Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaay Ash! I was exactly the same! It's awesome! I read Twilight in about 3 days

I read the whole series in about 2 weeks

Pictures! (:

Robert Pattinson is the perfect Edward Cullen. He makes me swoon.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics!! Thanks for posting them, Elle! I so love the pic of the Cullen kids in the car. And yes, I agree: Robert Pattinson is the perfect choice for Edward. I'm sure he'll do a great job.

Have the finally found someone for Jacob?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they casted Taylor Lautner,

Not too sure on that choice tbh He looks about 12. I would've preffered Stephanie's choice, which was Steven Strait.

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, he *does* look very young, huh? Well, they might have to find someone else for New Moon because he is definitely too young, too small and too skinny for Jacob in the second and third book.

Steven Strait would be awesome!! He's really, really good-looking *squee*
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished a couple of days ago! OMG how much do I LOVE these books!?!?!?

Twilight is definitely the best of the three, altough the others are fantastic too, that said...

I'm gonna have to side with Elle on the Edward Vs. Jabob thing! Seriously I liked Jacob to begin with but now he just annoys me! New Moon was my least favourite of the three I was holding out for Edward coming back for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! Serioulsy I almost through the book across the room, I'm so impatient!

Edward is easily my favourite.

Also I approve of the casting, mostly!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9TRgqwaMS0s
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z1GA1lx_ll8
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld9I8COHieM

OHMYGOD.

FJIFNRUFIRU.
EWUFHRIK.
JVSKIEIG.

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool clips!! Robert so IS Edward!!!

OMG, the wig is ridiculous!!!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FrMGFy7Z4CQ
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first teaser trailer has been released:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hYhTn0U2jYU

Gah!!! I'm so excited!! Just how hot is Robert and how perfect is he for the role??? Too bad it's still such a long time....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knowwww. I love it.

I'm seriously freaking out over how perfect RPattz is for Edward.

Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I'm afraid that I don't agree with you, Elle, when it comes to Jacob and Edward... sorry!!
Maybe it's the fact that I'm in my mid-twenties already and see things like friendships, relationships and family from a different POV, but I was never thrilled by Bella's relationship with Edward. It's simply unhealthy!! And I don't mean only for the ovious reason, the human-vampire-problem. Bella is prepared to leave just everything behind to be with Edward: her family, her friends, her human life. I don't think that she is old and mature enough to really see the consquences this choice includes: it starts with rather trivial things like never feeling any real (physical) warmth again, never being able to taste food again and leads to more important things like never being able to have kids of your own, never being able to have a real family, never being able to see her old friends again, at least not in the same way, or her dad and her mom, never experiencing the different stages of life, never getting old.
That's a very, very high price to pay for a teenage crush, in my opinion. Yes, I believe that it's a teenage crush on Bella's part or, as Jacob put it, a very dangerous obsession. She's already having doubts by the end of Eclipse and I bet she'd regret it someday. She's too young and too immature to take such a tough decision... a decision that will affect her until the end of her days.

I'm not saying that Jacob is the one and only for her... who can say that at the age of eighteen (same goes for her and Edward though). I think though that she could have a much healthier relationship with him. She could be somewhat carefree and, even more important, she could be human. She could have kids and a "real" family if she wanted to and she wouldn't have to worry about her own or her family and friends' security.

So yep, I really hope that she'll make up her mind in the last book and choose Jacob instead of Edward. It's not that I don't like Edward but taking all the consequences into account, Jacob is the far better option!

I just read the three books, and I couldn't agree more with you, Karolina!! It's not that I don't like Edward, but his relationship with Bella is not healthy at all... it seems that she's addicted to him or smth... And I just love Jacob, but do you really think its possible that she'll choose him in the next book??? I never even considered that as an option, but I would be really happy if she did!

_bel_
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belxf wrote:
And I just love Jacob, but do you really think its possible that she'll choose him in the next book??? I never even considered that as an option, but I would be really happy if she did!

That's hard to say, really. Considering that Stephenie Meyer is in her mid-thierties, I'm hoping that she will go for the more mature and more reasonable way and will let Bella have a happy ending with Jake. On the other hand though, the Twilight series is rather directed at younger readers and I think that it would upset a lot of the younger readers and fans if Bella wasn't with Edward by the end of Breaking Dawn.
I'm really, really hoping for option number one, but I'm afraid that Bella will decide in favour of becoming a vampire and being with Edward.

By the way, are you going to read the last book right away?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll read it as soon as possible!!

_bel_
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belxf wrote:
KajaM wrote:
I'm afraid that I don't agree with you, Elle, when it comes to Jacob and Edward... sorry!!
Maybe it's the fact that I'm in my mid-twenties already and see things like friendships, relationships and family from a different POV, but I was never thrilled by Bella's relationship with Edward. It's simply unhealthy!! And I don't mean only for the ovious reason, the human-vampire-problem. Bella is prepared to leave just everything behind to be with Edward: her family, her friends, her human life. I don't think that she is old and mature enough to really see the consquences this choice includes: it starts with rather trivial things like never feeling any real (physical) warmth again, never being able to taste food again and leads to more important things like never being able to have kids of your own, never being able to have a real family, never being able to see her old friends again, at least not in the same way, or her dad and her mom, never experiencing the different stages of life, never getting old.
That's a very, very high price to pay for a teenage crush, in my opinion. Yes, I believe that it's a teenage crush on Bella's part or, as Jacob put it, a very dangerous obsession. She's already having doubts by the end of Eclipse and I bet she'd regret it someday. She's too young and too immature to take such a tough decision... a decision that will affect her until the end of her days.

I'm not saying that Jacob is the one and only for her... who can say that at the age of eighteen (same goes for her and Edward though). I think though that she could have a much healthier relationship with him. She could be somewhat carefree and, even more important, she could be human. She could have kids and a "real" family if she wanted to and she wouldn't have to worry about her own or her family and friends' security.

So yep, I really hope that she'll make up her mind in the last book and choose Jacob instead of Edward. It's not that I don't like Edward but taking all the consequences into account, Jacob is the far better option!

I just read the three books, and I couldn't agree more with you, Karolina!! It's not that I don't like Edward, but his relationship with Bella is not healthy at all... it seems that she's addicted to him or smth... And I just love Jacob, but do you really think its possible that she'll choose him in the next book??? I never even considered that as an option, but I would be really happy if she did!

I totally agree with you two. I read the books a few weeks ago an even though I really like Edward I don't want Bella to become a vampire for him... I hope she'll choose Jacob but I have my doubts. Most of the readers seem to be in favor of Bella/Edward (at least the younger ones) so I don't want to get my hopes up.

Icon by ack attack
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Team Edward all the way.

I didnt like the way Jacob was in the books - he seemed so arrogant to me.

But ComicCon was good was it not? Have you seen the extended Ballet Studio scene?

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody spoil me, I've only read Twilight and New Moon, and will be starting on the last two at the end of the week.

I had heard that it was a popular series, so it intrigued me and I decided to get the first book and read, and I'm about as addicted to Twilight as I am to Harry Potter and that's saying something.

I absolutely love this series so far and am so excited for the movie (even though disappointed that HP was pushed back)

I actually saw a site where the girl went to the Real Forks, real La Push and real Port Angeles and took photos of everything. The beach, the house, the Forks high school, everything.

http://www.twilightroadtrip.com/Home.html

I thought it was pretty cool, makes me want to go there and see the town for myself lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: