Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x05 - The Constant Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally with you, Jourdan! *grins at banners proudly* I love Dan.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode was sooooo much better than last week's.
I just love Desmond and this episode is so far my favourite of this season.
The Des/Penny scene at the end was really beautiful.. those two need to be reunited, everything else would be beyond cruel.

Sayid was also great again.

And I like how they handle the time travel stuff - it's really confusing, but it seems that only the mind can travel in time and not the whole person and I really like that.

Oh, and I love Dan, too - he's awesome! But Charlotte is annoying. I'm starting to get an Ana-Lucia vibe from her and that's not a good thing.

Icon by ack attack
TheCorporeal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Dan banners~ :O!!

And I'm going to proclaim myself as one of the few who likes Charlotte. I just do. :D As an actress, Rebecca Mader has a lot of charisma and her character doesn't seem out there from the show (as, in my opinion, Ana-Lucia, and of course, Nikki and Paulo were completely out of place.)

I am liking the freighties. They bring nice elements to the story. But MOST of all... I LUV DAN. :D!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joon wrote:
But Charlotte is annoying. I'm starting to get an Ana-Lucia vibe from her and that's not a good thing.

Ana-Lucia did have a human side after all though; she showed some kind of emotions and had at least a bit of humour... I can't say that about Charlotte. She's just cold and yeah, totally annoying. (I'm still a AL fan, so I just have to defend her when she gets attacked ).
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im one of those ana fans who liked her after she died not cos she was dead; i just apprectiated her more after she was gone and in a way; kinda missed her ;P but charlotte? no; nothing intruiging about her. Miles has that ghostbusters thing, frank is the orginal pilot; an awesome badge to wear for me, and dan, as much as I dont like him, has that cool interest in time travel. charlotte's got nothing.

although if you think about it, neither did naomi but i LOVED naomi. i think she just played the mystery better where charlotte just comes off as arrogant and annoying.

have i mentioned i loved the amount of sayid-ness in this ep?i feel compelled to repeat myself...

Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

Ana-Lucia did have a human side after all though; she showed some kind of emotions and had at least a bit of humour... I can't say that about Charlotte. .

Yeah, I know.
It's just that I never liked Ana-Lucia and I can see the same happening to me with Charlotte. They are completely different characters but I don't like either of them.
But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

Icon by ack attack
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW
The whole episode was WOW!!!

I watched it today because yesterday was really a busy day... i really enjoyed "Flashes before your eyes" but that was really awesome!I love Desmond's episodes...well i've got a theory about time travel and it's really close to the things they show in this episode...Dan's constans is Desmond!!!!That was pretty unexpected!

Penny and Desmond's conversation was great...sooo touching and emotional...

Charlotte is annoying me but Dan was cool...i'm becaoming a fan of his )))
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally cried. I haven't had time to think thinky thoughts about this ep yet. But for now, just know that there was salt water pouring from my face. What is UP with that?

I do love Dan, but I also, REALLY REALLY like Charlotte. I dunno what it is about the Charlotte hate.

Juliet makes me wanna stab my eyes out still though. She can take that creepy smirk and her snarky comments and shove 'em!
TheCorporeal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

I do love Dan, but I also, REALLY REALLY like Charlotte. I dunno what it is about the Charlotte hate.

YES! Finally - someone ELSE who does like Charlotte! Charlotte fans unite! (Well, there are actually a group of people who like her because everyone's writing fanfic of her with Dan. :O) 'Sides, she's supposed to be similar to a female Indiana Jones, so I'm sure she's going to be getting more interesting plots on her side soon. :D
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody brilliant. I always love Desmond eps. LTDA, FBYE. The man rocks and he always has great episodes. I guess it's because of the whole time thing and it works well for him anyway. Amazing episode. About the only one I've actually enjoyed and not felt furious/upset afterwards. Hope they keep this up.

Oh, and me too Kat. I only started appreciated Ana-Lucia after she died. Now, I think she's awesome

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Stuff that rocked about this episode:

-Finding out what happened to Sayid and Desmond.
-More stuff about time travel!
-We sorta now know why Des has flashes.
-CHARLIE WAS MENTIONED! SQUEE!!!
-Kate and Sawyer weren't in it. (Sorry, guys, they both just really ticked me off last week.)
-Lots n lots of Dan! He is officially on the AWESOME list, and he is made of amazing.
-The flashes were really cool!
-The Christmas Eve thing was so sweet. I bet Penny remembered what Desmond said and was waiting for him to call that night.
-Sayid is still awesome! Him and his cool techie-ness!
-I liked the fact that the episode had a main plot that was RESOLVED by the end.
-I was happy when Desmond's memory came back. ^_^
-The whole "friend on the boat" thing. I can't wait until we find out if it's Michael or not!
-Pretty much anything else I forgot to mention was also awesome.

Stuff I didn't like:

-Ummm....*scratches head* Uh...I dunno...OH! I was sad the rat died. Everything else was awesome.

My favorite episode of season 4!

I agree. I think Sayid should kick Jack's ass and become leader. lol.
How happy was I not to see Kate?? N/o but it was a slight relief. It was alot of B-Team action this episode so it's an instant thumbs up from Jemma It was nice to see Charlie MENTIONED. He's been dead for, like, a DAY. Died on the 23rd.

Dan is teh best. I lolled at his 1996 hair though. Haha, I was 4 then. Makes me feel really young
Felt a bit like crying during the whole Despenny phone scene. Amazingly sweet. I hope they keep their promises. And brilliant new footage. Even for AUs!

I didn't care much for Dan's "You can't change the future!!!!11111111!" Of course you can. HE DID. He killed his rat, thus never trained her. What's up with that? He's still cool though.

Alan Dale is teh awesome. Loved him since the OC. Amazing actor! He can put on American and English accents really well, though I can tell he has an Australian accent. And that guy was in it from Friends! The one who dated Pheobe! Lol.

I still hate Charlotte. But then again, I decided I would before this season even started. I just don't get her relevence to the show.

And I thought the guy who left the door open was the original pilot guy? I can't remember what happened to him..oh well, great episode. The best one of the series. Probably will go straight back to Jack or Locke or something next week though.

One thing though, I thought there was gonna be a mini plot thing where Des was doubting whether Charlie would have closed the hatch door if Des hadn't of told him he was going to die. He wouldn't have IMO but I thought they were going to show this in this ep? *hmm*

ETA: Oh yeah, and I had to have figured this out I found out (so it's probably wrong) that Charlie was around 17 years old, alive and well in Des' trip to 1996. *sniff*
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about Charlie's age, Jemma. It was the same year he saw Charlie playing his guitar in the street, actually.

I'm so happy to hear you liked this episode! I hope Lost keeps up it's awesome-ness. I am still raving over how AMAZING it was and I'm watching it again tomorrow (once Elyse gets home).

I'm excited for next week.
Spoiler:

Juliet episode! Yay!

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Spoiler:

Juliet episode! Yay!

I totally agree with you! I'm all excited as well as I really, really like her!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You're right about Charlie's age, Jemma. It was the same year he saw Charlie playing his guitar in the street, actually.

I thought so! *sniffles* I just wanted him to look him up or something! Haha.
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:
Spoiler:

Juliet episode! Yay!

I totally agree with you! I'm all excited as well as I really, really like her!!

*GROAN* So Lost actually made me smile for the first time in weeks, and then it'll throw it all on the floor and stamp on it a couple of times straight away

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:
Spoiler:

Juliet episode! Yay!

me too!!!! i can't wait!

Quote:
I still hate Charlotte. But then again, I decided I would before this season even started. I just don't get her relevence to the show.

Charlotte needs to go to the other side of the island, look for polar bear collars and come back for 1-2 minutes at a time/ episode to supply answers and then disappear again!!! grrrr

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: