Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x05 - The Constant Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: 4x05 - The Constant Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Episode 4.05: The Constant

Character-centric to:

Spoiler:

Desmond!!! *fangirl squeeeee*

Episode summary:

Spoiler:

Sayid and Desmond hit a bit of turbulence on the way to the freighter, which causes Desmond to experience some unexpected side effects.

Cast, guest stars, writers and director credits:

Spoiler:

Writer: Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof
Director: Jack Bender
Guest star: Sonya Walger (Penny Widmore), Jeff Fahey (Frank Lapidus), Fisher Stevens (George Minkowski) , Graham McTavish (Sergeant), Darren Keefe (Billy), Kevin Durand (Keamy), Anthony Azizi (Omar), Alan Dale (Charles Widmore), Marc Vann (Doctor), Edward Conery (Auctioneer)

Last edited by KajaM on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

The Desmond show starts here

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

...and Penny's back, too!!! Hooray!!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
First impressions....

"Were gonna need to watch that again!"

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I loved this episode! OH MY GOD I loved this episode!

This was definitely the best episode of the season. After last week's disappointment, this was just what I needed.

I decided I like Desomnd again. Still think he's selfish, but he's cool too.

I almost cried at the end. It was so sweet. And Dan's journal....coolness!!

I found it a little confusing at first, but once the episode went on, I could follow it quite well. I'm glad I recorded it, I'll probably pick up on more stuff the second time.

I'll post something more in-depth tomorrow after most people have seen the episode.

Can I just say one more time I LOVED this episode and I LOVE this show????

art by me&tammy
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
WOW!
First impressions....

"Were gonna need to watch that again!"

lol Trey! And…Yeah definitely!

I loved it!! One of the best eppys of the season in my opinion. I'm reading a book right now for my English research paper, and the character...
Spoiler:

keeps getting un-stuck in time just like Des.

So I got really excited when Dan explained that to him. lol
I loved the...
Spoiler:

Des and Penny phone scene!! They were finishing each other’s sentences!!! How adorable!!

And...
Spoiler:

Michael is defiantly the "friend" Minkowski said that Sayid and Des must have on the boat.

I can't really go into detail right now about the whole eppy because I just got done watching it, so it hasn't really sunk in yet. And like Trey said...I really have to watch that again. lol

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I don't know if I think it's Michael or not. I dunno...sneaking around doesn't seem like Michael's thing. I thought it would be more in character for Michael to burst into the room, going, "HAVE YOU SEEN MY SON???" Lol. It could be Michael...can't really think who else it could be.

art by me&tammy
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was pretty cool! Not my favorite like some of you are saying but I really enjoyed it! I really like Penny and Desmond. They are so sweet. I loved that phone call between them. I almost started crying...and I thought the way they edited that scene with all the quick cuts towards the end of the phone call was really cool and dramatic! I can't wait to see someone make a Des and Penny vid with the new footage. Oh andI love Dan...He gets cooler with every episode!

On a random note...I really liked Juliet's hair in this episode! She looked really pretty! Can't wait to see her episode! Looks like it might be next week?

Last edited by nikkimonique on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took Flashes to another level with this one having him go back and forth. Seeing him intercut between times was just too awesome.

It was so damn sweet to have Des and Penny finally be 'reunited' although they never actually met they kinda did and how sweet was it that Penny was his constant.

Sayid? How could they do without this guy he's a total genius hehe It was also really nice to see Sayid/Desmond scenes together cause I don't remember too many before this.

Seeing the boat for the first time was a great moment. I was like finally! we get to see the boat, the insides and Minkowski RIP.

Also we had confirmation no time has passed in the outside world with the calendar. Looks like it's only getting in and out of the island where there is a time lapse.

Anyone catch what Charles Widmore was bidding on? Only the friggin Black Rock journal. Really cool.

Best ep of the season for me!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start off by saying this: I really love Penny and Desmond. They are definietly one of my favorite couples of Lost. I think they come in second to Jate So it was really great to see that phone call! I started to tear up, no lie

But not my favorite episode. I mean, I would never say I was disappointed, because Lost could never disappoint me (My love runs too deep- haha), but it just felt pretty uneventful to me. Where are they going with this time travel business? Was there an overall point to that, or was it just to prove the constant thing?

AND, does Des now remember Sayid and the gaps between 1996 and 2004? Or what? At the end to me it seemed like he didn't

Dan just gets more and more awesome. I don't think any other new character (throughout the history of the show) has grown on me as fast as he has.

And awww Des is his constant- lol

Daddy Widmore and the Black Rock and the Hanso thing was pretty cool as well. I enjoyed that!

I hate when our Losties get split- and then they split the focus of episodes. It drove me crazy at the beginning of season three, and it's going to drive me crazy now with the whole Island/Boat bits.

Boat people= scary. Way scarier than the kooks that landed on the island.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ep, as always! I'm SOOOO happy that Desmond & Penny got to talk! I really loved the last scene with them!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that episode was coolness
I gotta say one of the best of the season
I loved the whole 'constant thing.'
Yeah I think the friend on the boat could possibly be Michael, if he had heard they were on the boat it could be true but would he help them because of everything that happened.
I also loved the reference to Xmas I was like awww, yeah it shows that theres been no time change in the real world which answers one thing, don't even get me started on the Des/Penny scene that was soooo sweet, at the end of the call when they were literally talking at the same time that was just too sweet for words.

I love Dan aswell, The bit about Desmond being 'his' constant was like whoah!

I was really in love with this episode at first the flashes to me where a bit like errr... but then I got into it, and seeing the boat was awesomness, and seeing Minkoski was great too, I would have never expected him to be the same as Desmond though.

Also when Dan was saying about the radiation I was shouting at the screen tell him he was in the hatch Jack TELL HIM!!!! , but then I remembered he woudn't have known.

The bidding thing was good aswell on the journal, and Charle's Widmore being there just another great thing to add and then did you hear the auction after it was something to do with Charle's Dickens

Anyways that was long and now I gotta get ready for school.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Char you're so devoted I love it Good job pal!!!

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehe thanks Jourdan
Well it's nearly 8 so i'm off gotta be out the door in 5 tehe
No rest for the wicked lol.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, this ep was so awesome!! des and penny?!?! how could you not love them? i was crying by their phone convo at the end; it was gorgeous. and i simply loved how this ep played out with des flashing back the past and all. so is this also the reason for his frist set of flashes about Charlie? that electromagetic stuff?

Dan, Dan, Dan...could you be more of a weird in the nineties? love that des is his constant tho, lol i can pratically hear the wave of 'Danmond' fans crashing in, lol.

and its christmas eve on the island!!! yay so they are in 2004, real world wise, which i guess tosses the whole 'they're stuck in 2004 while the real world is in 2008' theory out the window. there is some time thingy going on there tho. I wonder if the island will celebrate xmas? Aaron's first, would claire do something? Perhaps kate gives jack a late night christmas pressie? anyway, im off topic...

so someone help me out here. Des's flashes in the army were AFTER he broke up with penny and tossed her ring in the river but BEFORE he was let out of jail? im trying to get my timeline sorted

fell even more madly in love with sayid in this one; that hunk-a-man can do anything with anything.

Who do we think left the door open? I'm going with Michael since he's the consensus of who Ben was talking about when he said "I've got a man on their boat."

anyone else a little disapointed with the freighter? I was expecting some big massive outlandish thing! but hey; at least they made it. and sayid picked up on the time thing to which means he'll try and sort it out; that's ma'boy!!

poor minkowski. although how creepy did he look in his catatonic state? he also reminds me of ben; i think its the eyes. Oh, and i was so glad to see Penny's dad back; Alan Dale can play anyone and he wasn't as mean to Dessie this time and yes Charlie i heard the thing about Charles Dickens! made me think of des reading the letter to penny and the Black Rock! i grinned when that painting came on; i was like 'yes, yet another connection to the island...'

yays for some Jacket scenes but poor Sun and Jin! they're on the beach too and didn't make an appearance. I guess Kate is still travelling back from the Barracks; i wonder what happened over there?

So far I think this is the best season yet; we're getting answers and new twists; i love it.

AND CHARLIE WAS MENTIONED!!!!! God bless Penny!!! How cute was she all dressed for xmas? I love her and she still loves des; he still loves her; dan apparently has some connecting with him (the constant thing).

AHHH; a sweet ending to this week's ep!!! not like last week where i literally crapped my pants at the end. well, of course i dont mean literally

man i wish i didnt have to wait a week...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: