creepy was that, though? "YOU'RE MINE!!"

The Jacketness at the end was cute! The hug was really sweet. I really do prefer it to Jate. There was some pwnsome footage in that episode for the Jacket/Jate vid I'm planning. ^_^

When Juliet was pointing her gun at Dan, I was all, "NO! DAN! Juliet, don't kill him! I'd have to hate you!" I was seriously scared he was going to die. And Charlotte was all worried about him too. ^_^

I totally called it about Charles Widmore being the man they were working for. And the man on the boat....pssh, it's Michael. After the promo for next week's eppy (which looks GREAT) I'm almost positive.

I'll squee some more tomorrow once it's totally sunk in.

art by me&tammy
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode was awesome! Almost as good as last weeks!

Spoiler:

Ben had the potential to be really sweet in this episode. "Don't you know why I'm keeping you here? Don't you know why I'm doing so much for you?" And then he ruined it... "YOU'RE MINE!!" It was cute, though, when he was all excited about their "dinner party", lol.

And Claire was in this episode... I wonder if she'll ever get to talk to Miles. I hope so. The girl needs some screen time!

And Charlie was mentioned again, by Locke, of all people, but at least he's not forgotten.

Ooh, and the whole gas thing. That was really interesting. I was so worried Dan was going to blow up the island, but it turns out he was doing the good thing. I still don't like Charlotte, though.

Overall, excellent episode!

icon by becca
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good episode. It wasnt OMG jaw dropping amazing but it let the story flow and we got some answers along the way...

Spoiler:

really i think EVERYONE knows Michael is the guy on the boat

Ben seemed really swishey during that dinner scene lol. I actually thought he was gay in season 2 and they were going to play that when they found the real henry gale. I did think the flashback quadrangle was kind of corney. I am really starting to think ABC is pushing this romance stuff on the writers because of you look at ABC, he majority of their shows are chick shows. (Grays anatomy, desperate housewives, brothers and sisters, dancing with the stars, exct.) I do think Ben was ULTRA creepy with the "YOUR MINE" and wish we had this episode before the melodrama contest!
But overall pretty good ep.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Jacket Kiss! But my husband started talking right after it and I didn't hear what Jack said to Juliet! Ugh its really bugging me now...please someone tell me what he said!

So I liked this episode although I was hoping it was going to be a FF and not a FB...They tricked me in the beginning when they were talking about Juliet feeling like a celebrity. Oh well....I guess Juliet isn't getting off??

I loved the Jate reunion. I got all chilly. He was really concerned....awww...and Juliet was just like...whatever and ran off! Haha...

It was interesting to see confirmation that Ben loves Juliet.It was always kind of implied but now we know "That she's his" but for some reason both me and my husband laughed during that scene when he told her that..It was some how funny.
So overall...good episode but kind of anticlimactic...I was expecting more...oh well...the ending was really funny!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, Jack said to Juliet, "Ben knows where to find me," because she had been saying how she's "his" and everything.

icon by becca
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Thanks for telling me! Awww that was sweet of Jack to say. He's willing to risk his life for Juliet.

Oh and I forgot to mention my favorite line! "This bunny didn't have a number on it did it?"

Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great episode. Our power went out 20 minutes before it started, and we thought we were going to miss it all when about 10 minutes later everything returned back to normal. We screamed for joy. I'm glad I didn't have to miss this one.

LOL, loved the "You're MINE!!" scene. That just put an image in my head of Ben romping around the island like a little boy, with Juliet on a leash as his pet. It also kind of reminds me of The Princess Bride, somehow.

Michael's acting was just stellar in that scene. I was waiting for him to do something real meaty, and there it was. I'm gonna have to watch that again.

As for bad acting.... I swear to God, if Matthew makes one more drop-head, turn-to-the-right-and-then-look-back with some cheesy look on his face, or turns around in a circle dropping his head because he's so pissed, I would slap him. It's so goddamn irritating. Is that all he can do in any scene like that? I know I'm going to get people upset by going against the grain, but I just don't think he's a very good actor sometimes.

Charlies_Innocence wrote:

And Charlie was mentioned again, by Locke, of all people, but at least he's not forgotten.

What, "of all people"? They may have had a bit of falling out, but Locke has always cared about Charlie very much, otherwise he wouldn't have helped him get off the heroine in season 1. He and Charlie had a connection. There was also a deleted scene from Further Instructions where Locke apologized to him. Don't act like Locke's a cold monster who doesn't have feelings for anybody.

The ending was pretty creepy. Ben must have told Locke basically everything he wanted to know about the Freighties, to get off like that and sleep in his own house. I'm pretty sure nobody will be surprised about the next episode's cliffhanger. Except those who are living under a rock and haven't read any spoilers.

sig by IslandofMystery
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:

Charlies_Innocence wrote:

What, "of all people"? They may have had a bit of falling out, but Locke has always cared about Charlie very much, otherwise he wouldn't have helped him get off the heroine in season 1. He and Charlie had a connection. There was also a deleted scene from Further Instructions where Locke apologized to him. Don't act like Locke's a cold monster who doesn't have feelings for anybody.

I didn't say he had no feelings for anyone. But we'll have to agree to disagree about Locke and Charlie. I hated him for what he did to Charlie, but I wish they had made up. I'd like to see that deleted scene, is it on the DVD? And obviously they were great friends in season 1, I'll agree to that. But then in season 2 Locke changed a lot, and in my opinion, he's not the same person he used to be.

And Locke just isn't the first person I'd personally expect to be talking about Charlie.

icon by becca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: