Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x06 - The Other Woman Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the eppy..probably 'cause it Julliette's and she is my favorite LOST character...for all my happinness in the world though I NEED the whole Dan-centric episode (all 42 minutes..only Dan.. THE only Dan scenes haha..I'm obsessed, I know ) ..ok, probably this will never happen, but I can dream at least

Jacket kiss was beatiful *SQUEE*...I absolutely LOVE Jack when he is with Juliette, for some weird reasons he never disturbed me when he is with her, she is perfect for him, calm him down, know the right words..Love this couple to death ...and I love that he took the initiative...awwwwwww

...still don't like Charlotte , even if she is good or smth ...and no Darlotte please (Dan IS mine! )

Ben was funny though IMO..."you're MINEEEEEEEEEE"....creepy ..still love him though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Ohhhhhhhhh but all your screentime is going to pointless characters like Sun and Jin! Okay see you next season

Spoiler:

But Sun and Jin are the last of the Oceanic 6 so...They kinda need to be dropped into the Island story in places...

Spoiler:

And they dont deserve to be the last two of the Oceanic 6. They are completely pointless characters - I preffer Ana, Libby, Shannon & Boone and even ARTZ! over those two. They were only slightly intresting in Season 1 and now they are completely boring. Why make Sun pregnant WHY.

& Jack NEEDS a centric episode.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lame so I'm copying and pasting my response from my LJ:

Quote:
The ep was... an episode?

I still don't like Juliet, PTB.

I mean, even after her big "woe is me, everyone with a heart will love me after they see this" episode. (Though, they already tried that last season with the sister episode too.) I was just... meh. And I still don't get why everyone loves her so much, no offense. Feel free to explain. I'm a cold-hearted bitch, what?

And I hate Locke more with each episode.

And honestly? I adore Michael Emerson, but Ben is so over the top now it's just ridiculous. Someone tally up a list of shit he's done/has been behind/crazy things he's said/lies possible truths he's told/etc.etc.etc. and prove my point?

And the whole Charlotte knocks Kate out for her own sake thing is utter bullshit. And where does this poisonous gas leak out? Because correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a big mother of an island! How are they gonna poison everybody on the entire island? Seriously? (Maybe I missed something.)

*sigh*

I loved last week. Loved. Now I just want to punch a kitten.

I think I'm just going to have to let people tell me whether or not I'll like the ep before I subject myself to it. Yes, I said subject.

And finally, Sawyer. Please go kill Ben and Locke and declare yourself king of Otherville (Eggtown?) and take Claire as your queen? Please?
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really liked this episode!
dan, can he be more adorable?????????? seriously i love that man! he's really cute *awww*

Loved the tender Jacket scene.Everything about it was beautiful. Jacket have a love theme like Skate. *awwww*The kiss was perfect under the circumstances.Juliet didn't need a passionate kiss she needed a tender kiss and a big hug from someone she is falling in love with who is falling in love with her.

Also I loved the little exchange between Kate, Juliet, Charlotte and Jack. Jack took 'their word for it' not because he had any reason to trust Charlotte, but because he obviously has every reason to TRUST Juliet. Trust, yes, this is what a romance is built on. Trust is what he did NOT have in Kate when she suggested they go after Naomi's trail. The differences between the Jate dynamic and the Jacket dynamic were on full display last night. And I for one loved what I saw, and felt it to be VERY consistent with how the story has been told thus far.

it's great how Kate was treated as a prop during The Other Woman. Her character was like a coat rack that was just standing there during all of Jack & Juliet's intimate moments. Jack standing up to search for Juliet as Kate had tweety birds flying around her head form the concussion was just too good for words.

Ben, I mean, is there no end to his mind-fucking Locke. I screamed at the tv everytime Locke started to close the door and then opened it again because of something Ben said. Locke is putty is Ben's hands right now. "See you guys at dinner." Best line of the ep. I cracked up. Especially at the look on Sawyer and Hurley's face when they saw Ben carrying his fresh linens to his abode.

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't stop laughing at the "dinner party" flashback. Ben looked sooooo happy to see Juliet and it just seemed so funny. And utterly creepy. Ben does that. When Ben was holding the knife when he was cutting the ham and Juliet asks about Goodwin, I was like, "Omg he's going to attack her..." But he didn't.

Also, my theory of the episode, that Harper lady in the jungle with Juliet was just a Jacob poof. The whispers were first there then she popped up. Ben had no contact with her, (she's probably dead) so Jacob made one of his crazy clone things and said "BEN SENT ME HERE!" Nah. It's Jacob. That tricky island god.

Banner by erandil.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE the dinner party minus everyone else but Juliet:

I've never seen Ben talk so effing much in one scene before.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, Elle, you just had me cracking up at your post on the previous page. You're made of awesome, did you know that?

Quote:
5. Charlotte is totaly using Dan for his brain stuff. She doesnt deserve a guy like him!

Oh yeah, she sure is. I doubt she wants a guy like Dan though. She can have Ben... they'd be a lovely, creepy couple!!

Quote:
7. Claire, you know Charlie is dead right? He's not coming back? Oh you do! Ohhhhhhhhh but all your screentime is going to pointless characters like Sun and Jin! Okay see you next season

Spoiler:

I doubt there will be a next season for Claire....

Quote:
10. Is Kate's hair a lighter brown to everyone else too? It looked WAY lighter and more like a fake brown.

Well, I'm amazed about the fact that Juliet's hair looks plain perfect in like each and every situation. Geez, girl, what kind of hair spray do you use? I so want it!!

Quote:
13. The Jacket kiss didnt bother me as much as I thought it would. I thought it would be a full on snog but naw. Didnt really bother me. BUT only what was it, 4 days ago? When he told Kate he loved her? What's up with THAT. Stupid.

I'm a bit of a Jacket fan, but I must admit that I wasn't really excited about the kiss, to be honest. It was pretty unispired, unmotivated and kinda lame. I had the feeling that Jack kissed Juliet out of compassion and pity more than anything else. I know that he loves Kate, not Juliet, but I try to remain in the blissful land of denial when it comes to that matter...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben + Juliet = BENNET. ^_^ Win!

- I liked this episode!! But I knew there would be bitching about Claire, so I would like to share my theory:

Kate may have told Claire about Miles talking to Naomi after she died. Therefore, Claire now has an idea. (Go her). She went to Locke to ask him to let her see if she could get info out of Miles....but what she REALLY wants is to see if he can talk to Charlie for her.

- Wow, is Ben a creepy stalker or what? That had the potential to be really cute though - it was adorable when she came over for the dinner party and he was running around like a little kid on Christmas. Then he had to go and ruin it:

Ben: Juliet, here's your boyfriend's dead body. Do you like me?

- I <3 Sun and Jin. Can't wait to see next week's eppy.

- Juliet is awesome. She could so beat Charlotte in a fight.

- Yay Jacket!

- Dan is still so cool! He was so adarablllle! *hugs Dan*

- Finally found out who the boaties are working for - and it's Widmore! Totally called it though, go me. I wonder what'll happen when Penny and Des find out.

- Hmm, maybe Ben will find out about Jacket and kill Jack!

- Locke still bugs me to no end.

- Ben still makes me laugh every time he opens his mouth.

- Hurley is awesome. He can beat Sawyer at anything.

- Kate was annoying. I'm getting a little tired of her.

- Charlotte sucks though. First she knocked Kate out, then she about beat up Juliet. She needs a chill pill.

- Harper was creepy when she popped up in the jungle. I didn't like her. She's freaky.

- I found the flashbacks more interesting than the rest of the episode. I am still happy that Bennet is canon - even though Ben is extremely creepy about it. Just when we thought he couldn't get any creepier....

Overall, good episode. Not as amazing as last week's, but Juliet episodes have never failed to be enjoyable. Can't wait to see next week's!

art by me&tammy
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there it is, an episode just as lame as I thought it'd be really.

Juliet, sorry, I still can't like you. Cos you suck. So she was boffing Goodwin, who cares? It just don't matter. And Ben claims she's his, got Goodwin killed. At times like that, when people do stuff like that to you, you tend to murder people. Like...right there, or in their sleep, or when you've got them unconcious on a fucking operating table, or what have you.
So that doesn't fit and it's lame. Juliet is still irritating and lame

Oooh Alan Dale is evil *sarcastic hands* Who didn't see that coming. He's always evil, no matter what show he's in, and invariably dies from a heart attack. Neighbours, The. O.C., evil, then died of a heart attack.

Um...Charlotte still stupid and annoying. Honesty is the best policy when people don't trust you and you need them to. So sneaking off and hitting people etc is just stupid, gimme a break. You'd shoot the bitch just for that. You can't let people step outta line. Farraday, well he's just being Farraday really, a wet pushover.

Locke's just stupid and irritating as always. Claire can find out where Miles is, she should just go talk to him by herself. Locke lets Ben out, finds some stuff out, fine. But you don't keep your word with someone like Ben. You're like "thanks very much" then punch them out and dump them back in the basement in the dark. But no of course not

Sawyer and Hurley, well they didn't do anything apart from a little feel good moment. We know Hurley survives and so does Ben, so nothing will happen to either of them, so Sawyer can't go and murder Ben

And Jack-Juliet kiss, gimme a break. The "love life" on this show now is worse than Celebrity love island for christs sake. Kate: Ooh I love Jack, goes back to Sawyer, then back to Jack again. Jack, loves Kate, but happy enough to kiss Juliet. It doesn't work that way.
Please, just stop. Please, it's just ridiculous and an insult to the viewers.

Yawn. Well I spose we'll wait for next weeks little farce now

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Kate may have told Claire about Miles talking to Naomi after she died. Therefore, Claire now has an idea. (Go her). She went to Locke to ask him to let her see if she could get info out of Miles....but what she REALLY wants is to see if he can talk to Charlie for her.

I read a fanfic where that happened. So I got really excited when she asked to talk to Miles. Hopefully that will happen. But I doubt it.
And while we're talking about who really deserves an eppy. It has to be Claire hands down! She has little to no screen time. And so far has had only 2 "real" flashback eppys. I didn’t count Maturity Leave because it took place on the island.

-sorry I just had to add my two cents in there.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. That ending was hillarious!
"See you guys at dinner!"
DUN DUN DUN!! OMGWTFBBQ.

They might as well have added some sort of gay handflick or something. I mean, ....what??

Claire is hillarious, seriously. She makes me laugh.
"All Charlie said was who's boat it wasn't! DAMN THAT IGNORANT MAN!!11"

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:

I read a fanfic where that happened. So I got really excited when she asked to talk to Miles. Hopefully that will happen. But I doubt it.
And while we're talking about who really deserves an eppy. It has to be Claire hands down! She has little to no screen time. And so far has had only 2 "real" flashback eppys. I didn’t count Maturity Leave because it took place on the island.

Come Back And Haunt Me

It's the best. She comes up with better ideas than the show does. If it was all up to Darlton it would be constant violence, sex and that ruddy triangle (Oh sorry, I mean pentagon, right??). Wonderful.

I'm still laughing about that ending. INTENSE!
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noj wrote:

Juliet, sorry, I still can't like you. Cos you suck. So she was boffing Goodwin, who cares? It just don't matter. And Ben claims she's his, got Goodwin killed. At times like that, when people do stuff like that to you, you tend to murder people. Like...right there, or in their sleep, or when you've got them unconcious on a fucking operating table, or what have you.

Oooh Alan Dale is evil *sarcastic hands* Who didn't see that coming. He's always evil, no matter what show he's in, and invariably dies from a heart attack. Neighbours, The. O.C., evil, then died of a heart attack.

Um...Charlotte still stupid and annoying. Honesty is the best policy when people don't trust you and you need them to. So sneaking off and hitting people etc is just stupid, gimme a break. You'd shoot the bitch just for that. You can't let people step outta line. Farraday, well he's just being Farraday really, a wet pushover.

Locke's just stupid and irritating as always. Claire can find out where Miles is, she should just go talk to him by herself. Locke lets Ben out, finds some stuff out, fine. But you don't keep your word with someone like Ben. You're like "thanks very much" then punch them out and dump them back in the basement in the dark. But no of course not

Sawyer and Hurley, well they didn't do anything apart from a little feel good moment. We know Hurley survives and so does Ben, so nothing will happen to either of them, so Sawyer can't go and murder Ben

And Jack-Juliet kiss, gimme a break. The "love life" on this show now is worse than Celebrity love island for christs sake. Kate: Ooh I love Jack, goes back to Sawyer, then back to Jack again. Jack, loves Kate, but happy enough to kiss Juliet. It doesn't work that way.

It seems week after week you complain about the show. If you really dont like it that much, please stop watching. Critisim is fine but it seems like week after week you come in here and attack it.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually quite like Juliet. I'm more of a jacket fan now than jate but now I don't really care for it much. Juliet is cool though. And I wanted to see her reaction to Goodwin's death.
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
Noj wrote:

It seems week after week you complain about the show. If you really dont like it that much, please stop watching. Critisim is fine but it seems like week after week you come in here and attack it.

It just makes me so mad that a show which I absolutely loved, completely adored, has gone to the dogs, for as far as I can tell no good reason at all. After such great promise for the intriguing, twisting show the first season gave us, it's all fallen apart.

I can't stop watching now as I want to see how they finish it off, it's one of those things, and I didn't criticise last weeks as it was a properly good episode, clever and emotional, the way Lost used to be.

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
LOL. That ending was hillarious!
"See you guys at dinner!"
DUN DUN DUN!! OMGWTFBBQ.

They might as well have added some sort of gay handflick or something. I mean, ....what??

Claire is hillarious, seriously. She makes me laugh.
"All Charlie said was who's boat it wasn't! DAMN THAT IGNORANT MAN!!11"

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:

Come Back And Haunt Me

It's the best. She comes up with better ideas than the show does. If it was all up to Darlton it would be constant violence, sex and that ruddy triangle (Oh sorry, I mean pentagon, right??). Wonderful.

I'm still laughing about that ending. INTENSE!

I read that fic too, loved it, and that's where I got the idea.

I was annoyed with Claire's lack of sadness on Locke's mentioning Charlie as well, but then I think she was probably thinking about Charlie at the time, so Locke's comment didn't catch her off guard and she was ready with a response. I'm holding to that. ^_^ I'm also holding to my theory that Claire is really very very sad but she's just trying not to show it to everyone else because she thinks they have bigger things to worry about than her.

Quote:

Agreed. I know people can't love every episode, but some people just complain about every little thing.

I liked this episode. Juliet pwns.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: